• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

My desert DPM came in from the UK today, so even though i went home early because of this nasty *albatross* cold i've got, i was still able to whip this up:

L1040087.jpg

A tactical apron! I took the idea from TacticalGrilling.com. The bottom 2 rows of MOLLE have a double spaced part so i can "holster" my tongs and spatula. Don't mind the awful picture. It's dark and the flash washes out the colours.

• 2 weeks later...

I figure this is the best place to ask this. I have absolutely no skill in sewing, nor do I have the equipment I would need. I need a mayflower low-profile style armor carrier (Plates & soft armor), in khaki. http://www.itstactical.com/2009/11/13/mayf...d-uw-chest-rig/

If any one has the ability to make one, please contact me.

Mods, if this is out of place please remove

http://www.mayflower-rc.org/store/7016/22/...or-Carrier.html

Just buy: having it made "custom" will not be any cheaper, or probably what you want (hell its cheaper than a new CIRAS). While the design looks simple, getting it just right will not be.

Or wait for the EBB version.

KM

• 2 months later...

Not actually my tactical needlework I'm afraid, but still custom none the less.

Pictures kindly taken for me by my brother. It probably looks a lot more complex than it actually is, when I next go home and get a chance to set it up with pouches it'll make more sense.

0P1000447.jpg

P1000450.jpg

I'll be needing to buy quite a few web dominators and there's 1 small mod still to be made, but once it's all sorted it'll open at the front for extremely quick and easy donning/removal while still giving me more than enough MOLLE space for my needs, and there is no commercially available rig on the market right now that can say the same (edit: not one that fits me anyway). Believe me, I've really looked.

Edited by CKinnerley

My Desert Eagle Holster!

Showing its security -

How did you do that?

Any chance you have a guide or "how to" link for this thing?

Would be immensly apreciated, this would mean I could actually start skirmishing with my deagle instead of just using it to plink in the backyard. wink.gif

Not actually my tactical needlework I'm afraid, but still custom none the less.

This looks fantastic! Looks like a souped-up MAV or Bulle MLE... I like it a lot! Especially the large rear MOLLE Panel...

I might be interested in something similar, any info who to contact?

Really looking forward to see it with pouches/worn as well :D

Looks very interesting, can't wait for the loaded up/worn pictures.Who made it by the way? Bozzer?

Since I've been using the same rig (Blackhawk plate carrier) with the same types of pouches for quite some time now, the idea with this is basically to move to a whole new sort of 'generation' of kit. I could quite easily just swap my current pouches on to this as they'd all fit and do the job, but then I'd not really feel like it was much of an improvement. Hence I'll be getting quite a lot of new stuff to go on to this, so it may be a while before it's all done, but then again I might just swap to current stuff on there just to see how it looks, I'll post up either way.

Not sure why I omitted the company who made it in the post, strange mistake. After a fair amount of searching around for totally custom gear manufacturers I pinged off e-mails to 3 different ones and actually ended up only getting 1 response, from the guys here:

http://www.tigertactical.com

So suffice to say they're who I went with. Great standard of work, finished the project in well under 3 weeks of me sending them the payment, kept me up-to-date throughout the build, were accommodating of my changes to the design and were so fast with their communications to me I genuinely was shocked on occasions.

This looks fantastic! Looks like a souped-up MAV or Bulle MLE... I like it a lot! Especially the large rear MOLLE Panel...I might be interested in something similar, any info who to contact?Really looking forward to see it with pouches/worn as well :D

I'm glad you said that I must admit because I had a BULLE MLE for ages and loved it in many many ways, if it weren't for the fact it didn't quite size down small enough to fit me properly I'd still be using it to this day I expect. I took ideas from many places including the 2-piece MAV/MLE, the Blackhawk LBE Harness, the Bravo Company Modular Split-Front Chest Harness and the DBT Load bearing H-Harness. The real inspiration that prompted me to finally go and get this thing made (after considering it for well over a year) was a lot less gucci than any of that lot though actually; it was when I found this thing that I finally took the plunge:

Condor Modular Chest Set

The issue I always had, is that you can get RRV style chest rigs that'll give you a bib, but no back panel and not front split, or there were H-Harness setups with a back panel for hydro (very important to me) and split front, but no bib. That condor rig proved however, that it is indeed possible to have all 3 of those key features at the same time, when you really think about the design. Now admittedly the end result I have there is quite different to the condor set, but this is just a first experimental version that was less costly, and I intend to commission tiger tactical again to produce a version 2 at some point once I've done a few skirmishes in the gen 1 and decided where it could possibly be improved.

