My Ebaybanned Norots Arrived Today (I know quite a few people are curious)

Ebaybanned Norotos

Norotos1.jpg

Norotos2.jpg

Decent enough weight and finish... can't say that i can compare it to the real one mind you :P

I had to assemble some of it, mainly the spring loaded clip which came individually in the sealed bag. Not sure if it came loose in transit or if it came out of the factory like it but it was no bother.

Happy with the purchase... but undecided what to mount it on :D

Happy to answer questions as best I can, and more pics if needed

Yeah it does not come with the Rhino Arm mounting plate, what's pictured is everything unfortunately. I'm pretty sure it does need the adapter for the rhino arm, but I think if you can get hold of one of these:

Norotos Arm

I think that it should fit straight into the shroud... but will cost an arm and a leg if you can find one.

Edited by Delta_Knight

Mine turned up today, bloody strong construction, came all pre assembled, so I reckon someone got lazy at the factory and just shoved bits in bags for you Delta. The little grey catch was slightly misaligned, but that's something you wouldn't notice unless you were trying to find fault :D

My question for you is however, the positioning... Now fair enough, finding centre is easy, but whereabouts VERTICALLY should the mount go. On IBHs I've seen people hang a good half inch of the mount down from the lip of the helmet... Where should it go to look "proper" on a MICH? Measurements from the helmet lip would be tres excellent please!

Ahhh laziness oh well it wasn't hard to assemble, but I'm pretty sure it came loose in transit and popped out. My grey clip isn't too bad mind you, but being super picky maybe the slightest angle change.

On the IBH the reason you see them mounted over the lip is that the holes line up exactly with the original three point wilcox already on the IBH - tried and tested, so no drilling holes. That's why it is so low.

On a MICH on the other hand its a different story. I only have the one hole drilled in one of mine for the classic MICH Rhino Mount, so three holes will need to be drilled, obviously ;) Unless of course I can pluck up the money/courage to but the 2002 I'm after, which is what your putting it on right? (Not that it makes a difference)

So in answer to your question... the norotos like you said in the centre, but most reference pictures, and most logical place to put it, especially with a rhino arm, would so the base of the norotos just clears the lip of the MICH

I hope this helps :D

Edited by Delta_Knight

Started trying to mount mine now ( which is a sodding giggle, NAAAT!), and have discovered the mount does not conform properly to the shape of the helmet. This is partially due to the differences in curvature between the plastic and metal components ( way to go China! Make two parts the need to have the same curve, different!) and possibly becuase the helmet might be the wrong curvature. I suspect more the shroud is wrongly curved than the helmet though.

Essentially this means in order to make the top of the mount flush with the helmet curve, I'll have to do something drastic:

1) Perhaps cut the support ridge on the side, off, so the plastic can be bent so I can then rely on the screw to hold it down.

2) Cry myself to sleep.

3) Go and make a cup of tea, forget about the fact I've blue tacked it on for the time being, and pretend it all works fine.

That's a pain... fit's the curve of both my IBH and the Bulle MICH well... it does have some play in the mount, so you could try and mount it, even if it's not perfect flush, or try slightly higher up on the helmet, where it curves more (That's if the helmet isn't curved enough... if it is too much you not in a good position)

There's not much i can really suggest, however i like option 3... tacticool blue tack... I personally prefer white tack :P

Edit: Just read your post properly, you mean the metal part and the shroud curve differently? Post some pics up so we can see... Might be able to help better if I can actually see your problem

Edited by Delta_Knight

Lol sorry too late for that, I fixed that bit :) The metal bit, as you know has a curve on it, as does the plastic... They were SLIGHTLY different meaning the mount would rock along the horizontal... took the metal plate out, filed it flat, problem sorted, but like I say either the plastic shoud is curved wrong or my helmet is.. both Ebaybanned, but this means nothing!

It fits perfectly flush in two places. The back, and the top.. So I'm thinking the shroud is fail.

However, there's enough give that I can PUSH it flush, so I'll probs weaken the support strut and bend it into position.

I took all my Rhino mount of just to ckeck it ;)

You are correct in saying that it does not fit the curvature of the helmet perfectly, but there is enough give in it to fit the curavture of my MICH without modification, so I would agree that maybe the curvature is a bit strange, but I have not found it an issue, as it fits pretty good, and to be honest even the genune Norotos won't be a flush fit everytime, I think it is down the the mould of the helmet, but i think waekining and bending is probably the best bet, keep us posted to see how it goes

Wahey! Fitted, and it now fits perfectly flush.

Anyone who buys these, you might not even need to file anything down, as the screws and threads are v good ( which was a concern for me) so yeah, woo!

The hardest bit is getting the thing lined up properly to drill your holes!

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, mines a MICH 2002 as well :)

Atm, I'm debating whether to paint the Norotos as well, cos the helmet is getting a darker OD sprayjob. The Norotos is solid as a rock, and all of my previous fears about it ( I.e, it not being the proper curvature) were unfounded, as the screws are strong enough to bend and hold it back properly :)

Helmet001.jpg

Helmet005.jpg