IMI Weapon Thread

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a confirmation email to say everything in my order will ship in the next few days but that remains to be seen. I reckon it'll be a week or two personally.

Either way, not in a rush I don't even have the donor gun or plan on getting one anytime soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha fair enough! In that case ill stick with my original order, bought a spare nozzle incase I break it fitting.

Im actually very excited! I bought the first electroplating kit but an asshat friend left it in his damp garage for 3 fays which wrecked the finish around the trades, it started to bubble. While he was doing some work to it.

This one will remain pristine, but will be used.

Going to make a faux alcantara lined kydex holster for it. Similar to the blackhawk level 3s. Max protection to keep it safe!

On my phone, my spelling will suck

I've got all the uprated internals for it too as well as the MAG Spring replacement which I've had sitting about for absolutely ages!

Im going to try and get a similar finish on mine as Deadpool has on his.. Almost blued I guess not sure how to go about it but thought the bare metal was the best starting point! Either way it'll be used and abused!

As for holsters, any chance you'll make another? Considering going down that route for mine too!

Edited by DeltaZero

A reinforced nozzle is almost a must when installing a metal kit as the original is made for a plastic pistol and will break with the force of the metal pistol. 150% recoil and hammer Spring is also something you want to invest in together with a high flow valve for the magazine...

Btw, robinhood tactical is releasing their own metal kit for the desert eagle that looks a lot nicer but costs 4 times more: http://www.crw-airsoft.com/pre-order-limited-edition-de-2016-xix-l6-aluminium-kit--steel-parts-for-marui-de-by-robinhood-tactical-taiwan-11236-p.asp

I had a confirmation email to say everything in my order will ship in the next few days but that remains to be seen. I reckon it'll be a week or two personally.

Either way, not in a rush I don't even have the donor gun or plan on getting one anytime soon!

I've had three shipments from R8 in the last few months.  In each case, chose the "intermediate" shipping option (not fastest, not slowest).  Shipment #1 took over 3 weeks; ##2 and 3 came through in about 10 days each.  Go figure.

A reinforced nozzle is almost a must when installing a metal kit as the original is made for a plastic pistol and will break with the force of the metal pistol. 150% recoil and hammer Spring is also something you want to invest in together with a high flow valve for the magazine...

Btw, robinhood tactical is releasing their own metal kit for the desert eagle that looks a lot nicer but costs 4 times more: http://www.crw-airsoft.com/pre-order-limited-edition-de-2016-xix-l6-aluminium-kit--steel-parts-for-marui-de-by-robinhood-tactical-taiwan-11236-p.asp

Got to disagree with almost all of that. The plastic nozzle survives fine, my other metal DE has the first Guarder kit since it came out never broke. However the so called reinforced nozzle broke after 2 mags.

As for the hammer spring that does nothing but increase slide resistance.

High flows, maybe but not if you want to use it in anything less than 25c outside.

120% recoil springs however yes.

On my phone, my spelling will suck

• 3 weeks later...