Possible, but I doubt it. He probably wouldn't go "hey I'm going to reload now even though I still have ammo."

When given the opportunity to reload/top off, why won't you? You have to check out the choreography of the scene to really understand the context. I really suggest watching the movie, cool movie imo.

Anyways, less OT, more custom gear. Anyone have any tips on working with kydex?

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

Possible, but I doubt it. He probably wouldn't go "hey I'm going to reload now even though I still have ammo."

Its called a tactical reload!!!! if you know your low on ammo in your mag you reload regardless & move the empty mag to either your empty mag pouch or as in the movie discard the mags for fresh full mags! no professional knowing that they were running low would let there weapon fully empty as a full reload means having to go thru your stop weapon checks! & anyway its a movie so the fact that they did a reload was frankly amazing considering most movie weapons have infinite ammo while in a fire fight!

I see. Of course, it's not like a fresh round has to be chambered or anything like that.

The Cleric Sidearm isn't actually a Beretta in the movie, it fires straight away. If I remember correctly it's treated as though it's automatic at some parts. It's a scifi movie, they even use a WA2000 as a shotgun. Real life rules (I suppose "Physics" would be a better term) don't exactly apply to films.

• 2 weeks later...
Of course, but it would appear as if he's reloading during the firefight. In that situation, it wouldn't make as much sense to pull a "tactical reload" in the middle of a firefight.

If you haven't seen the movie, he's essentially DANCING THROUGH A HAIL OF BULLETS. Realism isn't a big deal, it's sci-fi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Modified Arktis 1602 side with pals molle:

during the work:

hpim0841y.th.jpg

hpim0845.th.jpg

End with pouches:

hpim0856.th.jpg

During a pause of the game:

arktis.th.jpg

I added 2x2 magazine pouch and a foldable spentmag pouch instead of the usual Arktis pouches. This let me keep the pouches higher than usual in that side (and to go in kneeling position easyer) keeping the vest a little low (to have easyer access to the back pouches).

• 3 weeks later...

Got a friend of mine to do some work for me :)

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

Sewn pockets on the upper sleeves of my field shirts.

DSC_0033.jpg

And velcro to the pocket flaps of my rainjacket.

Maybe not new to you guys, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person on my base with this stuff done ;)

Edited by Lerch
  • 1 month later...

New bag hot off the sewing machine. First bit of kit I have made my self. Quite pleased with it despite the rubbish stitching in places. Designed to hold the few bits and pieces I need for a CQB game, a few spare MP7 mags, a radio and some pyro, nothing more, nothing less.

post-30394-1257370350_thumb.jpg

post-30394-1257370362_thumb.jpg Despite how it looks that long mp7 mag doesn't actually stick out the top as far as it appears to.

post-30394-1257370387_thumb.jpg

Might add a bit of padding to the strap on the shoulder area. Undecided about a zip at the moment, as I don't plan on using this for every day stuff and when playing I need quick access I have left it off for now.

If any one is really interested I'll post a guide in the project section of how to make one.