• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the bullpup but that M70 looks a bit long on the fore-end. Still very nice though.

Actually he's trying to replicate the M76, for which it looks pretty darn decent. Home-made wood looks nice.

Also, nice SVU. What did you use to build it, the cheapo SVD AEG? It looks pretty nice!

( edit again - his project thread is here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=78401 )

Edited by PlasticMag
Actually he's trying to replicate the M76, for which it looks pretty darn decent. Home-made wood looks nice.

Also, nice SVU. What did you use to build it, the cheapo SVD AEG? It looks pretty nice!

( edit again - his project thread is here: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=78401 )

Would I be right in assuming the M76 is the Zastava take on the AK74? I only said M70 due to the milled receiver and the 7.62-39mm ammo magazine.

Edited by Cyber Soldier

Brain isn't on today, I know what the M76 is, I just forgot for that instance. If I recall it fires the old mauser round 7.92-57mm. I was unsure of the cross with the more modern of Russian weapons and old Yugoslav stuff after the split between Belgrade and Moscow in the 50s. I remember the Zastava M80 that fired Nato 5.56-45mm cartridges, an interesting weapon but I was wondering if it was ever put into common use.

Edited by Cyber Soldier

Both my SVU and M76 are made of wood. The synthetic finish on the bullpup is mostly due to drenching in varnish before painting with textured Krylon. At least for me, its an easy alternative to fiberglass and it works well.

I made the kit of the Zastava on an AK being easier to make than gutting out a real one and fitting with AEG parts. So yeah, its a ######, but a pretty one. The foregrips seem longer than normal because its on the receiver of an AK, which is considerably shorter than an M76.

I almost finished my RPK. Made me some serial numbers today with some metal stamps:

1974 KC-1701

1974 --> RPK receiver without a dimple

KC --> first letters of my name, but in cyrillic

1701 --> my birth date ( 17 january )

img0985ix1.jpg

img0986zm1.jpg

And serial number on the back of the topcover, but no picture of that.

All I need now is a Molot stamp :D .

@thegunrunner

Is that a Guarder kit AKS-74 and a VFC AKS-74UN?

If so, how do they differ in external quality?

Correct.

To me, the quality on both are very good. However, I think the VFC is more realistic, and a better value. The gun appears to go together like the real thing. The pin in the front trunnion actually holds the barrel, and the sights are also held on the barrel with pins. On the other hand, the Guarder uses screws; easier to remove, but less realistic. The selector switch positions are also more realistic than the Guarder and can partially field strip.

Also, for $475, you get a complete gun. The Guarder I think I paid around $600 for the kit by itself and then I modified it with real steel wood and gas tube.

Surprisingly, I like the VFC wood, and probably won't replace it with real steel.

FW thanks for reminding me, I need to get some GP midcaps. I wish I didn't buy so many Bulgarian style star magazines, but then it's just another excuse to get a CA SLR.

FW thanks for reminding me, I need to get some GP midcaps. I wish I didn't buy so many Bulgarian style star magazines, but then it's just another excuse to get a CA SLR.

For someone with nice guns such as yourself, It might be worth it to getting some real mags and converting those with G&P or star internals :)