• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that the KA wood kit?

i just helped my friend install one on his tm ak, and despite what the king arms wood kit looks like in pictures, in person, it is really really nice, and is definetely worth 70 dollars

Not really an AKSU, but pretty damn unique considering whats on it.

DCP_2038.jpg

- TM AK-47S base

- Beta front end

- CAW beta wood kit

- Modified G&P Lower Reciver

- Real Steel Romanian Sidefolder Welded onto the airsoft reciver

- Guarder Steel bolt

- G&P Sel switch

- G&P Rear foregrip brace

- Real Steel Russian AKSU Rear sight

- ICS Short M16 QD Supressor

- 600 round Waffel mag

- Guarder Silver Cylender

- Metal bushings

-Systema airnozzel

- BIGOUT BOS chip

- Guarder SP90 spring

- TM EG1000 motor

- Guarder Alum Piston

- Systema silent head

- Random Realsteel Trigger guard/mag catch.

- TK P90 twist barrel

- Systema hop packing

- BIGOUT H hopup spacer.

I presume the receiver is steel otherwise how would you weld a steel stock to a non ferrous metal or plastic?

Being nitpickey? or just trying to poke holes in my story? :P

The Previous owner of the receiver/stock,said both the receiver and stock were welded together. I can see where its welded with the top cover off. so unless its some damn good monkey metal, it would have to be a steel receiver. :unsure:

Not nit picky at all, purely, just an interested technical question.

Also you may have noticed the receiver does not have any indents above the mag to indicate AK or AKM etc/Guarder or Marui etc so it is completely up in the air from my end as to maker and material.

Not nit picky at all, purely, just an interested technical question.

Also you may have noticed the receiver does not have any indents above the mag to indicate AK or AKM etc/Guarder or Marui etc so it is completely up in the air from my end as to maker and material.

Its a modified receiver, no mag indents and rivets to simulate a Stamped AKM receiver. Previous to my paint and modifications it for all accounts looked the part of a 47 style receiver.

And I was just kidding with you :P

G&G receivers are Magnesium, it could be that. The G&P one won't weld, I don't believe.

It could just be JB-Welded on there...

It might be a G&G Receiver! This thing is rock solid, I've tried to seperate the stock from the receiver but it just wont budge! the weld marks are ontop of the stock then theres a plate extending down into the receiver which appears to be welded onto the inside of the receiver. I'm not aware of JBweld that feels like metal or can withstand paintstripper like this has. >.<

I'll see if I can get some photos latter on of the weldspots.

Could be, and I can't remember fully until I've had a look at my Spetz, that he has replaced the normal full stock bracket with some sort of steel insert to which he has welded the new stock.

Have you tried sticking a magnet to the main bulk of the receiver?

p.s. Not meaning to dis your mod work but AKM's have small indents above the mag well.

:D

Could be, and I can't remember fully until I've had a look at my Spetz, that he has replaced the normal full stock bracket with some sort of steel insert to which he has welded the new stock.

Have you tried sticking a magnet to the main bulk of the receiver?

p.s. Not meaning to dis your mod work but AKM's have small indents above the mag well.

Yep, they hold onto it. I figgure thats a dead give away that its steel?

and yea the indents are extremely hard to do with a dremel tool. Plus have you ever seen a real AKBS length gun with such a mix of parts? :D not the most realistic replica to begin with but it does look close to what the mob family uses in Trigun. ;)

Where did you get the 20 round magazine replica (or is it a real one)?

It's real. I bought it from a military supplier in my own country.

Thats the most real looking fake gun on the fakest looking real grass ive ever seen.

If it's irritate you I'll delete the picture..........

Edited by Code