• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some shots of my 47s:

The 47 family. From the back: the RayPK, AK47 with black furniture, front left: AK47s (the workhorse) front right: the Baby 'K (Beta Spetz with underfolding stock)

10000223jk.jpg

The family, focussing mainly on the RayPK

10000243ds.jpg

The Baby 'K

10000233yk.jpg

Tigger and the RayPK

10000209sx.jpg

The only of these that I haven't used is the black 47, as it's missing a couple of pieces. It's also been built up from spares (Beta spetz stock and original front section from the RayPK (it had a different barrel extension, which wasn't the best thing I've had))

The RayPK is full metal, but with the original TM plastic furniture. The bipod and extended barrel are Guarder's most recent AK release (it's worth it). I didn't trust the plastic receiver and front section enough to support the longer barrel, to leave them as is, which is why they've been replaced with metal (G&P).

Ray

I really like the rayPK :)

How hard was installing the gaurder barrel set?

Cheers.

I had a slight problem with the allen screw, from the Guarder kit, not fitting the original screw thread where the Front Sight fits on the original barrel. This was rectified by filing off the threads on the original barrel. Even with doing that, it took less than 5 minutes to install. It's very solid, and they did the nice thing of including an appropriate length cleaning rod as well (probably can't see it in the pictures).

Ray

An Eotech!!!! On an ak/?!?!?1.1.!!!!

*Smites in the name of all things holy*

*Buys eotech* :P

You will change your mind when you see it ;)

My point exactly. I think it looks rather nice :D

:Dr_Evil:

I just noticed that I havn't posted in this thread yet :blink:

DSCF0342.jpg

That's Natalia, she's my ickle baby :D

IMG_2989.jpg

And this is me using her to own people! :P

Totally bitchin. My only negative is that you are slightly soft-focussed...

Anyway, rumour on the street is that Xmas will see minty AKS74U goodness under the tree, or so the kittens have told me. ;)

very nice ray.... how heavy is the bipod and such now? im thinking of getting the same set for mine but think the weight would outweigh any advantage of having the bipod

Cheers.

The RayPk as is ways about 4 kilos. I think the bipod set ways about 500g on its own. I didn't trust the plastic components on their own to hold the weight of the bipod.

Ray

My extremely sexy AKM.

Internals are nothing special but it shoots really well.

PDI 150%

Prometheus G3 inner barrel

Systema Bushings

Systema Shims

Only 2 hi caps and i just can't live with 1.2 k rounds. if any one has an E-mag for sale PM me =)

Now the not so high quality pics. You can still see how much better it is then anything CA could put out though...

akm0010dn.th.jpg

akm0025gx.th.jpg

akm0035vn.th.jpg

Shoots great

embrace its commie heritage!

http://www.a-human-right.com/mjr/pinkAK.JPG

i call it the pinko panther

from a-human-right.org, a really really anti gun control website

Nice. May I ask you what technique allows you to have a completely white background? Is it done by PS or some special photoing effect?