Barrel mounts differently.

You'll need a new sight block as that mounts very differnetly.

Gas tube mounts to the sight block differently.

Real 103 stock wont fit, but i spose you could buy the Guarder ones.

Edited by kronic
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and finally here is my AK, post upgrade.

TM AK47 with a G&P metal reciever and a King Arms wood kit - yes i went for all the cheapest parts possible :D. got both parts for 50 quid from HK. add to the 90 quid i paid for the AK, and thats 140 for a full metal and wood AK47 !!!!!!!!

DSCN2332.jpg

DSCN2333.jpg

DSCN2334.jpg

the metal body is very nice. the KA wood kit - well you know for sure you arent buying guarder qualtiy, but its decent enough wood. this is my first experience with airsoft wood products, so i cant realyl comment on the quality too much. its a nice, good colour though.

the stock fits fine, although to get to the batetry is a bit fiddly, not something you can do in-game. the pistol grip is perfect. the lower foregrip, i had to sand down the little notch that goes into the reciever quite a bit, but its still a nice tight fit. the upper guard fits fine aswell, though its a bit out of line with the lower guard, not majorly though.

for 35 quid, and for somebody whos not a major AK lover, its perfect. for those of you who lust after every Guarder kit available, you will probably be dissapointed. looks much betetr than TM plastic though.

im now about to beat it up quite a bit, so thought i shoudl get some pics how it looks now.

EDIT - how would you suggest i beat the wood up ?

Edited by screamin_weasel

yeah i painted it, and now im scratching some off for a worn look.

im not one for period details to be perfect, i couldnt care less if 47's didn't have a black cover. :D

i even had my g36k flash hider on it yesterday lol

im scratching paint off the gun at the mo, need some ideas about the wood though

im also thinking of putting an AK74 flash hider on my AK47 - oh teh noes :o

and here is my now beaten AK :D

DSCN2336.jpg

DSCN2337.jpg

DSCN2335.jpg

DSCN2340.jpg

DSCN2339.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

im well chuffed, shame the bit with the rear site mounted on is plastic, but i might paint some silver on the edges to make it look like metal. the wood looks too new, still trying to decide what to do to it.

i love it though.

well that comment just moved me to compare the photos to my actual gun, and needless to say the 'awesomeness' of digital photography has somewhat exaggereated the brightness of the silver bits, it looks less 'in your face' in person, but its still quite beat.

anyways, i went to Egypt and saw real AK47's FAR more caned than my one, so i dont care :P

True Doc, I agree.

What I would do, is to tie the AK to the back of you're car and drive over a dirt road for some time, that should do the trick :D

EDIT: Atleast throw a beaver at that wood furniture, too shiney.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

Edited by LoneWolf

yeah bearing in mind also it will get a bit dirtier and duller with use. i mean jesus dudes, i only just uncovered the metal.

but anyways - its my gun you can kiss my *albartroth* ;)

edit - yes i know about the wood. im still thinkign of how i can make it beaten up without damaging it. its not the best wood in the world (get what you pay for), and i fear throwing the stock at the wall etc could break it.

and i acknowledge your thoughts, and im not getting arsey, dont worry dudes. im too mellow.

its funny, some people go "yeah my gun looks JUST like that real one i saw on TV, or in that pic"

i go to Egypt and get 5 feet away from real AK47's, and people are telling me "it doesn't look right" :blink:

ANY help with the wood predicament ?

###### on it ;)

How did you get this so cheap? I want one now.

oh i see, Doc wants a AK now ?? ;)

tbh, i got lucky.

i managed to get an almost mint condition TM AK47 from AKRay for 88 quid posted. then i got the wood and metal reciever from HK, 50-60 quid the wood and metal cost.

like i said, the wood and metal were the cheapest ones available. and i got SUPER lucky with the AK price. add it to the fact i just sold the old furniture for 20 quid, lo-cap for 13 quid and stock TM spring for 4 quid, thats some money back already :D

Weasel, I rather enjoy that AK, it looks like it's seen 30+ years of non stop use. With the reciever, maybe you can use a rust colored paint in spots. For the wood, you might be able to take some sandpaper and scratch off some of the laquer, maybe some dirt can stick in there if there's some scratches. Take a rock and dig a groove or two in the grip or stock. Maybe hit the stock (or the whole gun) against the concrete a few times, like it was set down roughly or dropped.

Edited by WeirdoTransvestite

cheers dude. :D

im gonna sand all the varnish off, but i dont want to go too far as i want to keep the colour. then gonna rub some mud and oil and *beep* in it. im a bit wary of hacking into the stock as its not the best wood in the world, i dont want to break it

it will stand up to skirmishing, just not be annhialating it

ok here are some pics now i sanded the wood down. they arent too good because really i need daylight to show the difference in the wood, camera flash is *beep*. and it shows the wood as the wrong colour. <_<

DSCN2345.jpg

DSCN2344.jpg

DSCN2343.jpg

DSCN2342.jpg

DSCN2341.jpg

in person teh wood is a bit less red, and it is now un-varnished, and matte all over. i have sanded down extra bits hwere you would hold the gun, or rest your cheek on the stock. like i said, its not too visible under camera flash, better pics tomorrow hopefully.

Attack it with a file.

Also screwdrivers work great (flat heads).. jab it a few times with one of those.... but be very carful jabbing the stock.

You really need to take a few chunks out of the wood.

Edited by kronic