• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if they're tritium, but they do glow in the dark.

+1

East German night sights. Close enough. :P

Make the thing a lot easier to aim, even in daylight, at least around the house.

Woohoo! ^_^

I've ordered just about the same thing (Polish variation), that's why it was easy for me to spot it. Anyway, if they don't need to be "charged up" with a flashlight or a similar light source, then they're tritium sights - they're a little bit radioactive (nothing too dangerous, hopefully) and they go on for years and years.

lol dude:P

Without derailing the thread too much, you'd actually have to take the tritium out of the sights and eat it, or rub it into your bloodstream to have it take any effect. Remember that they don't just stick a blob of tritium onto the sights, it's kept in little glass container.

Edited by Lithium Jack
I sort of picked up on that, I didn't really mean to heat up a "Are my tritium sights going to kill me"

On a similar vein, could you post some pics of the sights themselves? I'm quite interested to see what they look like.

nightsights.jpg

The front one clips onto the front sight assembly and then your slide the actual night sight on over the front post. The rear night sight simply clamps itself to the rear sight.

dsc00288ak3.jpg

just a pic i took without it fully kitted out, to show someone.

its an ak47, and its a picture, it fits in this thread

EDIT: HOLY SHIZA that pic was bigger than i thought!

And any people who think RIS is a disgrace to ak47, why do people get beta spetsnaz's?

Edited by Slash'