• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Really nice strichtarn chestrig SteevoLS, have though about making one simular or in a V-95 type pattern for a what if loadout.

Here are some in use, not sure if they were made for export by the DDR or custom made from fabric post German unification.

http://balashnikov.com/showthread.php?5477-Rain-Pattern-Chest-Rig

Given the amount of NVA gear seen on the Balkan's in the early 90's I have not come accross any pics of custom rigs in use there.

Thanks! The next project is to make one that replicates the Sandinista rigs... complete with sideways pattern. I haven't seen one for sale in years.

I keep throwing money at my screen but nothing happens! Nice rig, would love one!

@Bando: I'd love to, but I'm out of zipper glider/pulls. Only got black left, and an order from the states will take its time... Should I pm you when i get some?

@Geri: I only use mil-spec webbing, fabric and thread + ITW / US Made plastic parts. But your friend's stuff looks amazing, especially the binding of the yoke! FYI, binding is considered the the most challenging sewing operation :)

Sorry for the late response, I talked to Arnie and now got commercial status, yeeey!

Price is around 150 CHF/USD, depending on extra features, without shipping. At the moment I have Coyote Brown and MultiCam. Unfortunately I cannot justify the expenses to add another pattern/color, because it would not only be fabric, but triglides, buckles, Mil-W-17337 webbing, elastic webbing, zippers, binding tape, velcro and paracord...

Not sure this is the thread to post this in, but I need a bit of advice. I've a DBT carrier I bought off of ebay and the zipper...well...completely ate itself as well as the stopper at the end. I want to remove the busted zipper and repair it or do away with it entirely and add a couple of buckles. I don't have a hella-great sewing machine, what would be the best way to go about this?

OK, now the problem is that zippers should generally not be load-bearing. But because of the integrated(?) pouches, I don't see any room to add the webbing with anything else than a simple seam. And that's not optimal either...

So:

1. Replace the zipper

a. Find a similar separating zipper, open the seams, remove old zipper, add new zipper and sew. But your typical home machine will have troubles with that.

b. Ask DBT to replace it and hope they'll do it for free.

2. Add buckles

a. Do it yourself. Buy 1" buckles (2), some 1" webbing, and sew. But again, your homemachine will have troubles with it, and if you don't know what you're doing, you'll curse. A lot. You'll curse a lot on 1a. as well, forgot to add.

b. Ask a sewing shop in your area to do it.

So, if you like cursing and learning how to sew, 1a or 2a are your choices.

If you like it do be done elegantly and you have some money to spare, 1b or 2b it is...

• 2 weeks later...