Celcius PTW

raito

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I caught that, took a look and it's really interesting....

I was wondering if there was any retailers offering it up or if it was going to be at the manufacturers website only.

Can't wait to check on of these out....if it's as good, which it is possible....I'll hold off on getting any m-4's till this...

Gotta have one.

wow $600 to resellers thats expensive thats gonna be the same as a systema at the end of it ?

Edit*

oh $600 is rrp not wholesale price

Yeah, it's the RRP, not the wholesale. The wholesale is a bit less, but they're not giving great profit margins to retailers with that RRP :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Officially...not vaporware. I have one in my hands right now. Looks gorgeous, performance is great, internals are solid as all get-out, and it feels and looks great.

CelciusCTW-02.jpg

CelciusCTW-17.jpg

CelciusCTW-36.jpg

CelciusCTW-47.jpg

More updates to follow, with a full review on ASR and video review on YouTube.

For you US players, I have confirmation that Airsplat has placed an order, so you will be able to get yours there.

Very cool. We'll have to see how well they hold up in the long run.

Can't wait for the review! I'd be particularly interested in seeing a comparison of the various components next to those of a Systema.

Too bad about the crazy "dragon" trade-mark. The least they could have done was left the receiver blank.

Very cool. We'll have to see how well they hold up in the long run.

Can't wait for the review! I'd be particularly interested in seeing a comparison of the various components next to those of a Systema.

Too bad about the crazy "dragon" trade-mark. The least they could have done was left the receiver blank.

I dunno, i kinda like the trades. But then seeing as i don't really give a damn about trades as long as they are not ugly i doubt my vote counts.

I'm wanting the parts of this to be compatible with Systema OEM, and hopefully be en par quality wise (not that that would be difficult!) I think the really amusing thing is the fact most of the chaps on Systema User forum nevr thought these were coming out. I can't be bothered going into the psychology behind the release of this, but surely it must have an impact on the systema penis factor? :D

Cylinders are cross compatible with my PTW MAX, ditto magazines. I believe we have a full clone, although Celcius seems to have reengineered a few parts that I thought weren't the best quality on the PTW. As near as I can tell, the CTW is as good or *gasp*, perhaps even slightly better than the PTW. Everything is VERY tightly engineered, and parts quality seems to be great from my initial examination. It's going to get a beating over the next few days, and I'll have some reviews going up, both photo and video.

Cylinders are cross compatible with my PTW MAX, ditto magazines. I believe we have a full clone, although Celcius seems to have reengineered a few parts that I thought weren't the best quality on the PTW. As near as I can tell, the CTW is as good or *gasp*, perhaps even slightly better than the PTW. Everything is VERY tightly engineered, and parts quality seems to be great from my initial examination. It's going to get a beating over the next few days, and I'll have some reviews going up, both photo and video.

:) Looking forward to it..

Ehh, I never really liked their site much. They can mock all they want. Stock 6.01mm tightbore bull barrel and 180 round capacity I think will shut them up. They can brag all they want about how they paid 1500 dollars for something that now is much cheaper. Doesn't make them right.

I also just discovered that the crane stock has foam pads built into the spots where you put your cheek. It's weird--like having a pillow strapped to your gun. I almost fell asleep.

Archived