IMI Weapon Thread

Well tell them to stop worrying and buy one (if they can find one) they are great little guns. The only problem with them is that you can't upgrade them for longer range work. Keep it stock, keep it CQB or close woodland and they are fantastic.

True!

I'm a proud and happy owner of one, and all I can say is that it's way cooler and more fun than an MP5, for instance.

First off, the looks. It would be strange if one would to come across another guy with an UZI at the same game! :D

And it performs supperbly for a stock 245FPS gun!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

90% of my worries have been put to rest. This thing is built like a tank externally. Poly feels like its from a Pmag or better!

T-1 might look too high, or funky, but its a great fit. Pops right into place on the gun, and into view when I address a target.

Old style Pmag needs to be pushed a little extra to lock, but MAG mids fit perfectly, with some wobble side to side.

I imagine the new M-mags are a great fit..

Initial Pros:

-Feels great.

-Solid, yet lightweight.

Initial cons:

-There was a loose screw in the battery compartment... wtf?

-Provided midcap DOES NOT LOCK INTO PLACE WTF?

-Dust cover is very wimpy in sliding after releasing the bolt catch. It nearly doesn't go back into place. Im assuming the spring is a simple fix.

-Selector does not "snap" or click into place, but its workable.

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/BigBabyMoses06/Airsoft/ARES%20TAVOR/

I had to use the flash to get decent pictures, and only snapped a few without the flash. Color is not much different.

P1010464.jpg

P1010462.jpg

No flash, 100% cloudy sky.

P1010461.jpg

P1010470.jpg

P1010471.jpg

Selling this for a friend..

P1010448.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm589798400/tt0089348

Nah, I never go akimbo. One handgun is more effective than two. More importantly the feed ramp on one is broken, so i cant use two at the same time.

Anyone have a broken maruzen pistol uzi... :P

I think this will fit, just a shame its out of stock.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=GD-PT-MU03&search=category&rs=Guarder%20Parts%20for%20Pistol&catid=62&cat=84

It looks similar, but unfortunatly thats not the part i need. I need the feeding ramp, not the nozzle/cylinder. The feed ramp is the breach part, just behind the hop that guides the BBs as they come out of the magazine.

I have swapped parts between my two guns and i'm sure its just the one part at fault, I'm concidering modifying a more moddern hop unit with ramp so i can use different weight BBs. I normally use .25, and the hop is set for .2.

Ok, well if you can pick up a Crosman Airmag M50 that should have the part you need.

http://www.bb-guns.org/crosmanairmagm50bycrosman.aspx

The only bad side to the airmag is the fact it doesn't have the UZI magazine release like on the maruzen. The good side is that it uses CO2 so the FPS is very consistent. Extra magazines are also difficult to come by.

Ok, well if you can pick up a Crosman Airmag M50 that should have the part you need.

http://www.bb-guns.org/crosmanairmagm50bycrosman.aspx

The only bad side to the airmag is the fact it doesn't have the UZI magazine release like on the maruzen. The good side is that it uses CO2 so the FPS is very consistent. Extra magazines are also difficult to come by.

Probably, there are two very different versions of the gun. The crossman is a loose copy of maruzens second type, GIM only with a full magazine profile. I have the older version with GIM and external air, with a massive gap at the back of the mag for where the expansion chamber is for the external air AND the GIM feed.

Still, it might work.

But the crossman is only avalable in the US, and I don't want to import from a country that dosen't believe the UK exists. :P.

Although CO2 powered and better semi auto*, that has me interested... Someone want to send me a pir of those bad boys :P.

*(the RS pistol uzi is semi auto only, but often converted to full auto by teh crims)

Edited by ED-SKaR

Yeah I am unsure. I have the 2nd version GIM only GBB AND the External air only NBB. The Crosman is the semi-auto version of the 2nd version but its 98% compatible with the Maruzen one. In fact I think the Crosman is a better build because it can take both R134a mags and crosman mags (though mag release is in a different place) and has better consistency.

All but one of my maruzen mags have leaked so I can no longer use my Micro UZI.

All but one of my maruzen mags have leaked so I can no longer use my Micro UZI.

I have five of those things, every single one has as much teflon/PTFE tape as rubber. One of them dosn't leak... too badly...

One dosn't leak, the other 4 will loose preassure over about a month, so I'm not worried too much.

Can you have a poke at the insides of your guns to see if the breach/feed ramp is the same between the two.

Edited by ED-SKaR
  • 6 months later...

Bumping this up.

Creation/TM Desert eagle. Very expensive kit. Around $450ish just for the metal kit itself. It's not as shiny chrome as the Guarder, but it is MUCH better quality, and fits great.

5778403636_43fc4b221e_b.jpg

Edited by MrM60