Back into the airsoft world

urbandork

Ive been away from the airsoft feilds for some time, so im a bit dated as to what will work with my ver. 6 gearbox.

Currently im running metal bushings and a systema high torque gear set with stock motor, stock cylinder/head and piston. I am looking for high speed gears and a piston/head and cylinder which will be up to the challange of a high speed motor and a 10.8v bat.

Im thinking about getting the gaurder high speed motor which is 4000 rpm vs the stock eg1000 motor which is 2800 rpm. However im a bit loss as to which type of cylinder and piston/head i should be looking at. I would also like a piston which already has the teeth/tooth mofied for high speed cycling.

Also whats this helica type gears vs. straight cut. I assume that they are stronger but probably a pain to shim correctly. Is there any reason why i should look into these type of gears when running a high speed set up??

In addition ive also seen some bearing set ups for the spring, so that way it doesnt bind and is able to spin/rotate on its own accord (similar to the set up used on coilover/lowing springs on cars) i would very much like to have this as well if it will help in a high speed/cycling mechbox.

And as noob of a question as this is what gears/bushings/bearings are compatable with the ver. 6 gear box??? ive been told that the ver2 and 3 gears are the same but im not sure... i know that the oval shape bearing/bushing is a ver.6 gearbox thing only.

so to sum it up heres a list of things i have questions about

• item/parts to look at when doing a highspeed ver. 6 set up
  • whats the skinny on helica gears and do i need them in a high speed set up
  • gear/part comparisson between ver. 6 gear boxes and others (sorry for the noob-ness)

Thanks very much in advanced

you're fine with the bushings, a guarder high speed motor is fine, Im using one myself.

stock cylinder head should be fine, as with the piston head. As for the piston, they dont come pre-modified with the teeth removed, you have to do it yourself.

helical gears are for high power setups, not high speed, and yes they are a pain to shim correctly, but you dont need them :)

bearing spring guides are good for high ROF, and dont cost too much.

all v2-v3 gears are compatible with v6 gearboxes, ONLY v6 bushings are compatible, but you already have metal ones so no need to replace them. Dont go bearing bushings with 6mm gearboxes.

Cylinder, same as V2/3 use the right one for the barrel.

Cylinderhead, look for a specific V6 P90/thompson kit.

Piston, same as V2/3. The ANGEL CHOPPYA is pre-modified. One of the most durable pistons I have ever used was the Prometheus EG Hard type, modified for AoE (check sig link, appendix).

Pistonhead, same old V2/3 stuff.

Gears, V2/3. Just use standard cut highspeeds, Guarder or Promy.

Spring, use a Guarder SP100 or SP90.

Spring Guide, use any bearing spring guide, the V6 uses a V2 (I think).

Motor, the EG1000 is a very capable motor, thought the Systemas, Guarders, and G&P are better.

Have fun.

EDIT:

Airnozzle is P90 specific.

Bearing bushings tend to explode, spreading tiny ball bearings through your gearbox before the whole thing seizes and dies. Not good, just avoid them. My P90 runs plain jane Guarder bushings.

list of things im planing on getting... some of the stuff i already have and dont really need but figured it wouldnt hurt to get everything new n e way. I also figured i might as well stay with the same company so that way everything might mesh well together.

Prometheus 6mm Sintered Alloy Axle Hole for Ver. 6 Gearbox

Systema Long Type Turbo Motor

Prometheus Hard Piston for TM AEGs

Prometheus Aero Cylinder Head Ver VI

Prometheus Sealing Nozzle for P90 Series

Prometheus EG Spring Guide Smoother for Ver.6 & Ver.7 Gearbox

Prometheus Stainless Hard Cylinder for Marui AEG ( C )

Prometheus POM Piston Head for TM AEG's

Prometheus Hard Reversal Stop Latch for Ver. 6

Prometheus High Speed Gear Set

You can cut down on price without affecting ROF by doing the following (no compatibility issues):

Stay with original piston (depending on ROF, this will wear out sooner or later, so have a replacement handy), cylinder head, nozzle, cylinder, anti reversal latch and piston head

Element high speed gear set

You can cut down on price further (at slight cost to your ROF) by getting a guarder revolution or G&P m120 high speed motor instead of the systema turbo.

