• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the G&P wood? For some reason it doesnt look right...

I think I wrote a couple of pages back what exactly is wrong with GP and KA wood kits... The shape of the stock and the pistol grip is off, and the very kind of wood is nothing like any wood ever used on military AKs from any manufacturer - it's just too fancy...

But all that aside, it DOES make a SPECTACULAR furniture for what could be a collectible/commemorative AK like the goldy made for Saddam, or a beautifully finished AK for the civilian market. That's definitely the kind of "feel" I get from those wood kits - not bad, actually :)

I wasn't really going for what was correct, mostly in that my body and front end were not even close to what a real one looked like, so I went with what was both affordable, and would probably fit me better, for which it does. The larger hand grip is good for my hands, the rear stock gives me more stability. The other bit is that as usual, the pictures dont come close to what it actually looks like, the only one that begins to show it is the last one.

It will be interesting how it will look in a year or two, with age and battle damage.

Edited by SACSlym

No frills, brand-spanking new G&G RK-103, complete with coat of epoxy (bloody reciever tang <_<):

akvinlandia.jpg

I have all the kit I need (except for that set of Sinotarn that should be somewhere between here and China, and possibly a Russian-style beret), and now all I need are four (more) AK mags.

Maybe more, depending. I might wind up having to buy one of those STAR AK mag boxes. Although it would be nice if MAG did a box of mid-caps....

Did you use steel wool and oil or fine grit wet/dry sandpaper to weather your Krink Ash? I think I'll do that same when I get mine.

Steel wool, you re right !

It was a looong work, but I was quite satisfied with the result.