• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

Well... duno if this fits in here but Im working to modify my Enhanced USGI LBV to have some more carrying capability.

Kinda jury rigged my Knife sheath(doesnt bother me there btw, easy to reach if I need it fast) onto the LBV and removed a frag pouch.

_K114372-1.jpg

What I would like to do is add some more frag grenade pouches but Im not sure where to put them or how to attach them. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edited by Akapp

Well Kie asked me to post up these pic of the kit he modded for while wearing it to so how effective the mods are.

The RAID modified CS95 shirt with additional pockets added to the upper arms.

HPIM0331.jpg

The RAID modified CS95 jacket with hip pocket moved to the upper arms and elbow pads added

HPIM0334.jpg

and the CS95 Trousers with built in knee pads

HPIM0335.jpg

Grim

Gonzo don't worry you deserve all the focus you get on this thread.

'Akapp'

To be honest anywhere you find comfortable is where id suggest and only you can decide that,

i personally would probably think maybe the left had shoulder or somewhere above the first mag pouch set since the LBV is limited for empty space.

oodles of cuddles

k

Gonzo don't worry you deserve all the focus you get on this thread.

'Akapp'

To be honest anywhere you find comfortable is where id suggest and only you can decide that,

i personally would probably think maybe the left had shoulder or somewhere above the first mag pouch set since the LBV is limited for empty space.

oodles of cuddles

k

Im actually considering putting the 2 frag pouches onto the outside of one of the Magazine pouches. Ill figure it out soon.

Sounds interesting, id just be careful which LBV pouch you mount them too since the mag pouches are designed to sit close to the sides of your body, i imagine the forward pouch set is probably your best option to avoid them getting in the way of your arms, though this may result in crushed grenades (no pun intended) when going prone. :)

good luck 'Akapp'

hugs an love

k

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, haven't posted thiese here yet..

Because I love my LBV, and I wanted also to carry SAW boxmags with it I decided to order some 1000D OD Cordura and start working. I'm quite happy with the outcome, though it's still missing couple of 9mm mag pouches, a SDU-5 strobe pouch, Bianchi M9 Knife Sheath, a pace counter and an ALICE radio pouch.

megalbv001.jpg

megalbv002.jpg

Removed the frag pouches and added an ALICE-slot under the integrated compass/first aid pouch, so I can mount the Bianchi knife sheath through it.

megalbv003.jpg

A RAID-modded DCU-top I made some time ago and sold later. I made a Woodland BDU-top just like the DCU and sold it too. I've also modded the Woodland-top I use myself but w/o velcro. I'll propably be pimpin' some BDU tops in the future as well for sale.

raiditricol.jpg

Edited by KK-pilot

Nothing shocking, just a RAID mod. Considering this was the first time I've wielded a sewing machine, I'm really pleased with the result though. Needs a few touch-ups still, but it's in a wearable state :)

RAID-overview.jpg

Features:

- pockets rearranged

- chest pocket buttons replaced with velcro

- velcro cuffs

- velcro closure on collar

- velcro waist adjustment

I'm getting the hang of it, after I finished I immediately repaired 2 pairs of jeans and saved myself 2 x 8 Euros in repairs ;)

Here's all my gear:

Wide Shot

DSC_0005.jpg

Closer on the chest rig

DSC_0001.jpg

Left Side

DSC_0002.jpg

Right Side

DSC_0003.jpg

Everything on the chest rig was made by me with 1000 denier nylon and mil-spec webbings, bucles, velcro, and thread on an industrial machine. I'm just going to list a basic idea of the pouches

Chest Rig

8x Mag pouch ( 7 Mag Midcaps, 1 KWA hicap, hicap just for last ditch)

Small radio pouch (motorola GMRS radio, looking to get an icom eventually though)

Single m4 Mag pouch ( BB loader )

Padded X-harness

Hydration Carrier ( Source Hydration Bladder)

And My Baby:

DSC_0012.jpg

Very nice job, Looks really professional, I especially like the idea of the Hydration Carrier on the back of the chest rig.

Nilz, good job with the RAID mod, I see you moved the chest pockets to the arms and swapped them with the lower pockets, must have been fiddly, nice use of Velcro too.

k

Looks great man. I'd love to see some more detail on the rig. I'm very jealous of your machine, too. ;)

Here's my latest PC:

I made everything you're seeing.

3) 2x m4 mag pouches

1) 2x m14 mag pouch

2) 2x pistol mag pouches

Saber radio pouch

Hydration carrier

1911 holster

Multi-tool pouch

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01402.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

Edited by gonzo1

Yeah, that looks amazing! The binding on those m4 pouches is just totally perfect, do you use a binding attachment?

As for my machine, yeah, I feel pretty lucky to have it. I started off on a singer home machine my family had. Broke it once on some canvas material, and broke it again doing a RAID mod on some BDUs. I found that thing on craigslist for 300 bucks from a local sail-sewer. He even offered me a job when i told him about the stuff I was going to be doing.

The machine makes SUCH a large difference though. Before I had to plan every pouch to have the fewest layers possible, even though i was just working with canvas or ny/co, now i just plan the pouch and blaze through the 6 layers of nylon and 2 layers of webbing :rolleyes: . I'd really recomment upgrading to an industrial!

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :)

Man inkjet, that's a killer deal! An teammate of mine said his mom has an industrial machine that she'll give me, only problem is that he lives 4 hrs away....

Nope, I don't use a binding attachment. I'm kindof glad too, because it's given me reason to explore other methods of construction that don't require binding. For instance, I shifted to making all my mag pouches like the coyote M14 pouch you see. Removing the binding step cuts out a pretty big chunk of time, and IMO it looks better in no-bind form.

Justin, if all goes well, yours should be much closer to being done by the end of the day.

• 1 month later...

Did some work to my USGI LBV, set it up for an RTO rig. Added an LC2 PRC pouch to the right chest, and some other pouches on the kidneys to carry a multitool or a blowout dressing.

_K234492.jpg

_K234496.jpg

_K234495.jpg

_K234494.jpg

Its rough, I dont have a good sewing machine to work on this with right now but Ill get it figured out eventually.

Gonzo,

I MUST HAS HOLSTER!!!!

Sorry but that, but seriously, if your interested in making one in MC that would fit a 1911 wilson compact/HK USPc/ G23 send me a message.

also looking for decent quality low profile 90 degree panel.....hint hint

Edited by frogfish
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly guys, if you haven't ever ordered anything from Gonzo you really have no idea how good his work is. Even on clothing, the stitching and quality of work is outstanding. I have a combat shirt (BDU/under armour hybrid) that he made me and have been nothing but impressed with it. I'll be sure to post pics up tomorrow.

By the way Tony, it's the black one with the mandarin collar and RAID pockets if you remember.

As requested, some pics of me wearing the LBV on my Photobucket account:

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x293/jimmy_firestone/

I'll take some new pics displaying the LBV at our next photoshoot, hopefylly I've got the loadout finished by then.

Holy ###### :o

That pic with Chuck Norris in the background is epic :D