IMI Weapon Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken it won't be a drop fit on Airsoft. So using a dremel might come in as an option.

My problem it´s remove the front handguard.

I´m my gun its look like glued. You removed them from your gun easely ?

Edited by RodrigoMF

It went off without a hitch. no glu.

I removed it before once. you can see previous pics of it in ths topic sprayed in english green.

remove both screws, push button in and pride the handguard over the button.

Edited by NeoVeNoM
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope this is the right place to ask this. (if not, sorry) Would any of you recommend the new (2013+) ARES Sportline Tavors? 

I've been offered one for £180 (rather than £210) that's practically new in box, but after a few bad experiences with ARES guns in the past, I'm a little cautious over them. I'd rather not buy another gun which develops faults at the drop of a hat. The seller has informed me that the new Sportline stuff is good, reliable and usable - can anyone confirm this? 

Cheers. 

no. if its an ARES sportline, its got a plastic gearbox. 

if its got a metal gearbox and it is the sportline model with the ABS (and not nylon fiber) body, then its not worth that price. (cost 180USD in the states new from retail)

the ares designed tayver is not well designed and you need to be familiar with them in order to work on them and correctly tune the trigger and selector transfer bars.

beyond that, if you are worried about reliability, ANY gun with a micro switch trigger is a no go. that includes these ares designed tayvers.

but then again, i am not a fan of tayvers and i could be biased. which is why i call them tayvers.

• 4 weeks later...

no. if its an ARES sportline, its got a plastic gearbox. 

if its got a metal gearbox and it is the sportline model with the ABS (and not nylon fiber) body, then its not worth that price. (cost 180USD in the states new from retail)

Bear in mind plenty of guns in other countries are more expensive than if they were sold in the US.

TM Desert Eagle base

Nine Ball 10" Front Slide

PDI 6.01 TB Inner Barrel

TM Leon Custom Saftey Switches

TM Leon Custom Rear Sight

Guarder Steel Slide Stop

Guarder Electroplating Metal Kit

Custom Hop Nub

Action High Flow Valves

RS Hogue Grips

y5ynemy8.jpg

Slightly silly but I love it. Getting it engraved with the Resident Evil Umbrella logo and text down each side of the Nine Ball front end.

Eventually get the Firefly piston head might try and drill out the rear sight and add some fibre optic tubes :) Going to fit all black controls/hammer/trigger too.

Maybe an RMR too :D

Edited by bankz5152

One more of my Polarstar Micro Galil this time with a Gemtech G5 suppressor, TSI AR magazine adapter, and a RS Trilux scope and mount. I had someone offer me $400 for the Trilux mount alone, they're pretty rare apparently.

Jesus christ, so much want for that.

• 3 months later...

Ok, two questions on Desert Eagles. First off I need a holster that actually fits one, sadly I don't have space on my LBV for one so I guess that means a drop leg holster. I'm typically not keen on them, any recommendations? Second question, does anyone know where I could source an original Marui chrome slide and frame set. My desert eagle is a spares bin special made out of black and chrome parts. All the controls are chrome, as is the hop dial cover and hammer housing, I would like to make it all chrome if possible.

Cheers!

I'd suggest the kydex route as well. Lessens the chance of losing a mag since the mag catch won't go off randomly.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/tokyo-marui-desert-eagle-original-abs-slide-and-frame-chrome.html#.VFL9yfnF98E

Yes it's out of stock, but email them to get an ETA when they will get it back in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...