Celcius PTW

raito

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So its pretty obvious they are maching a lot, if not all of the parts, the question still remains that yehaw asked and are they machined from billet aluminium or just cast and machine finished as so often is the case?

Looking at the buffer tube that was been turned i somehow suspect they probably are cast and machine finished, although i could be very wrong.

There really isnt anything inherently bad about a cast part guys. Its really the quality of the alloy used. People have a general bad taste in the airsoft industry when we hear "cast" because we jump to the assumption that it must be made of some mystery metal. That may not be the case.

Its true that die casting has the highest possibility of introducing air trapped into the metal (which can be reduced) but if you really see the amount and types of products still cast this way youll realize that casting isnt the weak link here. Products die cast include pistons, connecting rods, linkages, etc. Again, its the alloys used.

I dont care what method they use to make the parts, all I care about is the quality of the alloy. Die casting or gravity die are superb methods for making mass produced parts especially when combined with CNC finishing processes. And just because its billet doesnt mean its made from a good quality alloy, either.

There really isnt anything inherently bad about a cast part guys. Its really the quality of the alloy used. People have a general bad taste in the airsoft industry when we hear "cast" because we jump to the assumption that it must be made of some mystery metal. That may not be the case.

Its true that die casting has the highest possibility of introducing air trapped into the metal (which can be reduced) but if you really see the amount and types of products still cast this way youll realize that casting isnt the weak link here. Products die cast include pistons, connecting rods, linkages, etc. Again, its the alloys used.

I dont care what method they use to make the parts, all I care about is the quality of the alloy. Die casting or gravity die are superb methods for making mass produced parts especially when combined with CNC finishing processes. And just because its billet doesnt mean its made from a good quality alloy, either.

so why can't anyone tell us which metal they are using?

anyone else is advertising their 7075 aluminium parts or what so ever. If their parts are so high quality, just tell us which alloy they use?

so why can't anyone tell us which metal they are using?

anyone else is advertising their 7075 aluminium parts or what so ever. If their parts are so high quality, just tell us which alloy they use?

Likely because nobody has direct contact with whoever was in charge of spec'ing what material to use. Im curious myself. Its amazing to me that manufacturers use such crappy alloys consistently. It would almost be hard for Celcius NOT to choose something, anything, superior to what most companies are using.

Very good points, although i think that knowing what material is used and what process is used is an important factor in deciding how well priced a gun is, it also helps for people who might want upgrades. What would the point be in buying a new receiver machined from a billet of aluminium if the original is infact machined from billet, which if it was you could have it sand blasted and re-anodized to how you wanted it for much less than buying a new one.

Yeah, I was a little put off by the chrono too. I've found that with those portable chrono's, they're very sensitive to being misalignned. I don't know why, I would imagine that it would work 100% too.

Well if a chrono is used when it is tilted the distance the bb has to travel between the 2 sets of sensors is increased very slightly, therefore making the results inaccurate, or so goes my theory.

Can't see why your all so worried about the type of alloy used. Like it really makes much of a difference in preformace terms, which is all that really matters. (well for people that play Airsoft)

I am also interested in the quaility of the internal parts, and the preformace of the system employed. I feel that too many people have much to high an acceptance of clone airsoft guns not working correctly.

If you relate this to any other product, for example a £100 clone AEG not working is ''acceptable'' not how about a £100 moblie phone not working or a £100 watch?

Now lets look at this Celcius, coming in at app £400 - £450, that is a lot of money for most things, if this has a few problems celcius will be thinking that we will accept it!!, (well it was a clone so I was expecting a few problems to fix)

Image you buy a £450 Tv which does not work 100%, you know for a fact, you would want a new one or a full refund!

I think the point I am trying to make is that any item, that any one buys, should do the job it was designed to do and I for one will be very disappointed if the Celcius has a number of Issues, which for any item at this price.. should work 100%

The point was that Celcius was saying their receiver is better than the Systema original cast receiver. So if there was some proof of it being CNC´d from block of aluminium (or some other process superioir to Systema) then their claims would be correct.

As a Systema owner im really looking forward to this release as it would predictably mean cheaper spare parts for PTW users.

The point was that Celcius was saying their receiver is better than the Systema original cast receiver. So if there was some proof of it being CNC´d from block of aluminium (or some other process superioir to Systema) then their claims would be correct.

As a Systema owner im really looking forward to this release as it would predictably mean cheaper spare parts for PTW users.

Oh thank god someone finally gets it. That was the major draw for me as well.

The receiver is die cast like the Systema receiver, but CNC finished, unlike the Systema receiver. No idea what the alloy is, but it's tougher than the Systema receiver based on the scratch test.

As for problems, I believe I reported all the problems in this thread and also to Celcius, and all of the "major" ones have been addressed already (magazine follower comes out), while the other ones will be updated on the next run (chip getting reprogrammed so the ROF doesn't overwhelm the cutoff and cause burst fire on semi, and hopup is being redesigned).

Performance is smooth, internal parts are made out of tool-grade steel. The magazine not fitting into the magazine well without depressing the catch was because a little pin was sticking out an extra mm, so I pressed it in and it works fine now.

FPS has been consistent for me on both the 350 and the 380 fps cylinder. The 350 shoots a bit low at 342-345 fps, averaging 344, and the 380 has been consistently right on at about 380.

All this sounds really awesome Crimson, i know that i'm tempted to buy one.

You got any more issues to report? Obvoiusly not since you haven't said anything, hehe.

The big issue now is the motor(with it being reliable or not), but time will tell...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived