What to buy? Too many clones ^_^

Mr.Hyde

Hey guys,

Well I have too much money and no back up AEG. No main AEG either for that matter, been using my TM DE as a main for about 3 months now. I am getting a really nice used ICS MP5 SD in a few weeks though.

So, I would like a loaner or another AEG to use when I get tired of the MP5.

I held a broken CA AUG last week, and I really loved the feel of it. I also held a CA AK74M and AK74U. They all felt really nice and I couldnt choose one over the other in terms of feel.

Which one is the better gun internal, and which could I expect to last the longest without breaking. I have had too many AEGs break on me thus far, so I want a few good AEGs to last me. Then I can get more GBBs ^_^ (chrome P226 FTW!).

I already had a JG G36C and hated feel of it. It was so bad that I couldnt play without thinking about it lol. Any other really good clones?

With a new battery, the Galaxy MP5K makes an excellent secondary. I'd recommend the Marui over it, but for the price, it is hard to argue against the Galaxy.

It is exceptionally small, and the magazines are quite compact, unlike the AK and AUG types. It is significantly cheaper than the JG clones, $65-70 shipped from certian U.S. wholesalers (I'm not quite sure how the import tariffs would affect the price for U.K buyers).

Its silly how people shout out random AEG names without giving any further information about them, it gets rather confusing and not helping anyone!

If you`ve held an AUG in your hands and feel comfortable with it, then get it. Its a good airsoft gun with a long inner barrel and has the durable V3 box (as MP5K and AK too). The magazines are externally around the same size as STANAG magazines, but they carry around 10 more rounds. This means you`ll be able to find a suitable vest for the magazines easily. As for external customization, you able to change the receiver for a railed one or one with a solid scope. Also you can change the outer barrel which means you can get it suitable for CQB skirmishing, this means though you have to change the cylinder to match with the shorter inner barrel. All in all people seem to be abit afraid of the futuristic bullpup design and cry about the magazine change, but its easy to practise the mag change to be precise and fast.

Here`s a couple of pictures of my AUG with normal and short outer barrel, enjoy.

http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=niinisalo329gg2.jpg

http://img267.imageshack.us/my.php?image=augcqbvv0.jpg

Mp5 mag capacity is not the best and unless you have proper pouches they can be a *badgeress* to carry,

Stanag mags are easy to hold and have good capacity as the the AUG mags

i hear the AUG has brilliant range and accuracy

mp5 is compact and a familiar system

I love bullpups myself. I will most likely just buy the metal AK 74 and AUG ^_^.

Carrying mags isnt really an issue for me. I do not use a vest, as my tac shirt has more than enough pouches, plus it's much lighter and breaths.

I could carry about 3 AK mags on each side of the BDU. lol

Galaxy is Jing Gong rebranded and i will receive my MP5k-PDW tomorrow, i have heard nothing bad about them,

Blasphemy!

eveyone knows if you want a clone mp5 or mp7 you go Galaxy, I suppose you're the kind of person who think WELL are top notch for AEG's

and so what if it's got a low mag capacity, it comes with two mags, and who is poor enough to not even be able to afford a galaxy mp5 with extra mags?

ok sorry i was misinformed i thought Galaxy was a rebranded Jing Gong,

eveyone knows if you want a clone mp5 or mp7 you go Galaxy, I suppose you're the kind of person who think WELL are top notch for AEG's

MP5 , thats tricky to say, i would say the Jing Gong Mp5 products are pretty good for the price.

Mp5 Mags, you complete tit, have low capacity compared to stanag and aug mags, which is what i said. i have no problem with the low capacity, i use mid caps anyway.

Oh yes and Well are the best ever i sold my PTW for one.

and who is poor enough to not even be able to afford a galaxy mp5 with extra mags?

i can afford extra mags, but many people i would think cant.

I own a Galaxy MP5k and find it very good only skirmished it twice but it is very solid and version 3 gearbox with version 2 style motor connection unfortunately (find it hard to see why they still make version 2 that way, most annoying).

I have a friend who has owned and skirmished a TM AUG for three and a half years it is rock sold has brilliant range is usable for CQB ,has very good V3 gearbox and reasonable size mags.

Only persistent problems being loosing little bits of furniture from it, also needs a mod to fit a large batteries .

If the JG one is anything like this then it would be amazing go for it .

I also own a CYMA M14 and have skirmished it around 8-9 times and find it hard to use any other gun now (despite having lots of TM etc to choose from) it has the best range of any AEG but all the wiring from the motor to the battery is ###### and has had to be taped up and the fuse removed as well as the connector needs changing to take normal large battery's.

It is full TM clone unlike other make M14's so not to hard to get bits.

Personally I hate version 2 gearboxes but at your stage you probably will not be messing around inside gearboxes.

Archived