• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

Info for you on your man bracelets!

"Combat Bracelets started overseas when soldiers in the field would use Army issued 550 cord and a button off their uniform to make a bracelet. These bracelets were a sign of comraderie and friendship. Soldiers coming back from overseas can frequently be seen wearing one of these bracelets."

Here's one I made last week. Drilled a hole in a button to get paracord through, then burned the end with a lighter to seal it - only actually used two strands, just folded them in half to get 4, and you get a nice loop at the top to go over the button. You suprisingly need about 2.5m of cord to make just one!

combatbracelet.jpg

And for the manliest of men, who want their own, here's how to do it... it's actually the same technique as scoobies, which I'm sure you're all familiar with even if you don't admit it ;)

bracelet.png

Yes i agree paracord has many uses, i use platted paracord as a sling for my M4.

Just completed a set of DPM trousers the same as my own with the integrated foam knee pads for my friend as well as RAID modifying a 95 shirt and RAID modifying his combat jacket with added elbow pads. I also created a Under body Armour Combat Shirt style top for myself with the off cuts... ;)

k

RAID 95 shirt.

dsc00253fn5.jpg

Arm pockets on shirt.

dsc00254iq9.jpg

RAID 95 combat jacket with foam integrated elbow pads

dsc00250dm4.jpg

Elbow pad and arm pocket on jacket.

dsc00251ev3.jpg

As the hours grew longer i thought to myself

"I'm gonna charge this guy for these modifications... either that or make him buy me a pint"

DPM Under body Armour Combat Shirt

dsc00252hl7.jpg

Thanks for the kit Kie i'll give it a run in the field soon. its just drying at the moment so will get a pictur in the kit as soon as i get it dry and have a free, minute and photographer. (Will probably end up in the DPM pic thread)

Grim

A wolf hook I made and accidently put into the wrong section.

Not exactly an airsoft gun, but I have a home made Wolf Hook if that is worth mentioning. The webbing cost about $4 a yard at Johann and the buckle was salvaged from a back pack.

a1.jpg

DSC08793.jpg

DSC08794.jpg

DSC08792.jpg

What I was trying to copy:

http://www.usmilitarysurplus.com/surplusca...hookpackage.gif

http://www.rangerjoes.com/images/8276.jpg

Here is my Custom "Soldier Up Gear" PC. Thanks Gonzo!!!

DSC04105.jpg

Now with pouches:

DSC04113.jpg

DSC04112.jpg

I still have a radio pouch i have to fit on there. Im not sure where i want it yet. But it will have to wait till i get it and my radio back.

Also another SUG creation, Peltor Headstrap Cover:

Best pic i have, for some reason my camera is acting up.

DSC04115.jpg

Edited by ferretkiller

Excellent kit everyone, its good to see so many inventive designs. :)

DesertFoxRomel, i was contemplating on making something similar to that not too long ago. i just hope it doesn't put too much strain on that Mollee loop.

Mick0 12 mags! very good design obviously making good use of the new pockets.

k

Ferret Killer: Is "Soldier Up Gear" something that you can buy? That vest looks very nice and I wouldn't mind one in Ranger Green.

Or a cheap Ranger Green RRV with backplate, for that matter

SUG is my friends Up and Coming tactical gear line. He has been making stuff for people on our forums for a while now. He even made my Riggers belt. Ill let him comment on whether or not it is available to everyone though. I know he is pretty busy just with what he makes for the guys in our state.

The vest he made for me is amazing. I am a fairly small guy so it was always hard to find a PC that fit right, and this one he made for me works great. Plus even though it has a fairly small foot print, it can hold all of my pouches with room to spare.

FK you need a better camera haha. Cool stuff though.

Well the one i have is a really nice one, sony dsc-t1, it is just old. It is 3-4 years old and has had a rough life. As soon as i get my wasatch sold i will be buying a new one. Ill try to get some better pix once i do.