Sniper's Perch

HawaiiIceMan

(hopeing that this thread stays alive)- i have created Sniper's Perch , thread on snipers

and sniper gear, rifles , pics, sidearms, thoughts, advice, suggestion, stories, pros, cons,

etc etc things like that...just talk away and keep it 'clean' in here :tooth: . Scouts are

prefered in here too I will try and beg a moddy to make this a sticky or something. Also

please introduce yourselves, this is ,for now, a makeshift airsoft sniper community.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personaly i like to use K.I.S.S to its fullest extent when im in the DM role. If im working with a teammate i dont have to worry about carrying much. I will only bring with me my M24, M9, Hydration system, and a small amount of extra ammo. I always try to keep the hydration system full so that it doesnt make a slish slaush noise when crawling around.

A good pair of glooves is also a very wise investment. anything that has a small amount of padding but not to much. Its not fun getting shot in the fingers. Also shooting glasses are alot better then goggles, instead of thwarting your sight alignment like bulky goggles you almost forget that you are wearing them at some point in the day.

Ill add more when i can think of it.

INTRO: Hello everyone. :bye1: As some of you know i am HawaiiIceMan. I have been airsofting for 2 1/2 years. My experience expands from Close Quater Battle to the 'art' of Sniping. I currently own a fully teched ,modified/customized, VSR-10 Real Shock

On the field I carry my VSR-10 and my P14.45 HRT SCW and a camelbak w/ tools parts and MRE's (for the 72 hour private games) My choice of camoflage is a custom made crawling stalk ghillie suit. So yeah this is my start...ill be posting more things on here like WhiteFeather and yes i am jealous of him cuz he can go on his roof with his m24 :bam:

I vary what I take to each game.

Rifle, usually with a side arm, usually my M9. Although sometimes its a SOCOM. Ive baby glock coming soon aswell.

For defending games I take as much as I can carry.

For me sniping currently is more sharp shooting, making those longer shots that regular peeps cant make. The odd bit of sneaking, starting to learn a bit of field craft but sadly dont have the time to hone my skills/

A gspec is probably the best rifle you can get. It has one of the best hop units in the world, and you can get nearly any upgrade part for it.

I am planning to have a 2nd and my final rifle. I am trying to build a M40A3 either from the SUn project M40XB or the APS2. Both i heard but only one can be customized to a M40A3. with the Sun Project M40 i heard that Fortress made a Mcmillin A-5 style stock (the m40a3 stock) for the Sun Project M40 series. But i could not find it through oversea stores. With the APS2 i got my source from 888 himself and he built one about 95% close to the real thing with a APS2 Carrot American military stock and a Sun Project M40 barrel as seen here ksm40a3.JPG

I emailed him a couple of times but i still didnt get his instructions on how HE built it by putting the SUn Project's M40 barrel with the Carrot Stock. Does anyone know how i can build a M40A3 from an APS2 or know where i can get the Fortress A-5 Stock? Please tell me. thanks. 888 site is here http://www.honolulu888.com/

I tend to find that I enjoy a more 'scout sniper' role than staying positioned in one place, hence my choice of the VSR-10 Pro Sniper as my primary weapon. Light and easy to carry, makes the moving around so much easier. I use a Maruzen P99 FS Silenced pistol as backup, good for those times when someone gets a bit too close and you dont want to give away your position with a rather loud GBB. :)

Camo wise? Home made Ghillie Poncho thing and headwear, just helps ya disappear into the undergrowth, adds a whole new dimension to my airsofting sniper experiences.

:P

Me and my brother share our guns, but once we get this stuff it will be VSR-10 real shock+camo+4x20 scope+tm bipod+g&p55rnd magazine. Secondry is an sd5 converted so the battery is on the sling, and there is no stock. 3rd weapon is a g26 adv. Flecktarn shirt+ trousers+ webbing with olive general purpose pouch, flecktarn shovel and large pouch, but we aim to get a triple mp5 mag pouch and a hoster. Also uses a tm speedloader for the mags.

