• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo... That's just the FTC AK, right? Not the Sheriff version?

I haven't had first hand experience with the FTC AK, but I hear the internals are rather complicated and not as robust as other classic airsoft...

If you need more info, go to www.classicairsoft.net. I'm sure the guys would be glad to be of help.

Ooooo... That's just the FTC AK, right?  Not the Sheriff version?

I haven't had first hand experience with the FTC AK, but I hear the internals are rather complicated and not as robust as other classic airsoft...

If you need more info, go to www.classicairsoft.net.  I'm sure the guys would be glad to be of help.

yeps just the normal one I'd heard they werent the best of internals too, which is why its most likely to go on the wall :)

Snorkel, welcome to the world of classics. I too don't happen to have that particular piece, but I hear it's alright. Metal except the lower body, shoots alright, but listen to Howard. Complicated internals, not so robust. Still a nice piece. Come over to CA.net, we'll get you hooked up with all the info you need!

Snorkel, welcome to the world of classics.  I too don't happen to have that particular piece, but I hear it's alright.  Metal except the lower body, shoots alright, but listen to Howard.  Complicated internals, not so robust.  Still a nice piece.  Come over to CA.net, we'll get you hooked up with all the info you need!

hehe cheers - expect to see me over there starting a 'where does this bit go' thread once I've broken it ...probably two or three mins after Ive started a 'look whats just arrived in the mail' thread on here :)

stevie

My new Bullpup AK.

*picture*

Oh yes...

Despite my misgivings about the UNCompany bullpup AK (which is absolutely terrible, both from an aesthetics and a practicallity point of view), yours looks pretty good. Shame it doesn't have iron sights on it though. I know from handling the UNCo bullpup that the standard layout forthe sights doesn't work, so obviously a bit of engineering is required.

What kit is on that? And why does it look like you've taped the bit holding the holosight in place?

EDIT - I know the answers now, I've just seen the relevant thread in the Technical Section. Cool.

-- misgivings? who am I kidding? I hate the UNCo bullpup AK

Edited by AKRay

Cheers, AKRay.

The tape is more to hold the pistol grip level with the rest of the body. The kit is well-made (in terms of material) but not quite so in terms of dimensions. I've had to do the best I could, all the bits go exactly where they should but they just don't quite stay there.

Some of the screw holes have been a little over-wound at that's caused some parts of the weapon to be a little more loose than I suspect they would have been had the kit been brand new.

I'm usually quite a perfectionist when it comes to getting conversion kits to fit but this particular one has given me a fair bit of grief. I expect I'll take it apart at a later date and see if anything more can be done. However, for now, even with a bit of tape and some (I'm sorry if you're a purist) wood screws she feels sturdy and is easily skirmishable.

She passes the benchmark test when it come to fitting conversion kits anyway: Can you pick up the rifle at any point without fear of it coming loose?

The answer is yes.

I've got AK fever after buying this baby at AEX  :D

Careful - AK fever knows no end once it starts - theres no known cure all you can do is treat the symptoms with more AKs hehe

AEX definately seems the place to go if you want one stateside :) same price as the HK dealers, and (I think) with free shipping?

Careful - AK fever knows no end once it starts - theres no known cure all you can do is treat the symptoms with more AKs hehe

AEX definately seems the place to go if you want one stateside :) same price as the HK dealers, and (I think) with free shipping?

I live 15 minutes away from an AEX store, so no shipping for me! BTW Snorkel, great job on the VFC AK review, it was a big factor in me picking one up myself. Now after seeing Gunrunner's AKs, me wants a AKM bad! :D