• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought id give people a chuckle, or puke, or hey you might even like it.

the reason the stock is folded is cos its broken <_< and i have to tape it in place.

theres even a laser you cant see! :o

tipped your lunch yet?

post-21093-1155150002_thumb.jpg

Edited by Slash'

@Jagdraben: I know that, its broken as in it doesnt click and lock both sides, so i just shut it and taped it,

@DirtySanta: Its a mock scope, a red dot sight, its very easy to see through and is very functional

and as for the bipod, its cheap, chearful and yes nasty a*s. But it helps when im prone, it steadies my aim slightly

akmunfinished.jpg

My AKM. I have decided to stop this project as going any further will not allow me to use my secondary plan, which is to put this stock on a GG RK103. When I started this project, I forgot that the pin (one near the part where the tang goes) in the Romanian stock is higher than the one in the Russian stock. I decided to continue, and cut off the Guarder reinforcement protrusion under the tang. What I didn't know was that part was critical to the stability of the stock, and now my stock can move up and down freely, even with the upper tang and screw secured.

For this gun, now it cannot accept even original Guarder stocks, so I will have to convert it to something else, possibly a German style sidefolder, which I know will work.

Oh cmon, you gotta admit.  It's rough!  :P

Yeah, but once the bipod and torch is off, it can look pretty good. Im getting a reflex sight for the top rail, so itll be better, and i cannae be arsed with a torch.

I wasn't attacking you or anything, I apologize if I was rude. I think if you work out the broken parts and maybe take the bipod off, that gun could look good.

yeah dude i know lol, i was just messing.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/gun...munfinished.jpg

My AKM. I have decided to stop this project as going any further will not allow me to use my secondary plan, which is to put this stock on a GG RK103. When I started this project, I forgot that the pin (one near the part where the tang goes) in the Romanian stock is higher than the one in the Russian stock. I decided to continue, and cut off the Guarder reinforcement protrusion under the tang. What I didn't know was that part was critical to the stability of the stock, and now my stock can move up and down freely, even with the upper tang and screw secured.

For this gun, now it cannot accept even original Guarder stocks, so I will have to convert it to something else, possibly a German style sidefolder, which I know will work.

That is one sweet looking weapon, I love the grain on the woodwork.

cheers......rich

guide on how to port wood plz kthxbai ;)

nice gun btw :D

Dont really have a guide, just took the grips off and guessed where there ports should be. Used a dremel and dremeled about an eigth of an inch down. I just had some pics of the real steel up on my computer screen while I did it. Star with the bottom wood then put all the wood back on and mark the top so they line up fine.

Please forgive my lack of photography skills, and the orange tip. It came out as a franken gun, but I'm pretty happy with it. Its a TM AKS with Cyma body since I wanted a fullstock. I basically just chopped the barrels down and it dropped over 110mm in length,. Very CQB friendly now.

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Edited by EmptyChambers