• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think it would be possible to buy a real SVD and somehow fit it with a M14 gearbox?

Yes, so long as you bend the motor cage to look like a V3 gearbox or have an SVD with a standard military style grip/stock, which wouldn't be an SVD at all but a Tiger instead. You will also need an incredibly looong air nozzle.

You might get problems geting your hands on a deactivated SVD though, not to mention deactivated guns are required to have their barrels cut in half. So it would be easier buying a King Arms/Atoz SVD.

Edited by renegadecow
Butcher!

I sure hope it's a joke... Looks like it, as there's no room for any sort of battery there.

Battery sling, you can kinda see the wire. I actually use this alot. It has very poor accuracy, because well the barrel is litterally

----------------------------------------------- this long.

It's not an RPK-74  <_<

Besides.. only differences between RPK and RPK-74 except for magazines (obviously), is that the RPK-74 has a flashhider..

Really now? I suggest looking closely at the receiver. Its a stamped type, akin to the 74 as opposed to the machined 47 type. And yes, the 74 (5.45x39) does sport different chambering from a 47 (7.62x39).

Nice :P

Really now? I suggest looking closely at the receiver. Its a stamped type, akin to the 74 as opposed to the machined 47 type. And yes, the 74 (5.45x39) does sport different chambering from a 47 (7.62x39).

Dude, a russian RPK has always a stamped receiver. Only difference between RPK and RPK74 is that the '74 has a bakelite pistol grip, a RPK74 flash hider and different calibre.

FW200 is right!

the same differences that exists between the AK-47 and AK-74 is to be found (respectively) on the RPK and the RPK-74

Uhm no, the RPK is based on the AKM, not on the Ak-47.

So the receiver is stamped and has a straight rear.

The receiver of the RPK features another reinforcement (the rectangular area), and it also featured the dimple which just about every stamped gun has, they removed this around 1973 though...

There are no machined RPK's made by Russia or the Soviet Union,

The Bulgarians have manufactured a couple of RPK's with machined receivers, but this is something of the last 15 years.

So the rpk and the rpk-74 is the same gun? sorry meant to say akm not ak-47, but they do, the caliber and in some instances the receiver cover (and of course the bakelite (?) parts and all the other "tweaks" that the ak-74 has). But since the ak-74 is a modernized and "re caliberd" akm, the differences are small. And you are right about the receiver, but i have never said anything else, and have never said anything about a machined receiver:) At least i haven't meant to

Edited by FastWinston