Celcius PTW

raito

Tackleberry's mod eh? I'll have to look that up.

Some ptw owners have already starting bitching about the celcious version adn its not even tested yet ,systema ptws are so over hyped and over priced that in real terms its almost buying one just to be part of the incrowd

Tis sad but I understand their fustration, especially if they'd been saving up a long time to afford the PTW.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tackleberry's mod eh? I'll have to look that up.

Tis sad but I understand their fustration, especially if they'd been saving up a long time to afford the PTW.

But the majority of them do so with their eyes open. The problems are wide spread and well documented yet people are still buying them, so can you really feel that sorry for them?

I mean that they saved up for so long to get the PTW and now there's the CTW which looks to stand a chance at offering PTW features at a massively reduced price. (Before the PTW fanboys jump on me about how the CTW will fail hard ... just wait and see like the rest of us, Ok? :))

Crimson - Have you got the batteries charged up yet :P I'm interested in how well they've replicated the PTW motor and if the CTW can match the PTW's legendary "trigger pull" snappiness.

Lessee. Yes, the PTW has the inserts. I just didn't think the CTW was going to, and didn't notice it at first. CTW is actually more comfortable than the PTW, maybe because I've sweated all over my PTW. I never reviewed the PTW, and don't really have plans to.

ROF is great, trigger response is actually too fast--when set on semi, it still sometimes fires more than once. That's being addressed. We're talking probably 7-10 shots per quick trigger pull on full auto, and instantaneous response time on both the 330 fps cylinder and the 380 fps cylinder. I'll be getting one of the 550 fps ones when they're out of testing as well.

Confirmed RRP of 600 USD for the gun, and 32.80 USD for the magazines.

They will also be updating the barrel with an improved design (crowned and ported on my recommendation, for better accuracy), and will be updating the hopup as well. I have some suggestions for the new design which will incorporate a similar principle to Shredder's SCS nub--in fact, I plan on putting him in touch with them and having them collaborate.

Aside from the lack of seamlines or casting marks, no. What kind of proof are you looking for? You want to go visit the factory or something?

That hopup mod should work on the CTW as it stands. They're going to redesign the hopup. My thoughts are that simpler is better, but that a good nub would be critical.

right now you are telling us it's CNC'ed Aluminium "and no low grade stuff" WITHOUT any proof for that .. just because there aren't any seamlines makes you think you can tell anything about the quality of the metal which is used? common ..

What kind of proof are you looking for?

> some pictures of the manufacturing process would be nice ..

Can we get some A/B pics and reviews of your PTW and CTW then Crimson? I'm surprised you owned one and never noticed it had inserts in the cheek rest :unsure:

Edit: I'm getting Tackleberry to do the mods on my PTW, the price for all the work isn't that bad at all.

Sigh. I'm not a rep of the company. I'm a reviewer that lives in the US. I don't have pics of the manufacturing process, since I live ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FRICKING WORLD from the factory, which I don't even know where it is. I don't know why you seem to have the mistaken impression that I'm in any way affiliated with the company. I scratch tested the metal to test hardness, strike-tested it to test flex and durability, and if you can't tell from a visual inspection at least something about the manufacturing process, you've got some issues. It's aluminum alloy. Maybe that's not the same thing, but it's still a solid, well constructed receiver.

Yehaw, if you don't trust me, go get one of your own and make up your own mind. I doubt you'll think it's poor quality. If you do, well, I doubt you have a Systema, because it's not any better quality. And in the meantime GROW UP.

Hammerfall--the point was that the inserts were not something I had expected from the CTW, since I hadn't seen those in preliminary pictures. Not that I didn't notice them in the PTW. I'm kinda getting sick of all you know-it-alls giving me ###### when I give you proof that it's not vaporware. Do YOU have one? I thought not. I could care less about whether or not you feel special because you have a "real" Systema. If you're smart, you'll see the value in having cheaper and readily available good quality replacement parts from Celcius. If you're a self-important a-hole, you'll keep trying to pick holes in my story. Are you learning anything or providing anything of value to the community? No. You get some information about a replica that comes out, and you just make fun of the guy providing you with information? Very mature of you all.

