The cleaning rod gets scratched really easily.

Fugazi, what you have there will make a nice looking gun. I think you have the later type AKM muzzle by Guarder, seems like it has some type of coating on it. The one that came with my AKM kit has it too, but one I bought seperately a long time ago looks like it doesn't have it.

Plasticmag, be sure to show off the M70 when finished. I am hoping to start one soon, every time in the past I've wanted to do one, I get drawn away to a Guarder kit. Mine will be the version with the milled receiver, using parts from a real parts kit.

For those of you who don't know what an M70 looks like, here's a picture of it in action.

m70battle.jpg

Nice combat boots :P

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine:

AKS_1.jpg

AKS_2.jpg

AKS_4.jpg

AKS_6.jpg

Hey Skan, what cocking handle are you using? Is it the guarder steel one like the one I'm using? I only ask because on mine when you set the selector switch to the fire position you can see INTO the battery compartment and thus the top of the mechbox. I've since put black tape over the mechbox so it hides it better.

Titleist: thats nice

Well the one I use is a TM orginal that have been sanded and blued to get the real look.

The real one also have a hole in the same place as the guarder one but I didint liek it when you can see the mechbox :P

but the finish and so are much nicer on the guarder.

Here's mine, will get better pics in a bit.

aks74u.jpg

Skandarn, hows the kobra work on your aks-74u? I have one on another ak of mine, but I am thinking of mounting it on my aks-74u. Any issues I should know about? Does the stock lock in place with the side mount on there? Thanks!

Edited by ian@wca
Titlelist, your bolt looks a bit misaligned along the back. This happened to my AKM too, and I'm wondering if whoever put your gun together had the same amount of trouble I did when I put mine together. You guys have nice guns, just I prefer full size rifles.

Yeah I'll have to play with that, although even on the original AK cocking handle, in the last picture I posted (i.e the silver one) it looks mis-aligned, I don't know if that's how it was built or if it's the kit's fault.

Glad you like the gun, that KOBRA is nice, but optics on a russian gun sorta defeats the purpose, love the simplicity of 'em.

titleist: Yeah I feel the same the aksu looks nicer without the kobra but since I played alot of cqb I didnt had a chose and I think the kobra looks the best on the su.

Ian: You have to grind of a few milimeters on the mountbase to probebly close the sidefolding stock.

Thanks for the info Skandarn!

I agree about the optics. Ak's look better plain, but I just used my aksu for the first time two nights ago, it was an urban cqb night game...I got 0 kills. It's just too hard going against M4s with red dots and surefires. I'll accessorize, but I wanna keep it real steel.

Love the AKSUs! I have the Guarder AKS-74M with the Guarder steel bolt. I used black tape on the mechbox so it wouldn't show as bad when the fire selector is down.

You can see into the receiver of real AKs with the selector down anyway, so the Guarder bolt is more accurate in that sense.

Love the AKSUs! I have the Guarder AKS-74M with the Guarder steel bolt. I used black tape on the mechbox so it wouldn't show as bad when the fire selector is down.

You can see into the receiver of real AKs with the selector down anyway, so the Guarder bolt is more accurate in that sense.

That's 100 percent what I did as well, just used some black gaffers tape which is non-reflective to make it so the silver metal gearbox wouldn't be visible.

As for the fake supressor, I forget where I got it from, I'll have to check my email records when I get home. I'll get you the URL for that.