sorry to intrude with a noob question here but i have absolutely no experience with AK's. ok, after seeing ledpocket's newest creation, i have decided that my next gun will be an AK and i will try to model it as closely to Led's as possible, but i plan on building it from a Beta Spetz so here are my questions

1) where in the hell can i find the folding stock like on the ak47s

2)im guessing the gun can be rewired to take the AK stick battery right?

3)im also guessing again the spetz has the same reciever type as the regular AK47 and would be able to take a stick battery.

4)has anyone else done this? i looked thru these pics here but i didnt see any.

i am teh ak noob...

Right, you can acquire the complete AK47s lower receiver and folding stock (or just the folding stock, minus locking parts) from war4 airsoft (click here for website). I'd recommend emailing them first to find out if they have it in stock. If you can only get the stock, and not the receiver, Den Trinity carry the locking mechanism (click here for website).

Here is the link to a guide on how to fit the 47s stock to a spetz (written by me, so ask me if you need something explaining better): click here

Hope that helps.

Ray

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also no need to re-wire.

You just pull the wires up the side of the gearbox in the top cover. This way the battery connector is at the back (better if you're using longer batteries)

It will me much harder to make using a spetz... unless you just want a folding stocked spetz.

Bare in mind though, you may need to file down parts of the forgrips to get the stock folded in, else it wont lock in place.

Also no need to re-wire.

You just pull the wires up the side of the gearbox in the top cover. This way the battery connector is at the back (better if you're using longer batteries)

I discounted that option because I wanted to be able to put a fuse in the gun (it is now, just like my AK47s and RPK). However, if you don't want the fuse, it is a perfecctly viable way of doing it.

Bare in mind though, you may need to file down parts of the forgrips to get the stock folded in, else it wont lock in place.

You do have to file the fore grip. All of this is explained in the link (by both of us in fact :) )

Yeah i just read it.. good work :)

If you use a metal forend, thus meaning you can slide the battery down it you can still use a fuse... however this can;t be done on the spetz :)

Also i have an AK part to send you!

I've just remembered... sorry dude been a long wait!

Anyone got a spare set of AK screws? speicifcally the front sight one, and the four that hold the trigger gaurd on. i've lost the *fruitcage*ers. <_<

You can probably buy replacements from any DIY store or builders Merchants, though, obviously you'll need the dimensions. When I get home, I'll dismantle one of my AKs and get measure them up for you.

Kronic, cheers!

Ray

Depending on your receiver, the screws holding the trigger guard are either M3 or 3mm coarse threaded screws, 8-10mm in lenght. The plastic receiver uses the coarse screws and most metal ones (without the trigger guard backing plate inside the receiver) use the M3s.

Anybody got a real AK trigger guard they would be willing to part with? :)

Eh, don't you think that's a bit overboard Gir?

I'm not against worn looking guns (especially AK's) but that's a bit much, as in it doesn't look very realistic IMO. And if you stick with it you definitely need to attack the wood like a deranged beaver to match it.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

I play at a field where theres ALOT of sand. So i always get it dirty and sandy, looks really nice and like the ones from baghdad. You'd be suprised. Someone who was in the gulf war said it looked just like the ones he picked out of the sand.