Ok guys I have been hit with AK fever. I will get pics of dads klashnikov up soon. I just dumped a 30rd mag threw it and i am hooked....I must have a spetnaz loadout..... on a side note. how much will a all metal and wood TM ak47 run me?

Edited by Krazy L
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you say the side folder stock wont work but i feel the need to mention for non ak fans reading this that you flick one lever and the scope will come off most of the time you can get easy access pouches for russian scopes for that reason quick quick detatch... i dont see the lever on this one maybe i dont know what im talking about but its on other ones.

how much will a all metal and wood TM ak47 run me?

New, be prepared to spend around $400 (before battery and mags and internal upgrades and shipping and tax and time to build it etc). And there will be a ton of leftover (wasted) parts, so get used to that idea.

A smart move might be to buy a CA SLR-105 and the G&P wood kit. It would save a lot of work repainting TM parts, and the G&P wood kit comes with a metal front set (which is plastic on the CA for some reason). You'd have a nice full metal and wood AK for around $420-450 before shipping and such, depending on where you got it. And, there would be fewer parts to buy and less work to do to upgrade it internally.

Personally, if/when G&G releases an AK-102 (which is foreshadowed by the packaging of the RK-104) I'll be very tempted to buy one and add some wood to it. Though I do wish they hadn't left off the side folding solid stock.

Edited by staticzero
Well you say the side folder stock wont work but i feel the need to mention for non ak fans reading this that you flick one lever and the scope will come off most of the time you can get easy access pouches for russian scopes for that reason quick quick detatch... i dont see the lever on this one maybe i dont know what im talking about but its on other ones.

That's right, the Cobra has a quick release system, a little bit invisible on the picture.

They have it at all the major Hk sites I've checked, I'm surprised RW doesn't. WGC does, look here: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...it%20for%20AEGs

I found it very easy to install (as long as you don't count all the sanding and painting I did to match the normally blueish stock parts to the flat black G&P parts). I didn't use the stock body though, so I don't know how nicely the kit plays with it (or other, non-G&P metal bodies for that matter).

Edited by staticzero