• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I stick anything else on?

DSCF00311.sized.jpg

Don't worry, I won't. ;)

What brand of scope mount are you using on that?

Here's my lil Spetz where I sliced a TDI grip to Beta spetz size and chopped more stuff inside to make it fit on the TM spetz :) njoy

59755119-M.jpg

What brand of scope mount is this one?

Edited by Slade xTekno
I love the guns but not the silencer :(

It's a PBS-1 silencer, as used by russian forces. Okay, a silencer on a RPK? I've been told that RPK's are used as counter snipers at the moment, that's why there's a silencer on the replica.

Note: one RPK is mine, the other one is from Schlangsky.

le%200011.jpg

My first AK & Mod. I started to go Dragunov But I didn't like the look so I held back on the stock and foregrip. The barrel is nice and long though. I would like to get the more traditional scope/mount as the scope sits too far forward. I ran out of funds for wood :(, but it's decent enough in black IMO. Also I might paint the dust cover soon, some people's look great with it.

My AKM:

AKMs.jpg

Used parts:

- Real russian AKM wood stock set

- Real AKM sight

- Real Hungarian AMD-65 flashhider

- Guarder Top cover

- CA metal body

- G&P metal front set

- Other TM parts black painted

my RPK:

RPKs.jpg

Used parts:

-Real russian RPK stock

-Real RPK sight

-Real RPK flashhider

-Guarder RPK steeal barrel and bipod set

-Other TM parts black painted

And still hunting for real steel handguards......

Nice, I got to play with one today. Seems like their casting is pretty rough, especially on the front trunnion block. But for $475 for a full steel, over forum limit power AEG, who can complain?

oddly enough the actual casting of front block, sight block and bolt etc I actually quite like (though id lose the too glossy finish applied to them) The ones on the guarder version are super-finished with a lot of time put into them (like gun show standard), while the real ones are rough as a badgers *albartroth* lol. So the VFC ones kinda sit in between the two extremes

Thats just me being anal though, we restore bikes and can spend hours trying to keep things like the original casting marks on crankcases, carbs etc when cleaning them up :)

Anyway enough on those, spill the beans, what bits you got coming for the AKs? :)

stevie