Looking for a really nice AK

Mr.Hyde

Hmm..............VFC does sound interesting.

Again, I already said no Dboy/clones, not buying those. I have had 4 guns break on me in quick succession and dont want to make it 5.

So I am really down to VFC and Real Sword, right now I am kinda leaning toward the Real Sword because it's said to use real gun parts. Plus the bayonet and video on redwolf look REALLY cool.

What are the down sides of the real sword?

Also what are the down sides of the VFC?

Could I really go wrong either way? From the sound of it they are both very good guns. The finish looks better on the RS to me, the VFC is has a really shiny black finish on the 74U.

the RS doesnt use real parts, it uses some parts that are made in the same way and it will take real receiver covers (something no other will). the bolt on the RS is very disapointing, much like the TM.

the glossy finish on the VFC is also present on the real deal BTW. and the VFC's bolt is nicer on their full length AKs as it has full bolt draw.

its personal preferance TBH, they're both great guns, it all boils down to what you prefer. personally, i'd take a VFC AK74 or AKS74 over a RS T-56, but thats just my opinion. you should go far wrong with either.

Anyone handled the VFC AIMS yet?

Edit: Nvm, wow I'm dumb. Found the like 5 page thread on the AIMS, looks like I'll be aquiring one if the SCAR sells tomorrow. Oh it's your SCAR btw Magz, performed like a champ one of the most accurate CQC guns I've ever seen, just not really my style. I'm an AK Fan boy for life :)

I totally agree with Magsz on the AK choice.

But also you could try a less expensive brand (rather than VFC) but still made with high quality parts.

G&G my friend.

There RK47 (AK47) is so realistic its questionable if placed side by side with an AK if you could tell the difference. The G&G's realisticly field strip. Meaning you can break down the RK47 just as you would a real steel AK47. Real AK parts can be used except for on the handle grip, some sanding and modding may be needed to fit around the motor.

The field stripping includes a mock design of a full length charging handle and gas piston head. When you rack the RK's charging handle it pulls back to fullness and slams with judgement. Like Magsz I too rack my charging handle after every mag. So it will add alot of realism. The flash hider can come off with a simple wrench, some models however may need a blow torch to losen the ornage tipped flash hider the AEG comes with.

The gear box is exceptional. I have owned 4 G&G AEG's 2 of them being V3 gear boxes and let me say the bushings, cylinders and airnozzles have never failed me. I have owned and played with G&G V3's for about 1 year now and still no problems, just a simple exchange of springs when FPS gets low. They are metal cased and painted black so no silver gear boxes here.

The mag well can fit STAR, MAG, G&P, G&G and VFC magazines so you can vary through brands if needed.

The real wood just adds a nice touch too, although not actual AK wood finish it still does the job done.

For only about $360 american dollars you can have the RK47 in your hands. Its well worth every penny and not as pricey as the more better brands of AK makers ie: VFC, INOKATSU, and RS.

SOLID

... yeah, but the wood is unrealistic, it has a sidemount (which werent used on '47s) and the stock tangs snap off leaving you with no stock and a gun that cant use any receivers other than G&G.

VFC and RS also field strip, and its undeniable that magnesium and pot metal used on the G&G just doesnt feel as right as stamped steel.

What he said. Really G&G are pretty bad IMO. I have seen so many break etc.

Besides, why pay the same price for a G&G as a VFC or RS. The other options are a lot better than some G&G piece of "work".

Now if only I could find a retailer with a RS type 56 in stock...............

I love my 2 VFC AKs.

The internals are pretty solid.I upgraded my internals, but the gears are stock and I've been running them for more than 1 year on 450fps.The motor is more like high speed so it was no suitable for so high fps and I changed it for an eg1000.

From my own experience...don't buy ICS and GG ak.I'd go for VFC or RS ;)

Archived