Tell me something... How much support have you gotten from Systema? I had a drop-in gearbox die after 5 fricking rounds. Called Systema, emailed them, they never got back to me after months. Ditto when the retailer contacted them. They don't care about the end-user and they certainly don't make the best stuff. Their AEG parts are, while decent, nowhere near being the best, and their pistons strip teeth all the time. The PTW has a better design at least, but I bent the teeth on my piston rail, and cracked the cylinder head, and Systema didn't do anything to help me fix the problem. In contrast, Celcius has been listening to suggestions AND implementing them within months, if not weeks. And, they've turned out a very good product in my opinion.

I'm not affiliated with the company at all. I'm just a private airsofter who writes a lot of reviews. I avoid the Systema forums because they're full of a bunch of self-important smacktards who think they're special because they bought a 1500 dollar gun, and I get sick of their bs. If you're one of those people, you can shut up until you have seen one of these yourself and make up your own mind. I'm giving everyone my impression. I just want to have a decent gun with decent support. Systema never took care of me. Celcius has given me a nice replica that has high quality parts which I can use in my PTW.

I have an old model PTW, had it for ages, it broke a few times, and I had to spend a ton of money fixing it. It mostly gathers dust these days. It is also no longer stock. I see no reason to waste time reviewing a gun that's 1500 dollars. Everyone already knows about the PTW. It's been around for years. If you have a fat pocketbook, you can buy one. Stop asking. I have enough reviews on my plate to complete without wasting my time to attempt to satisfy some internet people who only want proof that I have a PTW. The PTW isn't what's being reviewed here. I do NOT cater to the whims of keyboard heroes. Those of you who know me already know that I don't make things up. Those of you that don't, well, you aren't going to be satisfied regardless, so I don't care about you. I provide information, if you don't like it, wait a few months and find someone else.

Frankly, I think it's great to have a company that actually cares about its consumers. Systema can go screw a big one for all I care, since they haven't done ###### for me when I needed them to support me in fixing their shoddy products. Worst end-user support of any company I have ever seen.

Those of you who have CONSTRUCTIVE questions and want to know more about the CTW, ask away. If you want to be a doubter, be my guest. You and I both know that you don't actually have any legitimate interest in the product, and that just makes you another keyboard hero PITA who I don't care about. If you're smart enough to see the value in having something like this, fine by me.

Oh, and in case you didn't get it the first time, I AM NOT A REP OF CELCIUS TECHNOLOGY. Nor, for those of you people at AO and other places, who think I am just touting this because I paid for it--I didn't. It was a review sample that was generously given to me by the company. So grow up.

I think we appreciate your point of view Crimson, and i for one appreciate the time you put into the reviews. I was genuinely just wanting an A/B if it was possible, that was all :) As for the cheek rest thing, you made it seem like you didn't know your PTW had them! :D I honestly WANT the CTW to be as good as you say, it makes my life and others a whole lot better, what is not to be happy about it would seem.

What model is your PTW, you say an older one but just how old are we talking? If you're using it as a benchmark for the CTW then it might be rather inaccurate no?

hey Crimson, i think would be awesome if you could do like this review, actually, is the model PTW same on both? Systema and PTW? i read the thread but not sure, if they are same, you could do Celcius PTW VS System PTW like they did on Cyma AKS-74U VS DBoys AKS-74U i though that was awesome way to review, it could tell us all the good points of each rifle (im sure each of them have their own good points that other model no have) and bad points (aswell surely both of them have some bad points that the other dont have) like this review would shut everyone up who might be doubting anything :) i would love to see one of those!

Thanks for the preview video's TCF. Looks very promising.

Is the wiring loom inside the Celcius like the Systema? As in, does it have the coiled wiring, like old telephone cords? Or is it standard wiring? The included lipo looks like it could fit into the Buffer tube, which would be a +1 for me ;)

Have you got any more information/findings in regards to the hiccups in Semi?

Would also be interested to see its compatibility with aftermarket front ends when you eventually get the Delta Ring off.

Thanks again for the video's and information.

Good questions. Thanks for being constructive.

Is the wiring loom inside the Celcius like the Systema? As in, does it have the coiled wiring, like old telephone cords? Or is it standard wiring? The included lipo looks like it could fit into the Buffer tube, which would be a +1 for me ;)

Wiring loom:

CelciusCTW-01_01.jpg

Lipo battery installation:

CelciusCTW-02_01.jpg

I had some issues fitting it into the buffer tube along with the wiring, but it can be done. Battery is not included with the standard package to the best of my knowledge.

Have you got any information/findings in regards to the hiccups in Semi?

