• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

Thanks TheEgo for the input, paracord/a small screw or something is darn clever and has been in the back of my mind since your post, but I really wanted the inserts to be self contained and easy to get in and out (oooh errr).

I ended up making a little claw, its not too pretty but its prototype mk -1 and it seems to work pretty well

post-13218-0-97605000-1351465554_thumb.jpg

post-13218-0-98588500-1351465585_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More of a modification than an actual piece of gear, thought this might come in handy for others though.

I'd been having slight issues with my TT Fight-Light dump pouch, it lacked a hoop of plastic reinforcement around the upper edge to help keep it open as most older design of dump pouch have, made it comparably slow and tricky to drop empty magazines in there with the pouch situated in the standard position around the back of my belt; without pausing to look that is (which wastes a lot of time during a reloading sequence).  So when I was going through  the standard mods I do whenever I'm issued a new field jacket, I thought I'd put the copper wire I'd removed from the smock's hood to some use.

First up, here's the wire running through the baffle.  Originally I cut up and old coat hanger which worked fine, but it was pretty thick steel and adding that much weight to a Fight-Light pouch seemed entirely counter-productive.

IMG_0776_zpsf1479099.jpg

Child-like paint doodling incoming.  So as to maximise the opening at the very top of the pouch, I routed the copper like so.

IMG_0783_zpsa566b76e2_zpsc896d3bd.jpg

Slightly fiddly job, but in the grand scheme of things it only took a couple of minutes of working the wire around in to the desired shape and it was well worth the time.  The added bonus is that with the wire running around the very upper edge of the baffle section, the bungee cord can still narrow the opening if you want more security for the dumped magazines.

IMG_0786_zpsdc50e09b.jpg

I do generally find a few bits of leaves and small twigs in the dump pouches I've used in woodland that do have the more rigid opening, wouldn't argue that, but I've never had anything get in to, damage, or otherwise hinder the operation of my mags.  On the other hand the use of the pouch was hindered a lot by not having a clear opening, so it's worth it overall in my mind.

Also there's the fact I used to find debris inside the pouch before the mod anyway, so there's not really any disadvantage in my experience so far.

Got a new machine, and I'm back in the game.  Singer 4411.   Throwing something together in DD/DGII for someone else at the moment, a sneaky peek can be seen on the top there.

IMG_0810_zpsa8f1f14f.jpg

Spectre gear christmas stocking in the background there, showing off my tacticool christmas.

Edited by Mr. Jon

If its cordura you're sewing, I would have suggested a vintage machine with steel gears since this new machine will die a painful death when tackling 8 layers of 1000d cordura.

I've made quite a few pouches for customers this Christmas and will post them up when I have time, although some of them said they will be posting reviews so they might beat me to it.

• Like 1

If its cordura you're sewing, I would have suggested a vintage machine with steel gears since this new machine will die a painful death when tackling 8 layers of 1000d cordura.

I use an old hand cranked singer my self . when I took it in to the local sewing machine shop to get it repaired a couple of mths ago the guy in the shop couldn't find it on his model list so he did a bit of research , turns out reason he couldn't find the serial No was its 115yrs old ! Absolute beast of a machine will punch through most jobs no problem . Best thing is look on eBay and you can pick up a similar machine for not a lot of dosh . thing I really liked about it in the beginning was its really controllable for a novice , you don't need to worry about it 'running away ' from you like electrics can . Over the 5 or 6 yrs I've had it I've made 7 complete rigs , gun bags , helmet covers , mod'ed clothing and god knows how many pouches , belts and slings . Love it .

Actually I hardly ever use cordura, it's normally clothing that I decide wasn't over-engineered enough, but that specifically is something crackers like 70d nylon for extreme lightweight throwaway pouches.

It's their retail heavy duty machine, I've seen them do 15+ layers of some kind of natural canvas, and while I've not taken it apart to check because I'm not insane It weighs enough to suggest it's steel inside.  Whatever really, It does what I need, I'm not about making heavy kit so it's never going to be punching through loads of 1000d like it was 2003.

And Eklam, if you're talking about the pouches I think you are, I'll probably get a hands on look at one or two when they're out and about so I'm looking forward to seeing how they come out, nifty bits of kit as I understand it.

Edited by Mr. Jon

Way ahead of you.  I haven't just started this, I just took a break between machines.  Most of my stuff has little mods here and there but generally I buy things that are what I need so none of it is massively obvious from looking at it and thus doesn't make good material for this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of my latest stuff:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/forum/387-flimmuur-tactical/

I have been in discussion with one of my frequent customers, CKinnerley, and I may be producing some slings (late March-early April), similar to the design he suggested, thus avoiding the need to buy two slings and butcher them for parts. I will possibly stock desert digital, aor2, MTP, coyote tan, olive green, depending on popularity and demand.

Some of my latest stuff:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/forum/387-flimmuur-tactical/

I have been in discussion with one of my frequent customers, CKinnerley, and I may be producing some slings (late March-early April), similar to the design he suggested, thus avoiding the need to buy two slings and butcher them for parts. I will possibly stock desert digital, aor2, MTP, coyote tan, olive green, depending on popularity and demand.

A completly custom plate carrier/chestrig/harnes modular system from A-Tak:

1000D OD Curdura.

Frontside:

a1_2013_1_21_esht1i6xzd.jpg

Backside:

a1_2013_1_21_vxcovu9ysj.jpg

"Bikini" panel:

a1_2013_1_21_pqq8zzsdff.jpg

Mag. insert:

a1_2013_1_21_8b137b56ve.jpg

Insert in the panel:

a1_2013_1_21_ko611tl5uk.jpg

PC system:

a1_2013_1_21_algpr07yr7.jpg

"Bikini" panel standalone use, with custom shoulder straps, as a chest rig:

a1_2013_1_21_c9g7nr5xp8.jpg

"Bikini" chest rig backside:

a1_2013_1_21_5p9upa6t1c.jpg

The color is OD, but this time didn't I made the photos so it's not the best quality :D

• Like 1

Some lovely inspiration here guys, most "exotic" thing I've done so far is remove the elastic on an EI M4 mag pouch as it was a tad too tight with two pmags in, slowing my reloads. Don't think its quite worth posting a horrible quality image up for, mainly wanted to thank you guys with the nifty ideas. :D

• 1 month later...

Finished an interesting job in January: A guy bought a Solidfox CPC and wanted me to replace all the PALS/MOLLE webbing with original Multicam webbing.

IMG_0507-Kopie.jpgIMG_0497-Kopie.jpg

Was quite interesting to take apart and to see how the Chinese guys made it. Build quality wasn't even that bad, they just used a a non-bonded thread.

BTW this mod costs around the same as the carrier itself, but it's still cheaper than the original...

And I bought some Cobra Buckles!

P1000770-Kopie.jpgP1000775-Kopie.jpg

• Like 1

Bloody nice work spoeni.

Ever thought of doing a similar belt with a velcro attached pad system broken in to multiple sections (to fit between belt loops)?  To my mind, that'd be the ideal solution for people who want to rock the ever-fashionable (for good reason) kydex belt-mounted holster/mag pouches combo.