Spend, baby, spend!

HaVoC

I'm ashamed. I set out to buy a holster and belt to hang it from. I ended up with...

HSGI Belt Suspenders

SOE Rigger's Belt

HSGI Drop Holster w/ Flap

TT Small Modular Leg Panel

BHI STRIKE Hydration System Carrier

TAG Dump Pouch

UnderArmor T-Shirt

2 Large MALICE Clips

'Toy Soldier' Replica SAPI Plates

I'm now £90 over-budget (assuming my shipping and customs duty calculations are roughly correct), money I really don't have. Eek!

There's no real point to this thread, but...damn...post about your excessive spending on gear if you want. I'm just utterly ashamed of myself...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in December I bought two FAMAS and two MP5Ks from Hobby Asia, I really have no idea why I just had the money in my PayPal account and felt the need to shift it.

Since then I've learned to research and take time to think about things before I buy them on a whim.

Recently I've wanted a CA33 and then raped into a counter-sniper system (managed to swap one of the FAMAS for a G-Spec to tide me over for now).

A SOCOM, I saw Tears of the Sun and I just wanted one. I have no use for it, I already carry three pistols as it is and it wouldn't fit into my loadout at all.

A 1911 managed to sort out a swap on ASCUK but the pistol never turned up and the FAMAS I sent was returned to sender so I bought a Wilson.

I know there are more kit and weapon related impulse buys coming up.... I just don't know how to stop it.

A week ago I went to A2 in Cannock, intending to look at and try out some pistols and AEGs to get an idea what to buy next.

I also wanted to buy some BBs and possibly (but not definitely) a gun bag to replace my case.

In the end I bought:

KWA GLOCK 18C - £70

Spare Mag for the above. - £20

2x 3,000 .20g BBs - £10

Can of Green Gas - £8

Gun Bag - £20

A trip that should have cost £30 ended up costing £130. Damn you brain!

A SOCOM, I saw Tears of the Sun and I just wanted one. I have no use for it, I already carry three pistols as it is and it wouldn't fit into my loadout at all.

That village scene was excellent, made me want one too!

You guys seem to have a lot of money, care to send some my way?

The worst thing is it's a destructive cycle.

Once you have one new thing you require six or seven others to go with it.

I bought the Wilson and the three spare mags I thought I'd need. Low and behold I also needed more mag pouches, and now I'm not happy with the fit of it i my thigh holster so I want a 6004. But do I get a desert one or a black one or both when in fact the holster I have now is fine after I did a little sewing.

I have items of kit I've never worn but bought because I thought I needed them, and then I end up haveing no spare dosh to buy the things I really need. And all this seems to come in phases.

Back when i was a noob to airsoft, i went to wolf to buy a torch foregrip. Aswell as buying the foregrip i also purchased an M16 and extra mag.

Should of cost bout £50, but ended as bout £300.

The worst thing is it's a destructive cycle.

Once you have one new thing you require six or seven others to go with it.

I bought the Wilson and the three spare mags I thought I'd need. Low and behold I also needed more mag pouches, and now I'm not happy with the fit of it i my thigh holster so I want a 6004. But do I get a desert one or a black one or both when in fact the holster I have now is fine after I did a little sewing.

I have items of kit I've never worn but bought because I thought I needed them, and then I end up haveing no spare dosh to buy the things I really need. And all this seems to come in phases.

My god man, just don't buy a modular vest and pouches!

Pouches...pouches...browsing around for pouches you don't need. "Oh, I need one of these...and one of those...and one of these...and...". You don't need it. Only you do...

I hate modular vests ;)

My god man, just don't buy a modular vest and pouches!

Pouches...pouches...browsing around for pouches you don't need. "Oh, I need one of these...and one of those...and one of these...and...". You don't need it. Only you do...

I hate modular vests ;)

Afetr you first put a piccy of your TT up I had my heart set on getting one. I went to the OpTactical site and my head just exploded. My order came to about $600 (before shipping and customs). Fortunatly my GF managed to stop me.... But she's asleep now :lol:

I have the fear I would buy the pouches and then need to buy something to put in 'em...

*whispers* buy the pouches, you know you need them, do it */whisper* I'm gonn have a massive problem this christmas. I'll have about $400 to spend, but can't get another long gun. I think I'm gonna go all out on gear!

Then why did you buy one? xRAZERx, send some gear my way! :P I will probably end up with a BHI mod vest, even though I'll have no way to store P90 magazines in it!

I bought them because I saw them and thought I needed them or I saw someone on here with one and thought it looked cool.

Then it gets here and I don't like it :lol:

Well when you get the vest, just buy a new AEG to go with it.

*stands up, my name is xRAZERx and I am addicted to spending*

I might not be able to get another AEG, but maybe that MP5K project.

*stands up* My name is Crandall13, and I'm a Geardo on a budget! Too bad I can't wear a Flight suit, Modular gear, and drop leg pouches, and a MICH helmet to scholl. Im wouldn't have to buy regular clothes anymore *Dreams*

*stands up*

"My name is HaVoC and I'm addicted to TEH GEAR!!!"

--------------------------------

No offense meant to anyone here, but I keep hearing "I'm a geardo on a budget!" from people who are buying mid-level replica stuff to get a rough 'special forces look'. To be honest, it's not geardoism at all.

To be a 'geardo', you have to be addicted to buying REAL STEEL gear to get a SPOT ON impression (or impressions... ;)) of some sort.

To be frank, most of the people who consider themselves 'geardos' most likely aren't really.

I don't mean to sound elitist, but it's like people who shoot cans in their garden saying that they're 'amateur Practical Pistol shooters' or something...

Nowt excessive, but i have minus £35 yet today i still managed to spend another £20 on gear. A rare soviet 1950's Y-harness & belt, that i'll use once.

I've spent £2000+ on airsoft this year (excluding stuff i've sold)... 2K.

That's alot of hard graft, wish i had rich parents :-/

www.onpatrol.co.uk

They've got them in stock, although I'd never have found them if it weren't for Arn's front page! :D

I must say I'm impressed with their service, too. I ordered at 7pm tonight, and got a hand-typed personal email telling me that they'd received my order, they'd send it by next-day delivery, and that it should be with me by Tuesday.

That email arrived at nearly 10pm.

Now that's service! :D

--------------------

EDIT: Beaten! Blast! :angry:

Have a look on the front news page its says they sell them at this place here .....

http://www.onpatrol.co.uk/

Costs £22.50

And that proves my point. I read this and thought "oh that's cheap, best get some of them".

Hell, I don't even know what they are but I know I want some :lol:

EDIT: oh good, I now own a Proud - Lightweight Plate Carrier. Cheap at 75 quid :lol:

Archived