Yep. It was because they had paid too much attention to the ROF, and so it was actually cycling faster than the chip could tell it to shut off. They're reprogramming it and the production model will have this problem resolved.

With regards to the Systema and why my reviews do not talk about other guns--first, stop asking. I have a specific style of reviewing which entails me reviewing the gun in question. Not everyone knows about the gun, and some people, especially newer players, need the information I provide. If you want more detailed information, ask more detailed questions, or wait for the review on ASR. Second, I own a revision one PTW. I have no idea what Systema has changed, perhaps because they haven't returned any of my hundreds of emails or calls asking for some support for the times I broke mine. So, I could compare side-by-side to a modified, upgraded, and painted gen. 1 PTW, which wouldn't satisfy anyone anyways, or I could stick to what I always do, which is talk about the gun that I'm reviewing and discuss its strong points and weak points. I will be discussing the changes that Celcius has made to improve the PTW design, but that's about all that I consider relevant.

Look, they share the same design. I could waste my time explaining that over and over again, or I could point out the relevant differences. First, CTW has a better inner barrel--6.01mm ported and crowned bull barrel. Second, PTW is 900 USD more expensive. However, PTW has burst-chips on some of their models. CTW does not, nor do they have plans to release burst-fire models. CTW piston is claimed to be stronger than the PTW piston. I haven't confirmed this personally yet. Another thing that PTW has that CTW does not is realistic rate of fire. CTW aims more for fast ROF, while PTW shoots about like an M16 or M4 actually would.

I think I prefer the receiver on the CTW to the receiver on the PTW--PTW uses aluminum die-cast, while CTW is an aluminum alloy that just feels a bit sturdier, and is a harder metal--evidenced by the scratch test. They both use fiber reinforced polymer for the plastic parts. The PTW and CTW both use zinc alloy for their rear sight base and sight. PTW uses aluminum die-cast for the handle itself. CTW uses steel. That's another clear winner in the CTW's category. Both use steel for the outer barrels. The only real thing that PTW clearly does better than CTW is the burst chip. The motor is also fine on the CTW, while it's a hunk of junk on the PTW. Part of that is because they were going for more realistic ROF, but many people, myself included, end up having to replace the motor. I can't really say whether CTW motor is going to last a long time yet, but performance with it is already better than my PTW ever got, and other people have also reported motor issues.

Incidentally, the charging handle is aluminum, which feels a little light, but it does fit my WE M4 also, which makes me happy :)

The magazine follower issue is also being addressed, as is the hopup design.

I cannot speak to the quality of the charger yet, as I have not gotten the charger in yet.

Thanks for the pictures and new information.

So, seeing as they do have the coiled wiring loom, it would probably be more advisable to use a Lipo pack with the 3 separate cells instead of all cells wrapped together?

Do you think replacing the Large Tamiya connector with a Deans would help?

Would you say the weight of the CTW is the same as its real equivalent?

Good to hear the magazine follower issue is being addressed.

Thanks again

Rewiring to Deans is always nice, but I rarely do it just because I review so many guns that it's more profitable for me to just use Tamiya. The included battery has been great so far, and I would recommend it.

Oh, and if you don't want to modify the gun, you'll definitely want a crane stock battery.

Weight is 3.48kg, compare to a loaded M4A1 at around 3.1kg. So, it's a little bit heavier than the real equivalent, but not by much, and the actual M4A1 would probably weigh about the same with a crane stock instead of an LE stock.

Hammerfall, lemme know if you need more answers about the differences between PTW and CTW.

Oh, one more thing. The cylinders are all the same color--the 350 and the 380 both are silver colored. The 350 did have "350" written on it in grease pen, but I really prefer the color-coded cylinders that PTW uses. I'll have to see if they can do something about that.

Crimsonfalcon07...

Thank you for the reviews, photos, and videos...

I was wondering if you knew anything about what dealers in the US are going to carry the CTW?

I noticed that you are in Co... Im just next door in Ut... If a shop there in Co gets the CTW... Id be willing to take a road trip to get one, then maybe kick it out into the hills out side of town and shoot each other?

Keep the shiny side up!

that was me .. and i did not get what i wished for.

Everyone was blah blah blah about this awesome high quality CNC receiver .. so i wanted some proof that it realy is a high quality receiver, milled from one solid block of aluminium (like Prime or PGC). Now i just get a fancy video showing some machinery, that's it.

Archived