Sniper's Perch

HawaiiIceMan

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to know how Hydrographics work... it seems quite amazin'

The clue is in the name. :D

It's quite sad really.

Did you ever float oil based ink on water & then dip things in, coating them?

Basically that's it.

They float a film (any graphic image, for us, camo, but you can see the samples they have), on water & dip the product into it.

The film is pressed onto the object by the water pressure. They remove any excess film, take the item out & give it a few coats of lacquer to seal it.

Greg.

The clue is in the name. :D

It's quite sad really.

Did you ever float oil based ink on water & then dip things in, coating them?

Basically that's it.

They float a film (any graphic image, for us, camo, but you can see the samples they have), on water & dip the product into it.

The film is pressed onto the object by the water pressure. They remove any excess film, take the item out & give it a few coats of lacquer to seal it.

Greg.

Nice. I'm already counting all the objects i can get done in hardwoods green...

Nice. I'm already counting all the objects i can get done in hardwoods green...

As far as I know, I'm still the only 'airsoft customer' they have.

They have been doing air rifles etc. for ages.

I got my first softer done by them 4 years back & treat myself to another one every year. :D

I figured it would catch on, but apparently not.

I guess it must be fear of the unknown, cost & having to send your gun away for a few weeks. :unsure:

They currently have one of my VSR's, which should be back to me in about 3 weeks.

I can't wait, I've been meaning to do a vsr for ages but never got round to it. (Got a hardwoods green G36, M14 & P90, plus 2 glock slides :huh: )

As said, if it is a solid surface they can do it. Flexible & rubber type surfaces they cant do & scopes have to be waterproof.

Give 'em a ring.

The only warning I give, is that they always take longer than they say. Usually double! & they are often hard to get hold of. & they only take payment as cash or cheque.

This time round, they reckoned 3 weeks. They've had it 2 weeks so far & yesterday (when I checked to see how much it would cost), they said it should be ready in, yeah, you guessed it, 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

But it's well worth it. I'd suggest sending items that you don't intend to use for a while. :D

Your heart will skip a beat when it all comes back & you start to unwrap it. ;)

Greg.

Archived