Sniper's Perch

HawaiiIceMan

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4.jpg

iono if you seen CWO TANGO TC M14 (M21) ...he was able to put the bushell scope on his mount

im not scared of shooting guns its juss the larger cal that scares me... the recoil....if you ever seen that middle eastern guy shoot that 721 grain rifle...^_^

Here are some pics of my re-building process of the ghillie i have. The old set was on woodland cammie, but i grew out of them so now i am transfering it onto my digi's. The netting below were the burlap lays is new so i have to go pick up some new hessian at the surplus tomorrow.

ghillie.jpg

Ive got a G-spec and I dont know why the bolt wont stay cocked when I cock it, the moment I get all the way back as soon as I push forward it springs forward... the rifle is stock... It happened to me once before and I put a piston and trigger sear on it which solved the problem but I was shooting today and the problema has reappeared...the rifle is stock only thing it has is the trigger and pisotn sear earlier mentioned. What could be wrong?

Id like to upgrade the rifle once I get it fixed but I dont know what to get.... What parts would I need for higher fps?

What do you think the problem about the bolt could be? Thanks

hmmm check the sears, trig assembly and the spring stopper....parts you should get is spring of course..that is the main thing that iwll jack up your fps...you need to get better trig sears (basically get everything that upgrade the trig assembly or get the ZERO Trigger) piston and piston head...everything else is meduim high...for me i replaced everything cept inner and oout barrel.... ALSO you you dont want or dont no how to drill that hole in the stock cylinder for the head....get the laylax cylinder...

Well i got the old hessian all sewn up and onto the digis' but it did exactly what i tried to prevent. Notice how the top of the ghillie sinks below the colar, thats gotta be fixed if i feel like it. Looking at it more, i think i might have flipped it so that the bottom is now on the side :headbutt:

Edit: Guess it is mounted properly aside from the saging top. Might have to crawl more on my right side now. :(

suit.jpg

Im gonna have to rip the thread at the top and stretch it to go over the shoulders like i had it set up before i started sweing.

I already have a ghillie hat that i made from a old woodland boonie. And the canvas is to much work for my lazy *albartroth* so im not even going to attempt it.

ooo lazyness....wait to you hit the Crucible..wonder if you gunna be lazy then...

i should make a step by step ghillie suit insturctions......also White feather can i make a phase 2 of your camo paint 101 cpet mine is gunna be on patterns through stencils and other custom things.....im juss asking your permission...dun wanna start doin something and you dont want me to cuz it was kinna in a way off your subject

ok heres a questiion thats been bugging me for ages

how the hel do you carry stuff comfortably with a ghillie on and still maintain the broken up out line ?

iv tryed vests,lbh,belts,combos of all 3,drop legs,and custom built in jobs but none of them are perfect,some even hurt <_< , how do y'al do it ?

i only ask because im curently rebuilding my ghillie onto my marpats (weird WhiteFeather is doing the same :huh: ) and wondering if i should mod it before i reach the bottom of the jacket

cheers Aimpoint

I still need to go and buy more burlap for the lower part of the ghillie, the older one was a bit shorter.  My arms are going to get a bit over the shoulders and down a bit but not all the way down.  And the hat still needs work  :rolleyes:

lol i thought u had noticed them i was just makeing sure ;)

looks good mate should be awsum when its finnished,il post up a pic of my work in progress in a bit,i just gota finnish the left arm :rolleyes:

cheers Aimpoint

Well thats it, I'm making a ghillie suit, thanks a lot you guys, way to make me spend more money I don't have! I can't even use it at TOLCOM, but who cares, I'm making a ghillie! So, care to make a quick guide to ghilling WhiteFeather?

There are a bunch of guides on the net. Just do a google search and you will learn the basics. I also have a few books on snipers to it goes into detail about how to make one.

I just went over to my dads house and picked up the M24 and his pair of jungle boots since i no longer have any boots. Ill try and get some full suit up pictures for you guys.

Archived