Sniper's Perch

HawaiiIceMan

All you need for the Silk weapon is a M14 with the STAR M3 replica and KA Tactical Rail rings. All that right there will cost about 600 bucks.

I havent watched ToS in awhile so i dont remember his exact load out but all you need is some suspenders with USGI mag pouces, 3 day assault pack and some other stuff.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohh I love tears of the sun, almost made me buy a Socom, I can't even remember what that M14 looked like, I hope the TM M14 isn't too much. What kinda stock did the one in tears of the sun look like, was it wood, or syntheric black? Thanks for the help guys! Edit, found a picfar right is the M14

cob.jpg

Custom Painted stock can be done along with scope+rings, and what kinda scope is that? Gonna go for that look, I like it a lot!

As i posted above its a M14 with Leupold M3 scope.

To create that entire load out you need a M14 with STAR M3 scope, some medium hight 30mm scope rings along with butler creek flip covers. You need suspenders with USGI mag pouches for M14 magazines, 3 day assault pack with LAW attached to the side. Lastly you need some krylon Od, brown and what looks like khaki but a little lighter.

I've been looking for a reason to buy this!

M14 (300-400)

Magazines (IDK $50)

Scope(100$)

LAW (Most likely a hommade replica, but then later on fit a M203 in it!)

Suspenders and Magazine pouches (75$)

Paint(20$)

$545-645 USD, not totally out of my range, but it'll take a while to get it wall together! I've decided this is the look I'm definetily gonna go for, hopefully sell My P90 later on to finance. Thanks for the help WhiteFeather

whats kool about Silks gear is that all you really need for your gear is LBE Harness 3 day BHI backpack , m14 pouches, and you put your mk23 or any sidearm you choose on the left strap of the harness.....for you boonie it is the saem as Flea a jute bundle tied with some of it dreadin down on the back.....also you have to make a ghillie hood aswell.......for the m14 in the movie it was a m21...so you can maybe rip out the full auto function ^_^

I was planning on using Semi-Auto, but if the gun has full auto, that gives me a reason not to go through the big sniper training thing at my closest site! I'm getting the movie right now, I'll take some screen shots of his gear +gun!

I just ran into a new problem, eye protection. At the site I'm going to play at (One more year and I can) you need to be 18+ to not have to wear full face protection. So should I just go with a Shemagh, or balaclava to cover my face? I plan on using shooting glasses, goggles and masks are too bulky.

I was planning on using Semi-Auto, but if the gun has full auto, that gives me a reason not to go through the big sniper training thing at my closest site! I'm getting the movie right now, I'll take some screen shots of his gear +gun!

I just ran into a new problem, eye protection. At the site I'm going to play at (One more year and I can) you need to be 18+ to not have to wear full face protection. So should I just go with a Shemagh, or balaclava to cover my face? I plan on using shooting glasses, goggles and masks are too bulky.

sniper training is always a good thing...advances your fieldsmenship........wear a shemagh :punk:

damnnn someone make a M40A3 already

sniper training is always a good thing...advances your fieldsmenship........wear a shemagh :punk:   

damnnn someone make a M40A3 already

If I don't pass, I don't get to use the gun until I pass :( I would have a VSR-10 Pro Sniper + a lot of upgrade right now instead of a P90 if I hadn't! Shemagh it is then!

Carrot makes a M40a3 stock for the APS series.  Its like $250 USD.

i already knew that for a lonnngggg time...but im juss waitin on a full model one........

well if you are gunna get tested for being a sniper, all you need to do is have a ghillie suit that can be teched for the surround environment,2nd move slowly around the field...find good shooting positions in the field so you can hit your target without compromising your position...3rd have a good rifle...VSR's are great and are evenly matched with APS2's ...i have one....its pretty sav..even more sav when teched....4th good optics....if they suck ...then you suck. 5th practice groupings before the test. this will incrase your presicion....start at 70ft then when you mastered the 3 dime grouping at 70 move to 100 do the 3DG at 100 then go to 120 3DG then if your rifle can go above 140+ again do a 3DG....6th most likey not mandatory but a good thing to have is a pair of binoculars and a spotting scope...

hope this helps.....if you need some help still or tips keep on postin im here 24/7 :construction:

Cool, I don't know if I should go for a VSR-10 or an M14 now. I still have plenty of time to decide. I'm still not old enough to play there, and after I am old enough, I might have missed the course, they only have 2 a year, and based on what scores you get, your either a Sniper (Near 100%) or a Designated Marksman (85%) I think I'm defineitly gonna go for it now, it'll be well worth it! These people also don't let you cut corners! It is a very Mil-Sim place (even though they do allow hi-caps for not so Mil-Sim games, there have actually been Military groups train there! Site Link <---- Heres the Sniper Link, I might only go out for Designated Marksman, I don't really like the stalk, but would definetily go for it later ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOLCOM would like to introduce to all budding snipers a Sniper course specifically for Tolland.

TOL-SNIPE will follow NEASG's guidelines regarding the type of Airsoft Models that can be used and the Feet Per Second (fps) guideline for those Airsoft Models.

