• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Custom AK47 using G&P metal body and wood set. Upgraded TM internals, metal hop up. Remaining parts pulled from sacrificial Matrix AK47 and refinished. Still want to change a few things, but I'm very happy with it so far. Anyone know where I could get a (real or otherwise) rear sling mount I could install in the stock?

IMG_7547.sized.jpg

IMG_7552.sized.jpg

IMG_7557_001.sized.jpg

IMG_7590.sized.jpg

IMG_7591_001.sized.jpg

IMG_7578.sized.jpg

Had to use a flash for these next couple, so the wood looks wrong.

Left side markings

IMG_7599_001.sized.jpg

Right side markings

IMG_7600_001.sized.jpg

Selector markings

IMG_7601_001.sized.jpg

Edited by staticzero

Close-up of the wood (stock)

IMG_7602_001.sized.jpg

Close-up of the wood (handguard)

IMG_7604_001.sized.jpg

Montage (1680x1050 here)

AK47Montage_1680.sized.jpg

Full album with larger versions here.

Here's one to show just how much is left over after a project such as this. Kind of depressing. Glad that's not TM money laying there.

IMG_7540.sized.jpg

Edited by staticzero
In that case, I feel lucky I didn't buy it yet. I thought it would be a perfect base for my AKM project.

It's actually (beside the sidefolding) a replica of the real one and not of the Guarder one.. it has a bolt carrier, gas piston etc, all things the Guarder one lacks, and it's much easier designing a gun from the ground up to have such features.

So for an AKM, it's a good base, it will need quite a lot of parts to make it look like an AKM though..

(Ribbed receiver cover, AKM handguards and stock, TM Ak-47 front end, slanted muzzlebreak)

I was actually wondering about this piece:

I lost mine and I've tried to fit a real steel on, which only resulted in my AK looking like some conscript handled it. I'm trying to find a replacement.

UNCompany sell the TM AK47 front section (part AK-10) on it's own. It's probably worth checking them out (and WGC, if memory serves).

The one thing I'm having trouble getting my hands on is the hop up adjuster (part AK-25). can't get hold of one for love nor money :(

Ray

Edited by AKRay
UNCompany sell the TM AK47 front section (part AK-10) on it's own.  It's probably worth checking them out (and WGC, if memory serves).

The one thing I'm having trouble getting my hands on is the hop up adjuster (part AK-25).  can't get hold of one for love nor money :(

Ray

Thanks a lot. Now I can finish my gun.