Thanks CKinnerley!

I know what you mean. The belt itself is 2" (50mm), I don't think a lot of pant have belt loops that big. I have 1.5" (38mm) webbing, but the belt loops are usually in the place where one would benefit the most from the padding (on the sides, right next to the hip bone). A pad for 1.5" might even fit through most loops, I'll do a proto when I'm not as busy as right now.

Got another idea for a MOLLE/PALS compatible belt that is only 1.5" wide...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Allmost done with some Postapoc game gear.   Made mostly from real junk, fitted to a hockey torso protection. Police riot protection on the legs. Voicechanger under mask with loud speaker hidden i

Just finished up this leather pancake holster for my series 70. Stitch work is pretty rough (and not a proper saddle stitch) but I'm really happy with it considering its the first leather work I've do

Whoring around pics of this set.  Love 'em.  

Posted Images

Hi folks, I have been looking int DIY gear for a month or two and I was thinking to sign up for sewing courses sometime this summer.

Before I hop into spending money (like buying old school sewing machine with walking foot and big bobbin FTW), I wander where is the heaven to buy all the DIY goods with decent EU shipping:

500D and 1000D or similar nylon in color like CB, OD, TAN.

Webbing OD, TAN, CB

Nylon Threads OD, TAN, CB

Buckles and other plastic/metal parts (like American molding stuff)

Kydex

I read DIY forum, but I do not seem to find any real guides for noobs, like selecting needles, threads, troubleshooting etc :)

My latest builds:

Shotgun-shell pouch. Holds 8 shells.
The tab keeps in in place, but is flexible enough to bend when pulling a shell out.
Empty shells can just be put back in from the top.

Shotgunpouch.jpg

Double Slapstick pouch, made for a teammate:

IMAG0132.jpg

Personal Wallet. (My leather wallet was at his end, and the coins were crushing my bank-cards)

wallet.jpg

And Mbitr pouch:

mbitrpouch.jpg

Edited by blarock86
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

P1040075_zps513cc416.jpg

PC belongs to my brother, the pouch is a birthday present he did for me.  Partly as an experiment as well as a gift, the material for the backing is so thin it's translucent.   Seems to hold up on a basic level using 2 layers of the stuff, but we'll see what happens in game.

I run dual pistols so I started last year on my own custom rig. I think I am finished with my rig for a while. All parts of the rig are modular ...I have the bottom piece in the picture with the dump pouch and glock holsters and another bottom that is bare for a minimal rig. The top suspenders with my radio button and knife can be replaced with a bare pair of bare suspenders. The custom drop legs snap off so I don't have to have them on the rig either. Of course the belt holds all my mag pouches still. I have a holster that hooks to the back of my rig so I can carry the bazooka vertical on my back, but I need to secure it better. The bazooka holster slides over a strap sewn on the right side of the top section.

Ok that. Is amazing.

Hoping one of you gents can give me some advice, as i'm putting together something here.

Basically built myself a one-point for my Mk-43 Mod 1 out of a old Blackhawk 2 point, a ATS buckle and a lot of gorilla tape. Now I do not have a sewing machine, but I want to cut down the amount of tape used to hold this thing together to reduce the overall ghetto look.

Also it desperately needs padding. Advice?

DSCF9389_zps8b60d863.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

PC belongs to my brother, the pouch is a birthday present he did for me.  Partly as an experiment as well as a gift, the material for the backing is so thin it's translucent.   Seems to hold up on a basic level using 2 layers of the stuff, but we'll see what happens in game.

CKinnerley, where did you find the elastic webbing for the mag pouch?

Edited by Imperator

Welp, I'll chime in as I constructed it.  It's actually stretch fabric, similar to Lycra, and it's doubled over.  It seems to work okay but could do with some more refining.  Honestly I have no idea where you'd get more of that specific fabric as I'm fairly sure it's an overrun from years ago, it's got DGII watermarks at least.

I imagine more or less any lycra would do with some experimentation.

Ah I see,

I dont store bbs in cloth bags long term.

I keep my bbs in the original plastic bags or tubs and fill the cloth bag on the moring of game day.

Most of the time I use Guarder 0.28s in everything, pistols/aegs/bolties, simplifies logistics somewhat,

On odd occasions when I use Madbull 0.4s they go in the bag and I keep pistol ammo in a very small cloth bag and load the pistol mags by hand (tm pistol mags load quickly by hand from the base of the slot)

Jim