TOL-SNIPE course will be split into two categories

1. Designated Marksman (DM)

2. Sniper.

The components of the TOL-SNIPE course consists of the following

1. Written Exam (75% pass) and safety.

2. Range Estimation (100% pass) and safety.

3. KIMS (100% pass)

4. Stalk (100% pass)

Players that have previously undertaken Hillbilly’s and ShadowKings course are exempt from the portions that they have passed. All future DM’s and Snipers that wish to field SWS must be TOL-SNIPE DM/Sniper certified.

Qualification:

Designated Marksman:

1. Written Exam and safety.

2. Range Estimation and safety.

Sniper:

1. Written Exam and safety.

2. Range Estimation and safety.

3. KIMS

4. Stalk

Description of TOL-SNIPE components:

1. Written Exam: The Sniper handbook is available online at (add hyperlink to pages) courtesy of Hillbilly. All the material on the written exam is covered in the handbook.

Study the handbook and you are sure to do well in the exam

2. Range Estimation: This will consist of 7 visual range estimation tests. No mechanical or electronic devices will be allowed. The instructor will take you out to a designated area, he will then point out an object and the student will have to gauge its distance. The instructor will record this distance, then both you and the instructor will move to the next station. This process will be repeated 7 times.

Both range and size of the object will vary during the range estimation tests.

3. KIMS: KIMS is still under discussion.

4. Stalk: Stalk is still under discussion.

Velocity Rules for SWS

Bolt Action is limited to 550 fps using 0.25 pellets at the chrono station.

AEG's must have a real world counter part IE, PSG-1, SR-25, SR-15, SVD, etc and are limited to 500 fps using 0.25 pellets at the chrono station.

Minimum Engagement Rule

The minimum engagement rule for both DM’s and snipers is 100 feet.

BB’s/Pellets

BB's or pellets size cannot (in most instances) exceed 6mm and 0.43g in weight. There are exceptions. Some Airsoft Models use 8mm BB’s/pellets. These Airsoft Models will be allowed provided the BB’s/pellets don't exceed 0.43g.

Metal or metal coated BB's or pellets are prohibited, period.

Types of Weapons and definitions

Bolt Action: A spring or gas operated Airsoft Model were the shooter has to physically cock the Airsoft SWS for each shot taken.

Automatic Electric Gun (AEG): A battery operated Airsoft model. These models must have a real world counterpart and may only shoot on semi ie: auto must be disabled. In other words the SWS AEG MUST BE INTERNALLY MODIFIED TO FIRE SEMI AUTO ONLY. In all likelihood the Selector Plate will need to be modified so that it can only fire on semi. Before an AEG SWS will be allowed on the Field, it MUST be inspected and approved.

All AEG’s that don’t conform to the rules will be disqualified.

A gas operated semi or auto Airsoft Model falls under the AEG category.

Magazines

Only LowCap SWS's magazines will be allowed. NO HICAPACITY MAGAZINES ALLOWED.

Maximum of 20 pellets per magazine. You are not limited to the number of magazines you can carry.

TOL-SNIPE Sniper Rules

1. Snipers and DM’s are to go out in pairs and remain as pairs ie: they cannot go their own separate ways. They may not be more than 20 feet apart from each other.

2. Only Snipers, Scouts/Observers teams are allowed to wear Ghillie suits. They may only wear their suits if they are in a sniper role.

3. If the Sniper, Scout/Observer teams are under direct fire ie: pellets are landing within a ten-foot radius, they are required to call themselves out.

4. If the Sniper, Scout/Observer team need to run (while wearing a Ghillie Suit) to avoid direct fire or are under direct fire they are to call themselves out.

5. To be a scout/observer for a DM, the minimum qualification is a DM certification. You may be Sniper qualified to be a scout/observer for a DM. However a sniper certification is required to be a scout/observer for the sniper.

6. If at anytime your DM or Sniper status has been revoked you may take the next available TOL-SNIPE course. The course will be more difficult for those that have had their status revoked.

7. Minimum engagement rule is 100 feet for both DM’s and snipers.

8. Maximum Velocity:

a. 550 fps for bolt action using 0.25 pellets at the chrono station

b. 500 fps for AEG’s and gas operated semi and auto Airsoft models using 0.25 pellets at the chrono station.

9. BB’s/Pellets: BB's or pellets size cannot (in most instances) exceed 6mm and 0.43g in weight. There are exceptions. Some Airsoft Models use 8mm BB’s/pellets. These Airsoft Models will be allowed provided

a. The BB’s/pellets don't exceed 0.43g.

b. Must comply with rule 8, 10, 11 & 12.

10. Metal or metal coated BB's or pellets are prohibited, period.

11. Airsoft SWS models fall into 3 main categories

a. Bolt Action: A spring or gas operated Airsoft Model were the shooter has to physically cock the Airsoft SWS for each shot taken.

b. Automatic Electric Gun (AEG): A battery operated Airsoft model. These models must have a real world counterpart and may only shoot on semi ie: auto must be disabled. In other words the SWS AEG MUST BE INTERNALLY MODIFIED TO FIRE SEMI AUTO ONLY. In all likelihood the Selector Plate will need to be modified so that it can only fire on semi. Before an AEG SWS will be allowed on the Field, it MUST be inspected and approved.

c. A gas operated semi or auto Airsoft Model falls under the AEG category.

