New western arms m4 cqb

fiddlesticks4220

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the pics from WGC and RWAS last night. The outer barrel looks as though there is a hop up dial integrated into it. You might be able to mod a TM outer barrel by machining away the bottom and boring out the end to accommodate the hopup but I'm just speculating at this point. As far as clones go, even if there was a clone of the WA coming out I would still get the WA. The good thing, like others have said, is that it would open us up to relatively cheap mags. In any case, I really hope that this thing accepts aftermarket parts easily. If it does, I'm sold regardless of the mag price (I can't keep anything stock ^_^ ) What I really want to see is some kind of metal reciever kit from the likes of King Arms or Shooters Design. That would be very cool, but I think I'm getting ahead of myself.

Hmm very interesting indeed. Though I'd much prefer a gastank in the stock rather than ultra expensive mags. Will the Taino Koba C8 have mag-fed gas as well? Hmm hmm.. choices choices. I think I speak for everyone when i say the AEG sound and (lack of) feel is getting old but this might not be quite what I'm hoping for in a GBB rifle (not that I don't want one, but the cost is pretty crazy, one mag costs the same as one LPEG).

Hmm very interesting indeed. Though I'd much prefer a gastank in the stock rather than ultra expensive mags. Will the Taino Koba C8 have mag-fed gas as well? Hmm hmm.. choices choices. I think I speak for everyone when i say the AEG sound and (lack of) feel is getting old but this might not be quite what I'm hoping for in a GBB rifle (not that I don't want one, but the cost is pretty crazy, one mag costs the same as one LPEG).

Meh I don't mind the gas tank in the mags. Hopefully means we can use more RS parts. Expect a review when mine hopefully gets here next week :)

Looks like ehobbyasia on ebay has it for $649 plus $40 shipping USD.....

At this rate, they'll be 2k USD by next week with all the price increases, lol. First seeing it at RWAS for 470ish then up to 560 and now 649 at ehobby. Ehobby usually has good prices too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...NEWLIST#GALLERY

I wonder if DenT will get this in?

^ wow , that's loud! do I see a crane stock? lol, I was just dreaming about putting a crane stock on mine when I decide to get one. in a long time...

I remember WA products, especially the magna's, were usually produced in small numbers and discontinued. Any chance this will be a limited product as well and months in the future, anyone who owns one be envied by all?

(post a little late)

^ wow , that's loud! do I see a crane stock? lol, I was just dreaming about putting a crane stock on mine when I decide to get one. in a long time...

I remember WA products, especially the magna's, were usually produced in small numbers and discontinued. Any chance this will be a limited product as well and months in the future, anyone who owns one be envied by all?

(post a little late)

As long as I can get 4 more mags before they discontinue it I'll be happy.

Hopefully not, if WA have any sense they'll keep knocking out batches of the guns and more importantly mags for a long time judging by the initial success of this!

Not a chance. Too much of a mold/research investment. They make so many 1911's, because once they had it nailed, only cosmetic changes and bits were/are needed. WA makes small batches of specific 1911's, but have made a WHOLE lot of 1911's in general, and kept up with product improvement to boot. This will probably be around for awhile...

By the way, Since the WA mini UZI is the KWC mini UZI.... obviously licensed or such... my hunch is THIS is the never released KWC GBB m4 that has graced their page for so long, maybe bought out and redeveloped by WA. I'll let you speculate then on the possibility of an after-market Co2 mag...

edit: then again, if this is farmed out and not an in-house product... maybe... still, Rob15 is right about the initial release response by consumers... damn! I can overthink my way out of any of my own arguments!

A colleague of mine purchased one and I did get to handle it. Overall, it's good, but the average person might feel it's too expensive given the problems the gun has. Some issues I noticed:

1. The metal of the hand guard is EXTREMELY poor. It's even lower than the quality of a G&P hand guard.

2. Just like CA Armalites, the top rail of the RIS is misaligned with the upper receiver rail. I'm not sure if the receiver is too low, or the RIS is too high.

3. The front sight and flash hider was resin (the version I handled was a pre-order). I couldn't say for sure if they can replaced with AEG parts.

4. The gun performs great in semi. Full auto is very poor...the power fluctuates a bit too much. I think even Redwolf admits that long full auto bursts isn't recommended. Well I noticed short ones aren't that good either. I have the same issue with my M14 GBB - I guess it's the nature of the liquid charged system (gas in the mag).

5. Hop adjustment was easy...might be a bit too easy. It won't surprise me if it eventually becomes loose and needs tightening.

6. I was told field strip is not as easy as it looks. I personally didn't get to take it down, but was told the receiver pins are very difficult to remove. The owner was hesitant to apply too much pressure to damage the plastic receiver.

I'll try and post pics later.

A colleague of mine purchased one and I did get to handle it. Overall, it's good, but the average person might feel it's too expensive given the problems the gun has. Some issues I noticed:

1. The metal of the hand guard is EXTREMELY poor. It's even lower than the quality of a G&P hand guard.

2. Just like CA Armalites, the top rail of the RIS is misaligned with the upper receiver rail. I'm not sure if the receiver is too low, or the RIS is too high.

3. The front sight and flash hider was resin (the version I handled was a pre-order). I couldn't say for sure if they can replaced with AEG parts.

4. The gun performs great in semi. Full auto is very poor...the power fluctuates a bit too much. I think even Redwolf admits that long full auto bursts isn't recommended. Well I noticed short ones aren't that good either. I have the same issue with my M14 GBB - I guess it's the nature of the liquid charged system (gas in the mag).

5. Hop adjustment was easy...might be a bit too easy. It won't surprise me if it eventually becomes loose and needs tightening.

6. I was told field strip is not as easy as it looks. I personally didn't get to take it down, but was told the receiver pins are very difficult to remove. The owner was hesitant to apply too much pressure to damage the plastic receiver.

I'll try and post pics later.

Where was the hop up located at? What type of plastic is the body made out out of?

Under the barrel, next to the delta ring. You can see it on the photos Redwolf has. I have no clue what kind of plastic...same plastic as all the other WA pistols use I suppose.

Hmm guess that means the front end isn't swappable then. If its like the plastic on my Warrior...then thats a major plus in my book.

I was under the impression that this was only a 500pcs limited production run, but now that I search I can't find anything about it.

The plastic of the receiver is far ahead any plastics WA has used before. It's fiber reinforced. The rear takedown pin was indeed a bit difficult to remove, but I wouldn't hesitate to use force to drive it to the side. (not entirely out, as it's retained in the lower receiver by a lock pin)

If anything, the receiver is made to take a beating rather than look nice. Just look at the pics to see what I mean...

The flash hider is plastic, not resin.

The slide locks on WA 1911s have been difficult to remove since the first SCWs, they soon loosen up with use and better that than having the pins fall out after a bit of use for the sake of making them easy to remove at first. I expect the M4's similar.

Personally, I doubt this will win over many AEG fans for skirmishing. Battery driven gearboxes are always going to be more consistent than gas and there's never going to be a 1000 round drum mag for the WA.

It's a lot more realistic to shoot, I expect, than a shoulder mounted sewing machine, but 'better' to skirmish with? I doubt it.

Cheers.

Thanks for the lesson on resins?!? anyway, even a plastic flash-hider is pants.....I wonder if this was done to keep weight down....it certainly wasn't done to curb costs :)

These little things are a bit of a let down IMHO, and certainly begin to take away the shine on this attractivness.

I agree this could be a great Milsim tool, but I don't think it will replace AEGs on your average sunday skirmish!!

Time will tell I guess.

Archived