• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

Right now, I use some el cheapo 37% cotton, 63% Polyester thread in my sewing machine. Every so often, the thread breaks or gums up in the machine, halting production and ruining gear. Any suggestions of what brand and composition thread I should use in a sewing machine, that will also add durability to my gear? I heard somewhere, possibly in the manual, that el cheapo WallyWorld thread isn't going to work without the said problems <_<

Yeah, you won't be able to use anything from wallyworld. You'll want at least a #69 bonded thread like ChickenZombie said. Use the absolute biggest needle that your machine will run— you'll break fewer needles, and the machine will generally just run smoother. Also, turn the top tension all the way up. You might need to help it out a bit by lightly holding the thread before it enters the machine to provide added tension, too. If you're creative, it's not hard to figure out an external tensioner so that you don't have to sit there and hold the thread....

As for brands of thread, I get mine from www.thethreadexchange.com, or something like that. Look at the bonded nylon threads. I've gone through several cones of their thread, and it's all good stuff. ;)

nearly finnished the holster for my custom grendae launcher!

launcherholder001on4.th.jpg

launcherholder003ze4.th.jpg

launcher005ym7.th.jpg

holster made out of fiber glass with multicam cordura resined over the top! looks less dark & less shiny in real life as i coated it with mat varnish!

just need to put some thin leather round the top to protect the edges of the fiber glass! did the molle on the back out of thick leather & some spare pouches i had kicking around for the straps!

That is siiiiick

Here is my Custom "Soldier Up Gear" PC. Thanks Gonzo!!!

Now with pouches:

I still have a radio pouch i have to fit on there. Im not sure where i want it yet. But it will have to wait till i get it and my radio back.

Also another SUG creation, Peltor Headstrap Cover:

Best pic i have, for some reason my camera is acting up.

Gonzo is nasty. How much do you charge?

• 2 weeks later...