• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeesh, I can't believe there's so much flak for that "suppressor" when I received my AK74SU it was litterally a week after they came out in Japan, so tracking down information on the thread pattern and where I could obtain a real looking PBS-5 doesn't exsist. I don't really use the silencer on the gun as it defeats the purpose of the small size of that gun.

However if anyone would be so kind as to point me to where I could obtain a better looking PBS-5 replica I would be very appreciative, thank you!

I wasn't giving you flak mate, was just explaining what it was to Tink :)

I would agree about the PBS5 - it looks cool but when it takes the gun back to the length of the AKS74 and doesn't even silence the gun, it is kind of pointless.

This is my one:

Guarder_AKSU_new_stock_right.sized.jpg

Guarder_AKSU_new_stock_left_001.sized.jpg

Additions are Guarder steel bolt, converted real Tula plum mag and real AKSU stock with rolled struts.

TBS, yeah, I totally agree with you. The whole point of the AKS74U for me is that it's an extremely powerful gun in an extremely small footprint. Putting the PBS-5 on it really defeats that, makes it kinda unbalanced when the stock is closed.

Oh and I know you weren't giving me flak personally, just that there was a debate over what made it real or not. It looks like a silencer to me, and I was just concerned about looks, like I said if someone can tell me how to obtain that better looking PBS-5 my ears are open and so is my wallet.

Speaking of which I need to get myself a real AK sling to go along with my gun. The addition of that steel bolt looks great, as the silver Marui one is not accurate at all. I love how it feels in the gun, too bad when the selector switch is down you can see into the mechbox/battery compartment, ah well, a little bit of black gaffer's tape over that area makes that problem go away.

Forgot to say, that's a proper AKSU sling as well (it's thinner than the normal AK74 type).

I have also been fiddling with my RPK74 recently:

RPK_with_drop_case.sized.jpg

Rpk_drop_case_2.sized.jpg

Receiver is a modded DTP one, the gun has old type Guarder RPK kit, Guarder pistol grip, real 45rd mag conversion, real RPK windage-adjustable rear sight, Guarder selector switch, G&P metal front end and a Trapper RPK74 flash hider. Drop case I got off Stottman.

I am considering sanding down the wood and re-finishing it in a slightly more realistic colour, but first I have to get the courage up :)

Swift how hard is it to get the real gun stock onto the airsoft gun? I have the AKS74, and the real gun doesn't have the bumps on the the back of the stock. I want to replace it with a correct real one.

I'm fairly sure the AKS74s had either the smooth buttplate or the ribbed one. In which case the Guarder one is actually OK. But if you want to replace it it's not too hard a job. Unless you mean the "horn" things on the real stock?

You have to make an L-shape cut on the bracket at the neck of the stock to replicate the Guarder shape. I used the Guarder pin as the real one wouldn't fit. You will need to pack around the pin with some tape or something though as it's slightly thinner than the real one - if you don't do this then the stock will wobble.

I'm fairly sure the AKS74s had either the smooth buttplate or the ribbed one. In which case the Guarder one is actually OK. But if you want to replace it it's not too hard a job. Unless you mean the "horn" things on the real stock?

You have to make an L-shape cut on the bracket at the neck of the stock to replicate the Guarder shape. I used the Guarder pin as the real one wouldn't fit. You will need to pack  around the pin with some tape or something though as it's slightly thinner than the real one - if you don't do this then the stock will wobble.

Thanks, seems like quite a bit of work to get the stock on there. I love your RPK though, probably going to try one soon.

I'll have pictures of my AKM in a bit.

SLR-105 w/ Olive Drab Furniture. Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but it looks beter than the other ones i took that made the green look WAY too bright. When its really an Olive Drab.

gallery_3991_628_745226.jpg

Nice lookin' SLR-105! I'm about to order one myself and am wondering where the sling attaches in the front of the weapon. Is it there and I just don't see it or is there a part I need to buy?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nice lookin' SLR-105! I'm about to order one myself and am wondering where the sling attaches in the front of the weapon. Is it there and I just don't see it or is there a part I need to buy?

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

It attaches to the front lower handguard retainer.

rom7402.jpg

Edited by thegunrunner