12. MAXIMUM 20 pellets per magazine. Number of Magazines is not limited.

13. At Tolland you must be 18+ to field a SWS.

*TOL-SNIPE reserves the right to change, modify or add rules, as it deems appropriate in the interest of safety and fair game play for all concerned.

Questions and Answers

Q: What equipment and gear do I need to bring for the TOL-SNIPE DM portion of the sniper course?

A: Bring a notebook and pen. The instructors will go through the handbook prior to the students taking the written exam. Just make sure you have studied the handbook and practiced range estimation.

Q: What equipment and gear do I need to bring for the TOL-SNIPE sniper course?

A: 1. You will need a sniper rifle (unless sharing one with a teammate).

2. A Ghillie suit.

3. A FRS Radio w/headset. You will need this to communicate with the instructors.

Q: I only want to be a Scout/Observer, should I still take this course?

A: Yes, a DM certification is required to be a scout/observer for the DM. A certified Sniper may be a scout/observer for the DM. However a certified DM cannot be a scout/observer for a sniper.

Rule 2 clearly states that only the Sniper, Scout/Observer teams may wear a Ghillie suit. Both will have to reach the firing position together. If you are the observer for the sniper team you do need to have the same field craft skill as the Sniper. Typically in real life the observer is the senior sniper.

Q: Can I audit the course?

A: Yes, but this will naturally depend on the class size. If there are a lot of people that have signed up we will need to concentrate on them. These students have a higher priority.

Q: Why should I invest so much money in a SWS only to fail the course and then not being able to use it?

A: The course will be difficult but not impossible to pass. You will need to study the handbook, practice range estimation and stalking. Don’t come to the course without the preparation and expect to pass. There will be retests and these can be taken as many times as you wish to pass the course. If you want to be a Sniper that badly you will get it.

Q: Why can’t anyone wear a Ghillie suit? They have in the past!

A: Yes, some players have worn Ghillie suits in the past, but that is in the past. Recently some players have worn Ghillie suits and have not felt the hits. This has caused some friction and complaints.

Q: The sniper rules regarding Ghillie suits are tough!

A: Yes, they are and they are meant to be. It is an attempt to curtail friction and complaints and give the privilege of wearing a Ghillie suit to the sniper who has worked hard and has shown the dedication to attain the TOL-SNIPE sniper certification.

Q: Are golf rangefinders any good?

A: Golf rangefinders have a scale built in that is suited/calibrated for the height of the pin/flag. They are useless for anything else.

Q: I have the latest electronic rangefinder; can l go out by myself?

A: No.

Well All I can say is *beep*, you have to be 18 to snipe. Looks like it's gonna be anoter 4 years for me, atleast now I can get my M14, but still upset I can't do it :( Atleast it'll give me more time to practise lol.

Wow, your place sure is hardcroe. Well, hi im OniDemon, and im more of a scout in training than a real sniper. I havent even gotten my rifle. Im getting an m14 from G&G and im going to learn all the stealthy stalker skillz before i invest in a Gspec or a Real Shock. Question can you put a silencer on a real shock? i like the Gspec look, but real shock would be sweet! and, is the gspec hopup really as good as everyone says it is.

How much FPS will i need to snipe properly (im USA)

hey i can answer that....i have a max teched real shock.....for now you cant put on a silencer on a real shock...no one made barrels nor threads....you can add a bull barrel or even the gspec barrel but thats buying a whole new rifle.....my VSR is above 530 for custom games 400 for standard......for me i like how loud my rifle is so when ppl hear it they cant see me. ^_^

My buddies VSR is completley freakin silent! its a pain in the *albartroth* to find him!

Yeah well, to avoid being hippocritical when i yell at him for bein so stealthy (he laughs and begins balancin his checkbook under the table while i tell him the UN should outlaw him) can you get a G-spec to be loud like yours? (seeing people trip and confusing the heck out of someone is so funny ;)) That'd be cool to have a loud G-spec

My buddies VSR is completley freakin silent! its a pain in the *albartroth* to find him!

Yeah well, to avoid being hippocritical when i yell at him for bein so stealthy (he laughs and begins balancin his checkbook under the table while i tell him the UN should outlaw him) can you get a G-spec to be loud like yours? (seeing people trip and confusing the heck out of someone is so funny ;)) That'd be cool to have a loud G-spec

yeah you can its called take off the supressor............also i dont believe there is a adpater for the REAL SHOCK but i no there is one for the G-SPEC

yeah i shot one before..ive shot guns all the way to a .448 Lapua.....im scared of .50cal 44's and .50 AE....afriad of getting my shoulder or wrist screwed...to me a .22 isnt very strong of course...i dont know whats your feeling to a 22.....but it isnt reallly hard ....more like someone jabbed their index finger on you....

Archived