P90 TR

galactica

The P90 does have a standard 14mm -ve thread.

There's 2 possibilities.

Are you screwing the silencer on far enough?

There's a flat on the front of the thread. I'd suggest you remove the clamp ring entirely and screw the silencer on far enough that it gets past the section of thread with a flat cut into it.

Is it a chinese silencer?

Threads on chinese guns tend to be a bit "hit and miss" IMO. I don't think the threads are machine-cut. They're cast. If residue builds up on the mold then it's possible the resulting parts won't be an accurate size.

weirder and weirder. the chinese silencer is a massively sloppy fit on the P90, suggesting silencer is too big. However, TM silencer from P90 is too small to fit JG G36 thread which madbull noveske flash hider fits perfectly. Can't try the Noveske easily on P90 due to over-length barrel. *confusion reigns*

The suppressor from my P90 fits the threads on: TM P90(well duh...), TM G36C, JG AK spetz, cmya028, ICS M4, dboys M4, and even the A&K M249, although the bushing on the barrel gets in the way, the flash hiders/ muzzle breaks from all those guns fit the P90.

Can't try the Noveske easily on P90 due to over-length barrel.

Uh you can take the barrel out of the P90 as easy as changing a mag. You dont need the barrel in to check the threads, so pop off your receiver with the button in the mag well, push the hop forward, twist it 90 degrees and pull back.

Well after some more investigation, it seems that my p90's thread is significantly worn at the front part of the thread, making it loose for 3/4 of it's length, but threading the nut & suppressor all back to the very rear of the thread and it's bitten correctly. As for the silencer, i'd say it's had a hard life...it will go on my TM G36's barrel thread, but not my TM MP5k's...so the answer is, all components involved are a bit "tired". Thanks for the help, guys.

no, you are ridiculous, stop following me around the forums... anyone would think you were besotted...

My old TR surprised a few guys with vsr's at GZ06 so the claim is not that wild Joe. It's very possible her's shoots that well.

I remember having one guy with a boltaction call out in shock asking what gun I was carrying due to the range + ROF

no, you are ridiculous, stop following me around the forums... anyone would think you were besotted...

following you around the forums? besotted?

yes pozzie, that must be it.

in my opinion and many others, a stock vsr (tuned) will outrange a stock p90 (tuned.

off topic sorry

edit : i suppose i was trolling

Parsley, a stock VSR10 fires between 240 and 260 fps depending on model, age and above all luck. a stock P90 can be anything from 260 to nearly 300, now if you're going to suggest the hop unit on the VSR is so much better than the on on the p90 that it would take a 240 fps bb further than the p90 can send a 300 fps bb when they're both tuned properly then, frankly you are wrong, no matter how Miss Granger feels.

I can't say I agree either way, having owned both (stock) and seen both out-range each other on different occasions.

However thats not the point, this is OFF-TOPIC. Sort it out in your own time.

ON TOPIC however, my TM P90 silencer did have some troubles fitting onto a -14mm thread built for an M92f, I'll look up what the manufacturer of the thread was, but this was even before the days of ACM, so I'm also more tempted to agree that there 'might' be something strange about the P90 silencer.

I also found with my Sl9 outer barrel that it will thread onto it, but not fully onto the g36 thread, which seems strange as the outer barrel threads on fine. :huh:

And I also find that the Guarder Delta Force silencers fit quite loosely onto the P90 itself unless you use the nut to tighten them.

The Guarder MP5J silencer fits nice and snug however,

And the G&G SS-80 silencer fits fine and dandy (which is good, 'cause it looks ace)

So tbh that probably hasn't solved anything. Mixed Bag I guess :P I would suggest using the Nut if its loose or double and triple checking that your putting it on straight if its too tight.

My 1p

Wings :detective2:

hmm, varies a bit.

vsr

Power is standard at 285fps

Fires at 300-310 fps

chron'd at a very consistent 276 fps.

i always beleived both to be at around 280.

anyway,

the thread on the supressor you are trying may be too shallow, my KA one didnt fit but my mates laylax one did

Ok I've been doing a little bit of research into this now, the P90 problem being solved earlier, I still wanted to check up on the Guarder 'Delta Force' silencer. So a little Off Topic, but it kind of does relate.

The Guarder 'Delta Force' silencer, I can say right now, fits loosely on P90 and G36 threads (loose up to the point of complete tightening that is, drastic wobble and in some cases can be taken clean off without much twisting) Same happened with the extra thread on my SL9 and the threaded barrel attachment (I forget the manufacturer) for my Famas.

However it does seem to fit very snuggly on the G&G M9 threaded barrel (the one I was talking about earlier) and on my new Shooters Design Hi-Capa/M1911 threaded barrels.

However the P90 silencer, while it fits on all AEG's fine (it seems), had trouble fitting on the M9 threaded barrel and on a Para Ordance P14.45 threaded barrel. It generally wouldn't screw on all the way up the thread. I would be willing to bet that if the threads where correct it would also have trouble screwing onto the Shooters Design ones (but it can't anyway 'cause ones + and the other -)

I'm also quite willing to bet (And I can hopefully check this weekend) that the 'Delta Force' Silencer will screw fine onto the P14.45 Barrel (Although as that was a custom made thread, who knows really)

Oh I also found out the same deal with the P90 Flash Hider on the pistol threads, though the affect was not as much.

I'm also sure I've read somewhere that the Guarder 'Delta Force' silencer was designed for use on pistols, which would make sense with the threads, but this is just a rumor as I can't actually find the quote.

Either way, the 'Delta Force' one is fine if its tightened up all the way as the outer barrel restricts its movement, I was just curious about the differences.

Anyway, thats my findings from first hand experience. Although I have no Idea why your P90 silencer wouldn't fit your MP5k. I've got a friend buying a threaded barrel for his 'k', so I hope to conduct some further investigation when it happens.

You can wake up now if you switched off a while ago :P Summary is the Pistol threads I've tried seem slightly bigger, especially when using a P90 silencer (which I imagine, as the parts where made by TM) probably have a high tolerance to its matching thread (the P90)

Wings :detective2:

EDIT: Included a summary and the Flash-hider bit

Archived