• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mutant Spetz at the top and my stock one,

I plan on giving the stock spetz a wood effect paint job and roughing up the reciever to metalise it soon, this will be my bread and butter skirmish tool.

As for the top one it doesn't have any internals, i'm getting hold of a normal AK front end and a nice tight barrel (as well as a gear box, hop and motor of course) after that i gues i'll see if i can get hold of a nice side rail and russian scope (and get rid of the silencer).

incidently if anyone has the stuff i need for the top one give me a shout and i'll get some cash to you for them.

Cheers,

Craig

As for the top one it doesn't have any internals, i'm getting hold of a normal AK front end and a nice tight barrel (as well as a gear box, hop and motor of course) after that i gues i'll see if i can get hold of a nice side rail and russian scope (and get rid of the silencer).

War 4 advertise the complete AK gearbox, it's about $102 (~£55-60) (www.airsoft-war4.com). I recommend you email them to see if they have it in stock

UNCompany sell the standard AK front end for $100 (www.uncompany.com). No idea if it's in stock or not.

Hmmm, good plan, i'll look in to getting the complete gearbox, should hopefully be getting the front end from a guy that recently did a conversion. I'm just a bit wary about ordering from Hong Kong, as the last time i got a huge customs and handeling fee. :(

Shouldn't be a problem through war 4, I think I've only paid a customs charge once in all the times I've ordered from them.

Just remembered, the gearbox you get is wired for the full stock AK, it may be neccesary to rewire it to accomodate a battery in the upper part of the receiver.

Edited by AKRay

craig might be worth giving gunner a try hes got the Cyma metal v3 gearboxes complete with motor mount and motor for 48 dollars plus shiping

Cant comment on the internals yet as Ive still to get my sample ones thru, but even just as a base for chucking a full tune up kit into they look like being a good deal (and in stock unlike most places advertising the complete marui boxes with motor mount which tends to be the prob with those)

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/

craig might be worth giving gunner a try hes got the Cyma metal v3 gearboxes complete with motor mount and motor for 48 dollars plus shiping

Cant comment on the internals yet as Ive still to get my sample ones thru, but even just as a base for chucking a full tune up kit into they look like being a good deal (and in stock unlike most places advertising the complete marui boxes with motor mount which tends to be the prob with those)

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/

Cool, i was thinking about getting some UTG or similar internals, i'll check out gunrunner. I'll put that Spetz stuff to good use :)

Cool, i was thinking about getting some UTG or similar internals, i'll check out gunrunner. I'll put that Spetz stuff to good use :)

accordign to track n trace mine have got thru wtithout customs doing the nasty on them, so worked out at £43.30 each Dont have any of the right hand side linkage for the selector mech on them (im hoping to get a lad i know in states to make these in some sort of heavy duty plastic but he takes forever and a day)

accordign to track n trace mine have got thru wtithout customs doing the nasty on them, so worked out at £43.30 each Dont have any of the right hand side linkage for the selector mech on them (im hoping to get a lad i know in states to make these in some sort of heavy duty plastic but he takes forever and a day)

This is where war 4 is slightly better (countered by the higher price, but it is a Marui gearbox). The gear box you can get from them comes with all of the required parts, including the selector switch arms.

Just couldn't resist putting it together for a quick photo (the paint is still a bit tacky, once it's dry i'll give it a varnish)

Cheers to Snorkelman for the original spetz grips and stock and cheers to rihno for the wood effect painting guide :)

woodspetz.jpg

Edited by Sgt Craig
Hello!

Don't Tell My wife that I Love my AK so Much...hehehe!

heres my humble contribution!

http://imageserver1.textamerica.com/user.i...28194727247.jpg

http://imageserver1.textamerica.com/user.i...28195017353.jpg

http://imageserver1.textamerica.com/user.i...28195545897.jpg

Sporting with GP25 GRENADE LAUNCHER

ciao!

jojo

repost: ACM Manila

that needs to be scirmished