• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my new AK should arrive in a couple days (hopefully by Friday :D ) so I'll post some pics when I get it! It's stock, but hey, it's new to me, and my first AEG, so I'm happy :P

Trust me, stock or not, you'll love it. I was away from my AK47 for about 2 weeks. I began to go a tad crazy, and I ended up wanting to buy an M4A1. I get back to my AK47, hold it, and apologize for ever thinking about replacing it!

:D

Very nice Orb.

I bought my AKM, 2003 kit:- not steel. Then a month later the steel kits are released, i was gutted :(

I LOVE the AKM, and i really wanna get mine up and running again!

Very nice Orb.

I bought my AKM, 2003 kit:- not steel. Then a month later the steel kits are released, i was gutted :(

I LOVE the AKM, and i really wanna get mine up and running again!

I also had the old AKM Kit before! I hated it! The woodstock broke 2 times :(

Here my old AKM!

oRb_s%20AKM%2001.jpg

Best

oRb

I also had the old AKM Kit before! I hated it! The woodstock broke 2 times :(

My stock broke lol, but i fixed it & it seems good now, has held up to quite abit since the fix.

However i truely love it, was my first modded AK... it's just so tastey, ok not as sexy as the steel one, but it's mine! :D

Before I buy the Guarder kit, this is all I have.

akwall.jpg

The G&P kit sucks, poor fitting, and makes me nervous that I'm going to break the wood. The CA metal body is the opposite though, cheap and went on without anything having to be modified.

Edited by thegunrunner

Latest addition to my arsenal got it from the forums and i love it to bits :rolleyes:

the drum mag is converted from a real RPK mag also the stands and muzzle brake are based of real-steal counterparts

next to come is wooden funiture or else spraying the current setup black

ak472rp.jpg

Its got a custom length outer barrel, somewhere between full AK and Beta sized. Fitted with the Carrot IF kit, DTP metal body and a full SystemA FTK. Last chrono was around the 325fps mark. There is also a Systema 6.04mm right barrel to aid with the accuracy.

Photoshopped ? :)

Nope, it's the photo that came from the chap i bought it from.

I'll take some at home and post them up. I couldn't photoshop anything to save my life !

The Pistol grip came with the AK as you see it

Well, after AG05 I realised I needed to repair the wooden lower foregrip, which had been inexplicably chipped on the Friday night of the event. Whilst preparing to do so, I noticed that more of the layer of wood which had already been stripped was starting to splinter away, so I got out the superglue...

And disaster struck. The tube exploded - presumably from the heat of the day - all over the wooden foregrip pieces.

It wasn't pretty, and I knew I couldn't leave it like that. So I sanded down both and restained it...

...With a stain that turned out to not match the original.

On the plus side, Swifty and FW200 pointed out that this now looked more like a fielded RPK - which is what I had always wanted it to look like anyway. So out came the sand paper, and the same happened to the stock. And then the metal components looked too new, so I sanded those too to weather them...

And the result was the following:

DSCF0029.JPG