Ok, well that was silly.

To reiterate since it's been removed now (IAW the forum rules) the rig cost me $350 Canadian, with another $50 or so for shipping once it was completed. Bearing in mind they didn't charge any extra for doing some pretty large modifications to it right at the very end of the process I'm pretty happy with that price.

[shamelessplug] Lads and lasses, some of you had previously expressed interest to me in some custom gear. This is me saying that I'm back open for business for the summer. I'll be able to build stuff only until about the beginning of August, so if you want stuff, get to me sooner rather than later.

Pictures of a few past highlights can be seen here: http://photobucket.com/SoldierUpGear .

I have a few standard things, but I can do true custom as well (to an extent...).

Thank you for your time. :-P

[/shamelessplug]

Edited by gonzo1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some custom gear that i've knocked out in the past few months. My current project is figuring out how to get Crye kneepads onto my BDU/DCU/ACU pants.

MOLLE shirt/vest i made for a customer. The sleeves were removed and turned into a combat shirt; i didn't take pics of it before i delivered that project.

L1040174.jpg

L1040173.jpg

Shotgun scabbard for my custom CA870 shorty shotgun. I needed one in Ranger Green AND short enough to fit my particular shotgun. I probably could've done without the double MOLLE webbing, but i wasn't sure if i would need the extra space to shift it around when mounting to my vest.

L1040172.jpg

L1040169.jpg

Basic RAID mod, all buttons changed to velcro closures.

L1040109.jpg

Simple Kneepad pockets on DCU pants. They're pretty basic, V2 will have Cordura enhancements, but i may not even bother as i'm working on that Crye project.

L1040126Medium.jpg

DCU Combat Shirt (w/ RAID mod). I modeled it after the Gen1 USMC FROG shirt. This is the first one i did (and was for myself), so i worked out the kinks since then. I'm currently working on a woodland one for myself, when i can find the time.

L1040129Medium.jpg

L1040128Medium.jpg

If anybody needs anything, PM me :) Most of my work is custom tailoring type stuff, but i'm slowly moving towards making pouches as well.

Continuing my trend of modifying my gear to suit my wants/needs/random urges:

IMG_4005.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

Took a set of woodland pants in size Large, and played with them a bit. Took pockets from a woodland top, moved them over the knees, took the cargo pockets and moved them to the rear, added some UR-Tactical kneepads (improvements on the Crye pads, for sure), and ripped the blousing bands from the legs. Instead of the bands I put in some shock cord and cord locks so that I can have a tight seal even when wearing the pants unbloused. I've got a bit more planned, however. I am going to add a pocket from a BDU jacket to the side of each leg, a la the ACU cut, because it's a damn practical place for a pocket, and I'm also looking to add some shock cord to the rear of each knee to cinch it a little tighter, like the Crye BDUs offer but improved, as I think that their design leaves something to be desired. I'm also looking to add an extension above the belt, to prevent belt-bite when wearing these and a regular BDU top.

To go with the pants I picked up a shirt by Helikon gear:

KO-CS2-PO-03_500.jpg

Continuing my trend of modifying my gear to suit my wants/needs/random urges:

Took a set of woodland pants in size Large, and played with them a bit. Took pockets from a woodland top, moved them over the knees, took the cargo pockets and moved them to the rear, added some UR-Tactical kneepads (improvements on the Crye pads, for sure), and ripped the blousing bands from the legs. Instead of the bands I put in some shock cord and cord locks so that I can have a tight seal even when wearing the pants unbloused. I've got a bit more planned, however. I am going to add a pocket from a BDU jacket to the side of each leg, a la the ACU cut, because it's a damn practical place for a pocket, and I'm also looking to add some shock cord to the rear of each knee to cinch it a little tighter, like the Crye BDUs offer but improved, as I think that their design leaves something to be desired. I'm also looking to add an extension above the belt, to prevent belt-bite when wearing these and a regular BDU top.

To go with the pants I picked up a shirt by Helikon gear:

Nice job on the kneepads. I assume you've made them so that they're still removeable, right? How'd you deal with the height problem with the knee to the kneepad, or did you measure them up on yourself? I'm asking because my teammates are asking me to do it, and i don't think it's necessary to re-create Crye's vertical adjustment feature on the kneepads.