• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing the RS-to-Airsoft parts discussion:

Would RS solid stocks need any modification (other than a hollow place to put a battery) to mount on a G&G RK-10x?

I belive FW200 did that that with his RK-103.Also anyone know if you can switch out the side folding stock on the AKS-74U with real one,not the hole stock assembly just the stock.

Edited by HKG36

So im still on the brink. Sell all my 47 mags and get 74 baklites along with 74 grips and a side folder for my G&G ak or buy a mauri and do the same. I'd like to use the G&G for correctness and then I might be the first guy to put a folder onto a G&G.

EDIT: Got a price list from Tantal on AKS-74 parts. I'm very confused so if someone couls help me out and let me know what I need they may see a plus 1 in their future...

AK-74

SOVIET MABUFACTURED LAMINATED WOOD FURNITURE SETS, FIT ALL STAMPED RECEIVERS:

We often carry many rare Soviet-era AK-74 type parts. Usually found in factory store rooms, these are very rare and do not last long in our inventory. Please preview each listing to determine condition, colors and available styles. All NFA rules apply! Fixed stock sets come with the correct Russian bakelite pistol grip while folding stock sets come with the correct laminated pistol grip.

74WPG-N Soviet laminated wood pistol grip, correct style for RPKS74, AKS-74 and AKMS rifles. Direct from Izhevsk, these new pistol grips are a traditional, original medium to dark red-orange in color, and include the metal ferrule $59.95 (+$7.50 shipping) IN STOCK

74W-HGS-N5 Soviet laminated wood upper and lower handguard set (2-pieces), correct for late AK-74 and AKS-74. These sets will fit almost any stamped receiver variant rifle (no gas tube is included). Upper is of the late no-slot style and the type pieces are a near perfect color match in a traditional medium to dark orange-red finish. new-like new $99.95 (+ $5.85 shipping) IN STOCK

74W-HGS-S Soviet-made laminated wood upper and lower handguard set (2-pieces) new in bare wood (no finish), correct for any late AK-74 and AKS-74 and perfect for a do-it-yourself wood finishing project. . These sets fit all stamped receiver Kalashnikovs (no gas tube is included). Late production units with no-slot uppers. new-like new $89.95 (+ $5.85 shipping) IN STOCK

74WBS-U used original Soviet AK-74 laminated wood buttstocks, in strikingly handsome, desirable, original and traditional medium to dark colors. These appear close to new but show minor wear or very small dings on the top or bottom edges that is not noticeable from the sides. Don't worry, these are the real deal! They are highly desirable with nice deeply squared cheek welds with straight chevron contours and side sling swivels. They come factory complete with the original and correct mint condition hardware $139.95 (+$7.50 shipping) IN STOCK

74W-4SET-NL complete all-Soviet AK-74 fixed stock stamped receiver laminated wood 4-piece set (also fits any stamped receiver AK rifles). Near perfect color match in an original and traditional medium orange-red (iodine) finish. The set comes with the correct Soviet Bakelite pistol grip, and all metal hardware is in new condition. The upper handguard is a late style which has no cooling vents. Parts are generally like new but some buttstocks were removed from actual rifles and may show finish scratches or tiny dings, apparently from weapons rack storage. $349.95 (+$8.50 shipping) IN STOCK

74W-4SET-E5 complete all-Soviet AK-74 fixed stock stamped receiver laminated wood 4-piece set (also fits any stamped receiver AK rifles). The finish is perfect and of excellent, traditional iodine colors with orange/red highlights, and are an above average color match. These sets come with an original and correct Soviet Bakelite pistol grip and all metal hardware is also in new condition. The upper handguard is the super rare and correct early to middle production AK-74 beveled style in the same great color and finish! These are original finish new condition sets hand matched to perfection, and will cap off even the most demanding museum quality collection. Only a few are available $689.95 (+$8.50 shipping) IN STOCK

74W-4SET-E6 Museum quality complete and correct early to mid-production all-matching, all-Soviet AK-74 fixed stock stamped receiver laminated wood 4-piece set. The finish is perfect and of an excellent, traditional dark red/iodine colors with orange/red highlights, and are an above average match. These sets come with the original early rubber coated buttplate, correct Soviet Bakelite pistol grip. Even the upper handguard is the hyper rare and correct bevel cut early to middle production style in the same great color and finish! These are original condition and hand matched in new condition. $724.95 (+$8.50 shipping) IN STOCK

AKS-74

FOLDING METAL BUTTSTOCK, TRUNNION HARDWARE AND STOCK SETS:

