• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hot damn son, that's a fine collection. is the gp-30 mounted on a ca slr i take it.

i have a slr105 myself with a star gp-30. was just interested in how you mounted yours.

i had to whip out the trusty dremel and lop off about 2mm of steel from one of the sticky outty nobs (clearly dont know what its called) that holds the fake barrel cleaning rod thing. god im good with technical names

cheers

chris

the gp 30 is mounted on an ICS AK74M. it's quite easy to do.

the parts required for the wooden kit is a set of wooden furniture which i got from rusmilitary.com for £110 and the grip is a spare guarder one but you can spray yours brown to save the hassle of finding a guarder one. i also had a spare ribbed top cover which makes it look the part. i need to spray it matt black as it's too shiny at the moment.

just to let you all know i'm working on a RPK74 using the CA 105 as a base. i will post pictures when i manage to finish it. i'm also toying with the idea of trying to make a bison :)

www.k-var.com

Assuming you use a TM or TM clone.

Yes, a lot of modification needed to make the parts fit. Handguards, take out wood to make it fit in the retainers. Stock is a different story. You may need to modify the body too to get the wood to fit.

Others I'm not sure as I only have done work with Guarder AK.

Edited by thegunrunner

it was only a tiny bit of steel to come off to maintain the quick detach function mate.

i tried it without any custom work and it took me about 45 mins to get it on, countless skinned knuckles later it was on but wedged in so hard and putting a lot of stress on the 2 barrel mounts.

i decided to sacrifice a tiny tiny bit of steel so it slides on smoothly and locks in place, i have a really naff back problem so when it gets too heavy near the end of the day i can just press the button and slide it off.

presto chango, no more backache.

Hey guys, where's a cheap, good place to get wood kits for AK's? (preferably in the US) Airsoft or RS, although RS would be better. The country of origin isn't very important. Also, what kind of dremeling is needed to make the stock, foregrip, or any other RS part that can be modded to fit work? Thanks.

Check this place out

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1zAKproduct.html

They can make kits to fit marui's too.

Terrible picture quality, but the missus appears to have nicked my Digi cam again :(

Anyhoo, here's the current family of black/synthetic furniture AKs :) ;

1_AKS.JPG

Top - ICS AK74M (got it today :D )

Middle - TM AK47 with KA AK74M furniture and a longer spetznaz front end

Bottom - CYMA AK47s (with most parts swaped for TM) with a spetz front

Edited by Sgt Craig

Still incomplete, but getting there. Real handguards came in today, straight from the Lucznik-Radom arms factory, still warm :)

It just needs a new skeletal stock now and it should make a great likeness of an M96 Beryl then. I'm getting really excited with how it's turning out :)

dsc0001axv3.jpg

dsc0003azb1.jpg

dsc0004adk3.jpg

dsc0002adj9.jpg

interesting choice of flashider...

Actually, the good ol' M16 flash hider does quite a good job immitating the flash hider of the civilian Beryl variation. The new production army model has a similar flash hider, extended a bit at the front to form a base for the bayonet's mounting ring. I'll add that eventually... I should also fill up the rear groove - there's only one on the Polish flash hider...