New M11 kit?

Twitch

Just added the news to the front page for you matey. I recognise the model myself.. but I can't for the life of my remember the name of it at the moment. My brain will be back online in about 7 hours, might remember it then.

.. and on the third stroke, Arnie will pass out on his sofa, as it's 6:30am. ;)

...and as far as I can tell, Echigoya have come up with some Marui Hicap (everywhere seems a bit nuts over these at the minute) variants, a 3.9inch Concealed Carry, and a 5.1inch with a 'metal coat'. If I ever manage to hunt down my nearest Echigoya I might be able to see what its all about, as my kanji knowledge isn't yet up to a full translation.

post-307-1096700752_thumb.jpg

..and not ones to be cought out of the hicap action, here's First's 'CRGE Eater' for JPY17,800 which seems quite reasonable to me. Maybe they meant for something like 'Ogre Eater'... as I have a vague collection of them using that name in years gone by, and it makes at least partial engrish sense.

post-307-1096701857_thumb.jpg

...Laylax have got some new bits either out, or coming out, to funk up a Hicap into a 5.1inch 'Strike Custom' with a railed meat-tenderiser front end. A bit too pricy for me, but I'm sure they'll float someone's boat:

post-307-1096703440_thumb.jpg

..and finally for now, Carom Shot have, among other things, a blue slide Hicap for JPY 38, 850:

post-307-1096704096_thumb.jpg

Antagon: As I mentioned I'm a bit out of the loop on quite a few bits and pieces ;) and give my regards to Makkoo on his very 'unique' accessory :P

They're all from the new copy of Arms magazine, which I picked up this morning in Tenjin. There was also the new copy of 'Gun' on the shelves, but I haven't had a browse yet so I couldn't say if there's anything of interest in that issue. I gather Arms' theme this month is the Imperial Japanese Army, and they have a nice little review of what I think is a KTW replica of their main service rifle, as well as the Marushin Nambu, the Marui springer, a CAW shell-ejector submachine gun, and what I gather is a Tanaka shell ejector or model gun smg. It goes without saying there's also the usual semi-smut Japanese-glamour-model-cavorting-with-guns section as well as some re-enactment type impressions. Apart from that, there's a whole bunch more content... a P90 diy silencing project and an overview of Walther to name a couple of articles.

To be honest I was a bit wary of parting with 900 yen, but Arms is well worth it in my book.

....another (daft) Armalite stock:

post-307-1096700140_thumb.jpg

:blink:

Mate, what you think it's "daft armalite stock" is pretty much the best stock you can get!!! The stock was specifically designed for CQB/CQC situations. I had the oportunity to use one on real steel and on my AEG and I can tell you there is no other stock as good as this one, by far the more comfortable. The lower surface gives you extra area of contact making the gun more stable, and consistent while shooting, it also let's you get the gun in a ready position, with the sights and barrel close to the line of sight, this results in increased comfort, speed, and accuracy in any shooting position. But anyway don't take my word for granted but the SF that are using it in Iraq and Afghanistan. ***Check out the pics*** ;)

The only thing that it's upseting me right now is the price!!! :angry2: they are selling the stock for almost $170... I sold mine for $120 shipping included!!! ######!!! :(

post-29-1096705829_thumb.jpgpost-29-1096706564_thumb.jpgpost-29-1096706694_thumb.jpg

post-29-1096706774_thumb.jpgpost-29-1096707809_thumb.jpgpost-29-1096707897_thumb.jpgpost-29-1096708187_thumb.jpg

No offence intended mate ;) Everyone's tastes differ, and truth be told I'm a bit of a straight down the line normal kind of chap, and that stock's a bit too esoteric to be my cup of tea.

:)

Don't worry mate... (To be honest the first time I saw the stock I thought it was really ugly!!!) I was just trying to make a point about the stock being extremely useful (regardless the shape)... ;) I know it's not good looking... but people use to say the same about Crane stocks, and after a while when people realize that the Seals were using them, then everybody wants one....!!! the stock by itself looks ugly... but hey, put the stock on a Colt M4A1, drop a Trijicon TA01NSN, an AN/PEQ-2 laser illuminator, a Surefire M-900 millennium system give this gun to your favorite SF Soldier and finally show this guy and his gun on the next Hollywood blockbuster and all of the sudden you have a really "nice" looking stock!!!...

Archived