, but once we get this stuff it will be VSR-10 real shock+camo+4x20 scope+tm

i wont give you Arnie props but i give you G props for getting a REal Shock. My question is that why do most ppl have a SMG and a sidearm with your primary rifle (which can be your aps2 m24 vsr etc etc) when a pistol is good enough. I feel like carrying a SMG is too much..'dead weight' if you carry a pack like a camelbak..that enough space already...i tried with my m16a3.....let me tell you that a m16a3 lying on a moving bush doesnt seem right.... :crazy:

Oh yeah, just remembered something about the G&P hicaps for the VSR. They need filing/sanding to make them fit properly. Quite a bit.

Really mate? I have one for me Pro-Sniper and it fitted straight in like a glove, no problems at all. I have had loadsa probs with their mid caps for my AK (will never buy, rent or touch another 150 bb mag from them) but the VSR mag was spot on.

Possibly a difference between the Pro-Sniper and the G-Spec? Or just G&P with hit and miss quality control? Hmmm....

:)

no Faust no one makes a Steyer scout....but there is a Steyer SSG which is the APS2...infact the SSG is the Scout BUT the scout 'i heard' is a whole new different model...i no a guy in ASP that built one from scratch.

ALso anyone see the new X-Fire hard piston......

main.jpg

tell us ,if anyone knows, if this piston is good to buy

We'll my P90 is in the mail (Birthday) and for Christmas I'm looking at getting

-VSR-10 ProSniper

-Some Scope

-300FPS upgrade, and a durability upgrade

Anyone know where I can a good bi-pod for it?

Ohh ya, does anyone make replacement stocks for the VSR-10

Really mate? I have one for me Pro-Sniper and it fitted straight in like a glove, no problems at all. I have had loadsa probs with their mid caps for my AK (will never buy, rent or touch another 150 bb mag from them) but the VSR mag was spot on.

Possibly a difference between the Pro-Sniper and the G-Spec? Or just G&P with hit and miss quality control? Hmmm....

:)

Dont think theres a difference, mostly they are the same.

It was jamming earlier today, the follower was jammed inside the track. When you take apart one of these, watch for two tiny springs that pop out.

I suppose I should link some vsr stuff, http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...showtopic=36999 http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk/forums/i...showtopic=25705

Loads of stuff there. Namely, crandall, vsr shoots about 300 stock. My gspec is current on 303.

edit:

no one makes a aftermarket stocks yet. A good bi pod would be an acual Harris Bipod.

There stocks appearing now. Pretty much any bipod will fit, the sling mounts are the QD studs.

does anyone know if there is an airsoft steyr scout and if so where to get it and if it is any good?

Got the picture from somewhere a while ago and can't remember where know. From questions asked on the forums it seems it is a K98 in a real steal aftermarket Steyr Scout style stock.

Oh the picture's to big, I'll stick it in my gallery.

i wont give you Arnie props but i give you G props for getting a REal Shock. My question is that why do most ppl have a SMG and a sidearm with your primary rifle (which can be your aps2 m24 vsr etc etc) when a pistol is good enough. I feel like carrying a SMG is too much..'dead weight' if you carry a pack like a camelbak..that enough space already...i tried with my m16a3.....let me tell you that a m16a3 lying on a moving bush doesnt seem right.... :crazy:

It is light, being plastic and alll <_< but at the site I play at, AEGs can't touch snipers on range, so we needed a counter sniper, but that is a lame term, so its used in a long range rifle role. Because of the 30m engagement distance, the smg is nice for when you are swamped by your self with 15 people closing in on you.

I finally got a tanaka m700 and I soon hope to get a marushin kar 98. (there is something about those shells) I use a Tm mk23 and a ksc USPc or tm hi-capa for backup. I perfer to snipe alone though a spotter always helps. I also wouldnt mind getting a mp5k.

Archived