AKS74W-4SET-N5 complete all-Soviet AKS-74 folding stock stamped receiver laminated wood/metal folder set. This set includes an original old stock Soviet triangular (skeletonized) metal folding buttstock assembly, correct laminated wood pistol grip, and handguards. Folding stock trunnion block, trunnion hardware, receiver mounted forward hook assembly and rivets are all-Russian and also included! The wood finish is original in a traditional medium golden-orange to red iodine color in a very good hand matched shade. Upper handguards are of either the late AKM type or a late AK-74 style (with no cooling slots) and look excellent! Only a few left. $379.95 (+$7.50 shipping) IN STOCK

AKS74-FBS-A2 original mint new Soviet manufactured triangular (skeletonized) metal folding buttstock assembly with Soviet-made and marked trunnion. This buttstock fits AKS-74 and AKS-74U rifles, is in original factory black finish, complete with folding stock trunnion, latch hardware, forward hook latch assembly and the correct rivet set $169.95 (+ $6.85 shipping) IN STOCK

AKS74-FBS original old stock Soviet triangular (skeletonized) metal folding buttstock assembly, fits AKS-74 and AKS-74U rifles, mint new in original factory black finish, no trunnion hardware included $79.95 (+ $6.85 shipping) IN STOCK

AKS74-TRUN-2 original Soviet trunnion assembly fits Soviet triangular (skeletonized) metal folding buttstock assembly, correct for all AKS-74 and AKS-74U rifles. This is a mint new set and all internal latch parts, forward receiver mounted hook assembly, and 4.5mm pivot pin are included This trunnion fits all stamped receivers $119.95 (+ $5.85 shipping) IN STOCK

AKS74-TRUN-R2 original Soviet trunnion assembly for triangular (skeletonized) metal folding buttstock assembly, correct for all AKS-74 and AKS-74U rifles. This is a mint new set and all internal latch parts, forward receiver mounted hook assembly, and 4.5mm pivot pin are included This trunnion fits all stamped receivers. This item number also includes the correct 5-piece rivet set $129.95 (+ $5.85 shipping) IN STOCK

FBS-RS-B rivet set, 5-piece, for rear trunnion on folding stock rifles, Bulgarian manufacture, can be used with either old style AKS-74, AKSU, or new style AK-74M/AK-100 style trunnions, new in phosphate $12.95 (+$7.70 shipping) IN STOCK

FBS-RS-R rivet set, 5-piece, for rear trunnion on folding stock rifles, original Russian manufacture, can be used with either old style AKS-74, AKSU, or new style AK-74M/AK-100 style trunnions, includes correct medium length rivet for rear of optical base plate, rare items, new in phosphate $17.95 (+$7.70 shipping) IN STOCK

FBS-PIN original Soviet manufactured 4.5mm pivot replacement pin for AKS-74 and AKSU folding buttstock, secures stock to rear of rifle, new condition, original and correct phosphated finish $4.95 (+ $4.35 shipping) IN STOCK

Edited by [BS]_MARS

G36-

look at your picture and that thing near the center top, I beleive you'll have to modify that, as well as the thing that looks a little like a hook on top of the spring. The thing on the folding stock near the front that locks with the hinge when the stock is unfolded, (I don't know the proper term in English and I don't think there is such a word for it in Chinese) I beleive also needs to be cut down to fit the box. Finally, the 3 things under the stock need to be installed into the side of your receiver to keep the stock from moving around when it's folded unless you don't mind using the original parts that came with your gun.

I think it's the same as the Guarder kit, and I've been wanting to change the stock on mine out with a non ribbed buttplate one, as only Bulgarian AKS74 have ribbed buttplates besides the AKSU.

MARS- what time period do you want to replicate? Also, how much realism do you want? These parts many are original Russian manufacture and are very expensive. You can get other real steel AK parts for cheaper, but from other countries.

To put the side folder on, you need the parts shown in G36's picture besides handguards and gas tube.

Edited by thegunrunner

In case anyone thinks that this is all too much hassle and wants to install a sidefolder on a Marui:

There's an article on www.komandagroza.com that I wrote (check under Media section). I've dedicated a lot of time to fitting a sidefolder to the AEG AK family.

Edited by PlasticMag

I like the dark wood and i'm not too concerned with it looking uber accurate.

I'm thinking that this:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...&cat=251&page=1

plus this:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...&cat=251&page=1

Would do the trick right?

Do I need anything else? Also, anyone knows a place I can get ak74 grips in a darker wood?

LOL! No I got others on my list - just this was about to become a project, then all of a sudden some nutjob taiwanese company decides to produce one... quite bizzarre really as I didnt think enough people would be interested in it to make it a production piece....