Figured I'd ask here, as people have worked with Cordura before. I'm modifying a piece of gear of mine, but I've never worked with Cordura before. A couple questions I had;

1.) What do you use for MOLLE webbing? The ripstop nylon or the cordura nylon?

2.) What type of thread do you use to sew everything?

3.) What do you use to make shoulder straps?

4.) What do you use to reinforce the edges to make sure that it doesn't fray?

Any type of help would be greatly appreciated, PM preferred so we don't clutter up the thread.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

some olive green lycra I got off of ebay, to be honest its really a bit thin compared to that on my brother's OD Crye AC trousers, but hopefully it will hold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Olive-green-matt-lycra-4-way-stretch-fabric-material-/400210283471?pt=UK_Crafts_Fabric_Textiles_SM&hash=item5d2e644bcf#ht_1066wt_954

I imagine somewhere in america will have something similar or closer to the stretch crye use

ah ok, thanks! yea ive been trying to find some suitable material to use as the stretch panels in green and havent had a whole lot of luck. propper has some tweave pants out now in mc, coyote and 2 other colors, but not an ODish green. I'm probably going to split the tweave pants in coyote with some teammates to have some desert marpat pants modified

IR patches on camoflage designed to hide you from NVGs...

Is exactly the sort of thing that makes airsoft great.

Plus, seeing as it was no good at countering NVGs even back in Gulf 1, you'd only wear it because you just happen to find it to be a comfortable/practical jacket, not for any of its' other properties.

• Like 1

Plus, seeing as it was no good at countering NVGs even back in Gulf 1, you'd only wear it because you just happen to find it to be a comfortable/practical jacket, not for any of its' other properties.

I don't know about that. Good friend of mine wore in to Eastwind I, where they used real 1980's Russian NOD systems, complete with large IR spotlights. He and another guys on the US team were lying in the middle of a short, grassy field, sneaking up on the Russian position, when their IR light flooded them (they were wearing US NVGs themselves). The Russians never noticed them.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. Good friend of mine wore in to Eastwind I, where they used real 1980's Russian NOD systems, complete with large IR spotlights. He and another guys on the US team were lying in the middle of a short, grassy field, sneaking up on the Russian position, when their IR light flooded them (they were wearing US NVGs themselves). The Russians never noticed them.

Just going off what I read to be honest, if your mate reckons it works against those old ruskie devices, then it works. Though on the other hand some other BDUs might have worked just as well... not something I could say for sure.

Just going off what I read to be honest, if your mate reckons it works against those old ruskie devices, then it works. Though on the other hand some other BDUs might have worked just as well... not something I could say for sure.

From what I understand, they were specifically designed to counter Soviet-made NODs the Iraqis had during the First Gulf War. While it's debatable whether the Iraqis used them properly, or at all, in this instance they were quite effective.

You have to be careful about regular BDUs as washing them incorrectly, specifically with the wrong detergent, will reduce the anti-IR properties and could even deposit some material that is picked up in IR light.

I did get a chance to do a rough 'test' with some G3 PVS-7s during recurrent SERE training. I would say they were noticably better than standard woodland BDUs, but it was plain that they were designed for the more inferior Soviet NODs.

Is exactly the sort of thing that makes Airsoft great

yet i have clearly copied that reference pic of the owner of mayflower tactical nylon, guess army sf are getting it wrong also.

the pattern doesn't work any better than us woodland through gen3 so its kind of void for its original intended use, i just like the pattern.

yet i have clearly copied that reference pic of the owner of mayflower tactical nylon, guess army sf are getting it wrong also.

the pattern doesn't work any better than us woodland through gen3 so its kind of void for its original intended use, i just like the pattern.

:huh:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I read your post, I saw the reference material. I was saying that I thought what you did was a good idea, I like it.

Edited by CKinnerley