• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinkerbell,

It's fake, like any HK airsoft suppressor.

which is why the site selling it is *also* selling Fire Control Groups for AKs, and gas pistons.

not an accurate representation of the PBS-5 either.

go check out the Red-Alliance, im sure somebody there might have some for sale... :unsure:

(mods, if that was too much of an advert, please remove, cheers)

from the three silencers on that page, i highly doubt it to be honest.

"US Mfg Russian style PBS5 fake suppressor. Use this to bring your krink to legal 16.125" (actually about 16.75 OAL) or use it as a add on take off for your Ak74 rifle. 24mm thread. Made from CNC turned 6061 alum and then hardkoted."

notice the "bring your krink to leagal 16.125 OAL" i dont know what that means, but its sure as hell not airsoft.

"Russian style PBS5 "fake" suppressor for the Yugo M92 krink kit. Made from 6061 alum, finished matte hardkote black. If ordered with a M92 parts kit the extension is $100.00"

'fake' becuase its not an accurate representation of the PBS-5. the front sections horribly wrong on ALL of them.

"Like our PBS5 can for the Bulgarian krinks and 74s, we took that diameter, shortened it, and ran the thread pattern to the Yugoslavian M92 krink. Made from 6061 alum and matte black hardkote annodized."

Just a shorter/slimmer version of one of the others.

from this infromation, i gather this to be a Real Steel suppressor, and therefore, license requiring.

whoever *had* the suppressor, could you confirm or deny this please?

How'd you mean.

An AKM is a modern version of the AK47..... In very simple terms think of an AK74 (early wood ones) with a different gastube/block and fired a 7.62 x .39 round

or just think off a ak with a stamped receiver and it should chamber the 7,62

the gas tube can differ..

:sling:

from this infromation, i gather this to be a Real Steel suppressor, and therefore, license requiring.

whoever *had* the suppressor, could you confirm or deny this please?

its just a pice of hollow metal to make the krink in to legal lenght thats all.

Edited by DirtySanta

Apologies to the RA members here: this is a duplicate message for Arnies members not registered there:

Be wary if you buy a Hero Arms AK drum mag. The lip of the magazine is not compatible with the guarder steel receiver - it effectively will just fall out at the front, as the lip is not long enough. The same happens with the 104. At present I'm not sure if I can mod the lip to rectify the problem.

All the same, here's some pictures of it:

DSCF00102.sized.jpg

DSCF00111.sized.jpg[/img]

As you can see the finish is very different to the guarder steel receiver. The mag appears to have been spray painted or powder coated rather than anodized. The magazine adds a nice weight to the RPK, making the 'okish' heft of the full steel / wood RPK even better.

Any suggests on how to make a strong enough mag lip extension to make the magazine skirmishable are very recommended...:)

Two of my babies. Too bad I don't own either of them anymore :(.

TM AK with Guarder AK-103 kit:

Stock internally and externally, except the kit.

AK74M.jpg

TM AK-47S with Guarder SVD Kit

Systema M150 FTK

Custom cut inner barrel

TGS metal sight block

Metal receiver

Real PSOP 4x24 scope with illuminated reticle

FPS: Too high to list on here, obviously.

normal_compositeSVDsmall.jpg

How I miss these guns...AKs are my favorite, but when you need money, you need money unfortunately. Hopefully soon I'll be able to pick up the G&G RK-104 to tickle my fancy.

Edited by NecronomicoN
new camera = new pics..

aksuomon.jpg

aksuomon2.jpg

:phone:

Marlowe: that new mag looks ace!

does it feed good?

Love the pics Santa. I erm...don't have any AA batteries in the house at the moment, so I've not been able to check yet. I'll let you know as soon as I manage to find out where the hell they've all got to... :no: