IMI Weapon Thread

Awesome find. Just what i was looking for!! Appreciate it :D

Now my evil desires of making noobs foul their pants at the sight of a desert eagle with a grenade launcher on it, is almost within reaching distance. Mwahahahaha

But seriously cheers :P I shall purchase one when i next get paid.

Smithy

you're welcome, I think that they do the silver version too if you have a silvery deagle ;)

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there an easy way to get a good even and still fairly shiny brushed metal finish? i want to metal kit my deagle and obviously in silver (why not? you buy a deagle for its presence, why not make its presence VERY obvious :P ) and dont really want to chrome it. i just want a lightly brushed finish thats shiny, but not like chrome where you hold the gun in the air on a sunny day and everyone in a 50m radius starts clutching ther faces screaming "OH GOD MY EYES! IM FREAKING BLIND!!!"

catch my drift? :)

is there an easy way to get a good even and still fairly shiny brushed metal finish? i want to metal kit my deagle and obviously in silver (why not? you buy a deagle for its presence, why not make its presence VERY obvious  :P ) and dont really want to chrome it. i just want a lightly brushed finish thats shiny, but not like chrome where you hold the gun in the air on a sunny day and everyone in a 50m radius starts clutching ther faces screaming "OH GOD MY EYES! IM FREAKING BLIND!!!"

catch my drift?  :)

Bead blast it. Depending on the metal, it seems to give a nice silver color without the shine of a polished/chromed view.

hmm, then maybe use some very fine sandpaper to get a lightly brushed finish. bead blasted finishes on their own have always looked a bit flat for my liking, but it might look alright after a little going over with sandpaper.

problem is i dont have access to any bead blasting facilities :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*albartroth* fez! i did had a bad feeling he was trying to be ironic with the 'a few upgrades' bit.

but how did he get the finish? and even if it is the stock finish of the slide its not the same finish as either the TM frame or the zeke frame which is in white primer.