Desert Eagle Laser and nineball tightbore

Mr.Hyde

Hello,

I am interested in mounting a laser to both of my Desert Eagles. I think it would be a lot of fun in woodland and look really cool. The only problem is they seem to cost between $350 and $400 for a real one. Is there a replica worth buying? Or will I be saving for a long time ^_^.

The only thing is I was looking at buying a nineball 6.01 tightbore for both guns. They are more accurate that any AEG (including highly upgraded M14s) I have tested it against, but more power never really hurts for woodland style play. To make it easier:

Sometimes 6.01 barrels have been known to decrease power, would this be the case on a GBB?

If it does increase power, how much would it jump? My Desert Eagle are shooting 350 FPS on a warm day already, anything over 400 FPS is treated as a bolt action sniper weapon, and I cant use a bolt action as I am not 18.

Would range increase? If it does, I wouldnt expect by a lot.

Should I be using .25s instead of .20 with a tightbore? Or would it not make a difference?

Lasers are fantastic at close range, you dont really bother to aim: just blat away and BBs hit!

However $400 (£200 :o) is a bit much, get an airsoft one to put on a rail, it shouldn't go more than (£50) $100 and thats a nice one, i say start with a cheap one just to see if you like lasers, because a lot of people say they are useless.

6.01 tightbores only reduce power if you use medium quality BBs, with that tight a barrel you have to use very good BBs

One thing, Nine Ball does not make 6.01mm tight bores.

Nine Ball/Prometheus tight bores are 6.03mm.

PDI & DB Customs make 6.01mm tight bores.

I had a PDI 6.01mm fit to my old DE and it was shooting very hot. Regularly over 380 fps. On a really warm day I could have seen it breaking 400 (but not all the time). If it is really hot out, just use duster gas. With a 6.01 (and a KM Hi Flow) mine was still shooting mid 320s with 134A.

Hello,

I am interested in mounting a laser to both of my Desert Eagles. I think it would be a lot of fun in woodland and look really cool.

I think you're wrong. If you're outdoors in daylight, you need a VERY powerful laser to make the dot visible at any kind of range. So you end up with something utterly useless and unholsterable (and the Desert Eagle is hard enough to find holsters for as it is). If you DO get a powerful enough laser to be useful, you'll probably find other players at your site object to having their sight damaged bythe laser being accidentalyl (or heaven-forbid, intentionally) shone into their faces.

I wouldn't waste my time, if I were you.

The sites I play at are often deep in the woods. It is still daylight, but not direct sunlight. I would guess a reasonably powerful laser should be fine, unless I am overestimating them.

Holstering the DE is not a problem as I currently do not have an AEG, or any other guns for that matter. They are both my main weapons ^_^.

I coulda sworn I saw a 6.01 tightbore for DEs somewhere, well 6.03 would be fine for me I think. Thanks guys you have been really helpful.

Place a mini dot reflex sight.

It is invisble to other and can be full adjustable.

King arms and Samurai makes it.

KA-REDDOT-KA-SC-11-AG.jpg

I think if it directly attach to the grooves in the slide.

Unfortunatly, Desert Eagle have no rails likes it...

zmd-desert-eagle.jpg

a laser would be far less useful than a reflex sight. for practicality i'd get a small reflex sight, like that one.

you could even try to mount it glock style in place of the rear sight with a bit of modding.

by using a reflex sight you'll always have the dot in your sight and will still be able to aim with both eyes open without having to concentrate on the target itself to see if the dot is on them, with an RDS you just put dot over target, *BLAM*, "hit" :)

Archived