My 3 guns, have a fourth coming, but the donor gun has not shown up yet.

3aks-1.jpg

AKS-74, still waiting on Russian handguards, ordered them mid April, nothing's turned up yet. Shipping was estimated 10-12 weeks, so I guess they're still considered on schedule.

AIM, only completed AK project so far

Type 56, newest project, trying to install all real steel furniture except pistol grip and vented gas tube, along with some other cool stuff.

I hope that donor Spetznaz shows up soon, so I can begin assembling the AKM.

After these are done, I'm out of AK for some time, and moving onto something else for a bit.

Edited by thegunrunner
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for comments. I love your long mag Santa.

Update, Russian 74 handguards turned up today, installed lower, correct rear sight and cleaning rod. The upper I've decided to mount onto this with a real gas tube which has not turned up yet.

handguards.jpg

Type 56 bayonet is not steel, but is still cool to play around with. When I'm done with modifying it, I'll get some up close pictures. Hopefully I can finish all the AK this month.

How sturdy is the stock on the TM Ak47s? Can you get a replacement if it breaks? What is it made of? Can a real steel take its place?

From my experience, the folding stock on a TM AK47S is very sturdy.

You can get replacement parts from a number of companies, namely:

folding stock components or complete receiver & stock - War4 link: http://www.airsoft-war4.com/

Den Trinity also stock the hinge mechanism components - link: http://www.dentrinityshop.com/index_ne.jsp

It is made of a metal alloy of some description

Replacement with a real steel? Quite possibly, though other people would know better than me.

I'm fairly sure someone here or on redalliance has replaced their TM folding stock with a real one. Why not ask plasticmag, I think it was him that got hold of it for them :)

Dirty Santa replaced one with a real one, I did supply the stock, and I've done the work myself. It's pretty easy to do:

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

After drooling all over this thread for a few weeks, I finally bought an AK. Thanks for all the inspiration guys!

P1040395.jpg

That is my stock Cyma 028s. I was expecting to order new wood for it, but the quality on it already is astounding.

In all honesty this gun is amazing. I have seen other, better, ak's and this one holds its own against them. Completely TM compatible, the wood is a million times better. The stock isnt too strong, but the TM is the exact same way. Buy it, spend $30 on upgrades and you have a gun that the TM cant touch.

I love it so far, thanks. The real gas tube should be here soon so I can mount the upper handguard. Then I need to get the buttstock, real steel sight, Guarder bolt, and G&G trigger guard and I can call this one done.

You should post pictures of your 74 with the PK-A.

Edited by thegunrunner

Nice job PlasticMag (or Dirty Santa)!!!

That gives me a great idea. I'm wondering though if you cut/Dremmeled teh holes ata slightly different angle if you could get the stock to be in line (parallel) with the receiver, like it should be. Not like the angle TM lays at, if that makes sense?

LatestAKcoversion_original.jpg

Just messing about with my new CYMA and some bits i have in my AK box, i quite like it, it's light as a feather and looks not bad in my opinion (OK its no AK74SU but hey)

I think i'm going to keep it like this and keep my other AK as a poor mans AK74M, just need the KA stock and some ICS Mags :)

http://content.altnation.com/gallery/files...on_original.jpg

Just messing about with my new CYMA and some bits i have in my AK box, i quite like it, it's light as a feather and looks not bad in my opinion (OK its no AK74SU but hey)

I think i'm going to keep it like this and keep my other AK as a poor mans AK74M, just need the KA stock and some ICS Mags :)

That looks awesome. What parts did you use?

AKS-74 ready for action.

aks74.jpg

Parts used:

TM AK47

Systema FTK

G&G hopup

Prometheus G3 length barrel

Guarder AKS-74 conversion kit

Real Russian 1km sight

Real Russian handguards

Real Bulgarian gas tube

Real Russian sling

Real Bulgarian cleaning rod

Star 70 round low cap- switching to G&P style soon as this type was not so common