Things you dont need if they are currently working fine in your AEG:

new piston

new piston head

new bushings (you mentioned you had metal bushings already, no need to replace them.)

new cylinder head

new cylinder

anti reversal latch (only need stronger one for higher power spring)

What ROF and spring are you planning on having? If you do get a systema turbo, I dont recommend a 10.8v unless you are VERY good with gearboxes. I get 24rps with an 8.4v 1400mAh with a guarder revolution motor in my ROF setup, probably around 28-30 with the systema turbo, so 10.8v would most likely destroy the piston after a few seconds.

cool ill take ur advice on the 10.8 bat as i already have a 9.6 j type in my p90 and if i went 10.8v id have to custom a bat and rewire an extra cell in the front of the body somewhere near the grip.

as for the other stuff.. i figured since i have the money i might as well just get new internals.. plus this way i have something to tinker with... perhaps ill sleep on it and just stick with the internals i have now and just get the systema turbo motor and that alone should be helpful...

we shall see tmw either way tho .. thank for the help, pm, and good advice...

ps

oh yeah im also thinking of doing a mosfet set up

I would say save the money for if something goes wrong with your current internals, then that way you won't be going above your budget. MOSFET is a good idea, will improve ROF slightly too.

If you do get a turbo, you might need to replace the pinion gear, the stock one is bad quality metal and usually strips quite fast. Also, check this thread: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=140497

If you can afford to replace your Cylinder components, go ahead and do it. The Promy parts will seal better and last longer. Mine stock parts have taken a hell of a beating, and it's about time for me to replace them.

With a Promy piston, Turbo, and HS gears, you should be able to get well over 30rps. I run my G36 on a 12v, and it has been through a over 10k (extreme long bursts) without piston wear, though it did need some adjustment. I blame the 'low' RPS on the crappy CA trigger switch wiring.

DEFINITELY get the enhanced pinion gear, the stock one Systema puts on their motors is complete and utter ######.

So I'm gonna say, go all the way dude! Don't hold back.

well i slept on it and figured i would do some remembering (looking at the boxs the parts had come in) as to what i actually had in my gun and it turns out i have systema metal bushings and a systema anti reversal latch already so these are things im leaving alone.

being to lazy to count the teeth on my current systema gear set im going to try to rummage through my collection of airsoft parts boxs and find out if the current gear set is that of systemas torque up or high speed set... im almost positive its that of the torque up as i was running a rather heavy spring, and if this is so then ill just buy a systema high speed gear set.

Revised list parts list

Systema Flat Gear Set II ( High Speed ) for Gearbox Ver.2/3

Prometheus EG Spring Guide Smoother for Ver.6 & Ver.7 Gearbox

Systema Cylinder Head for Tompson M1A1

1000 Poly Carbonate Piston for Ver. 6

Prometheus Non-Liner Spring MS100

Systema Long Type Turbo Motor

Big-Out Motor Pinion Gear

Prometheus POM Piston Head for TM AEG's

the total cost for this list is 246.40 usd which is like 130 bucks less the the one i had made before.

if it turns out that i do have high speed gears and not the torque up ones (doubt it) ill save another 60 bucks.

woot woot.

thanks guys.. ill update on progress later.

I strongly suggest the Promy gears over the Systema. Promy's manufacturing technique is far superior, and they generally hold up better in extreme applications. Same for the piston. No piston is perfect - you should know how to modify them. But the Promy is still better than Systemas.

I strongly suggest the Promy gears over the Systema. Promy's manufacturing technique is far superior, and they generally hold up better in extreme applications. Same for the piston. No piston is perfect - you should know how to modify them. But the Promy is still better than Systemas.

Did SVX mention that his team is forcing him to use a 9.6v battery because his high ROF G36 isnt as reliable as our bog standard guns? ohhh....... BURN :D

To reiterate what has been said, ditch the Systema Pinion, it is indeed poo, new wiring, either get a MOSFET or replace it with a better one, Extreme-Fire makes a great kit for a nice price (product placement I know :D, what can I say I love my SW-Comps). Prometheus Gears are defiently better made, Systema uses Steelsintering which is supposed to reduce air pockets but in some gearsets it can create massive air bubbles that can cause problems. I have no clue what process Prometheus uses but their gears are definetly of quality. Guarder gears are not half bad but I suggest you keep stock ratio gears if you are going above an m110 simply because it will help the Turbo last a little bit longer as Turbo's have a nasty tendancy to burn out.

Vector knows too much about V6 gearboxes, his P90 was a beast.

Archived